Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I saw a coming soon inventory vehicle last night, and decided to order it separately from my original order to prevent it from getting away. I was willing to take a $250 chance that I could keep my 1/29 pricing. I was finally able to get a hold of an SA via text during business hours today. When I placed this new order, I received a text right away which did not happen with the previous order. I asked if Tesla would honor my 1/29 pricing, and they replied that the VIN had been moved to that order with the 1/29 pricing. The SA texted me a few hours later to see if I could pick up on 3/17 as the car was arriving today. I will be out of town, so chose 3/22. I will add the tow package after delivery as I want it for the bike carrier that we already use on our X. I was fine if it did not work out, but am glad that I gave it a shot. Definitely an interesting process.
I just did the same thing this morning.
Waiting for a reply from SA in text message thread.
Did you need to complete any of the tasks again in the app? Or did your reservations just merge together? Right now I see my original RN and my new RN.

I just did the same thing this morning.
Waiting for a reply from SA in text message thread.
Did you need to complete any of the tasks again in the app? Or did your reservations just merge together? Right now I see my original RN and my new RN.
The previous tasks came over to the new reservation after a few hours. The initial reservation is still in my account, but says it is on hold.

Reactions: Mr_Turtle
Yay. got a VIN assigned. I logged into my account and there was a disclaimer that the vehicle is lacking some sensors etc. I could not read it entirely as the page just auto refreshed and then there as instructions to go to app.

Now in the app, it asks me to proceed with insurance and payment ( I had chosen cash pay). Should I proceed with the payment prior to delivery?

I also got an email asking to schedule delivery next week. Its a 3 day window mid next week. Anyone if they will give another set of dates for pick up?

Reactions: slyderz3 and ansons
I got my Vin on 3/7 with Edd 3/21-3/28. Have not received any updates as of yet. Hoping for something soon. Delivery in NY

Really hoping for something so I can at least plan to take appropriate time off of work. This whole process is a bit ridiculous especially since I have choice but to drive 5 hrs to pick up car.

Yay. got a VIN assigned. I logged into my account and there was a disclaimer that the vehicle is lacking some sensors etc. I could not read it entirely as the page just auto refreshed and then there as instructions to go to app.

Now in the app, it asks me to proceed with insurance and payment ( I had chosen cash pay). Should I proceed with the payment prior to delivery?

I also got an email asking to schedule delivery next week. Its a 3 day window mid next week. Anyone if they will give another set of dates for pick up?
you have to upload insurance. for MY or not it doesn’t matter.

payment can wait until you inspect your car

Reactions: vishnumrao
The previous tasks came over to the new reservation after a few hours. The initial reservation is still in my account, but says it is on hold.
Well, no such luck for me. SA text message says they cannot swap VIN from new RN to old RN. They cannot transfer my completed tasks from old RN to new RN. I went to an actual showroom and talked to someone. And they told me the same thing...

created order on 1/23 for msm/ white seats/ 19 inch/ tow .
Original date was 2/17 to 2/28. Changed multiples dates in March and finally settled on 3/17 to 3/31. And this morning it changed to 4/15 to 5/12.

Was refreshing the page like nuts this morning when it suddenly gavr me an option of accelerated delivery

White/ black seats and rest of the config same but at same price. Accepted the config as i had sold my previous car late Feb thinking Tesla will keep the dates.

Anyways within 5 minutes of accepting the new car, I got a text to schedule for delivery next week. Have scheduled the delivery for Monday. Hopefully it is a not a old stock or reject.

Same order date and config as me. I'm still waiting for VIN too. Santa Cruz, CA.
Hey bud, go talk to your SC reps (possibly their manager) and see if you can get something routed to you.Since Fremont is close by it should not be much a problem and since they are in quarter end they might just be in a helping mood so as to close a real deal by this month end. Be nice and patient but also be persuasive 😀

Reactions: BelugaWhale
MYLR 7 seater, Blue on Black, std 19inch wheels, Tow hitch
Location - PA (Philly region)

Order placed : 01/16
App delivery originally : Feb 27 - March 31.
EDD updated on 02/28 to : 03/18 - 03/31

EDD updated on 03/19 to: 04/08 to 05/06 ... So pissed 😡 will now lose the Armco Feb rate !

EDD updated on 03/19 to: 04/08 to 05/06 ... So pissed 😡 will now lose the Armco Feb rate !

and the tax credit?

Mine still says 3-31 to 5/6. Order placed : 01/16 . I wish they'd just say 4/1 so I can go with my used X order.
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior

I tried talking a couple of reps about matching inventory order but no dice (or they didn't care :()

I have same config without tow hitch. Location NJ. OD 1/21. EDD is till 3/25-3/31, but I don’t have confidence anymore in this EDD after looking at your EDD. 😀