Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

7 seat waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
irs announced they will issue guideline by next week
but not when it would be effective ... yet.. Read it might be thru May on Polestar, but not official. Any other recent rumors/leaks online?I will cancel if it's past 3/31 but it's so close. I've been thru this b/f w/ my 3 delivered 6/30/19, before the phase out.

My Used X is starting to look better :) It's $5K cheaper right now but w/o credit it will be $12.5K cheaper and 6 seater (prefer captains seating)

Last edited:
on elektrek it says that tesla is rumored to keep the full credit for the Y but lose for the 3:

exactly the rumor i was looking for. So no end of Q rush for me. I didn't like taking delivery during rush hour last time but no choice.

BTW only lose for the SR 3 only looks like
As for Tesla’s other Model Y and Model 3 vehicles in the US, they are expected to retain access to the full tax credit as they are using battery cells built by Tesla or Panasonic in Nevada, California, or Texas.

The battery material sourcing might be more of an issue, but Tesla appears confident that it won’t be the case as a large percentage of its battery materials are sourced from countries with free trade agreements like Australia and Canada.

My kids (6, 9, and 11) love the third row! Just picked up the car today, but having a blast already. Certainly haven’t mastered the seat controls/mechanisms yet, but we’ll get there. Only folded the 2nd row seat down a couple times when trying to just slide it forward 😂
Finally got my scheduling message. As fate would have it they gave me 3 day window (27-29) exactly coinciding with my spring break travel. I called up the delivery center and said if they could accomodate on 30th or 31st and they reluctantly agreed for 31st. It is updated now in the app to show 31st. Just praying they keep their promise.

BTW, i had a question I uploaded my proof of insurance from my current insurance provider (state farm) and it has validity till May 27. The tesla app keeps complaining insurance "expiring soon" . Update to take delivery. why would that be necessary. typically car dealerships require people to have a valid policy till the time the customer exits their showroom or a day or two after that. then it should not be their responsibility. isn't that so.

@BelugaWhale there are about 10 seven seaters in CA as per waitingfortesla. They are all induction rims though if you are interested
Just saw a handful pop up in inventory in my area and I still had no VIN assigned. I called and they routed me one! Pick up tomorrow. It was strange it was because they had some at various bay area locations but none at my pickup location... so I just changed to a different location and bang bang. It's closer than my previous pickup location too.

BTW, i had a question I uploaded my proof of insurance from my current insurance provider (state farm) and it has validity till May 27. The tesla app keeps complaining insurance "expiring soon" . Update to take delivery. why would that be necessary. typically car dealerships require people to have a valid policy till the time the customer exits their showroom or a day or two after that. then it should not be their responsibility. isn't that so.
That is odd. I’d chalk that up to a dumb automated message. I had uploaded my 3/25-9/25/23 ID card and they complained that they needed one that showed my pickup date, so I uploaded the 9/25/22-3/25/23 one a week before my appointment. In PA I also needed to bring a paper one for them to get a copy on day of delivery. I updated my insurance to add the MYLR vin as of delivery day, so my ID card listed the Tesla and expired in 2 days. I uploaded that one and brought a paper copy with me and they were fine with it.

Just saw a handful pop up in inventory in my area and I still had no VIN assigned. I called and they routed me one! Pick up tomorrow. It was strange it was because they had some at various bay area locations but none at my pickup location... so I just changed to a different location and bang bang. It's closer than my previous pickup location too.
Glad to hear that your all set 👍

Reactions: BelugaWhale
Picked up MYLR today. Couple issues, the front hood appeared misaligned there was a much larger gap on the drivers side versus the passenger and had a Tesla technician verify and agreed after he measured the spacing. The other issue was the third row passenger side seat will not fold down, you can hear the mechanism want to release but nothing happens. Got an appointment to have both issues looked at in a week. Other than those issues the car drives great, looks great. 👍
IMG_0776.jpeg

IMG_0777.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AJ..
Hi All,
Here are a few of my details
ODD 01/16, MN
MYLR7 White/Black - No other options
EDD 1 - 02/28-03/31
EDD 2- 03/18 - 03/31 (03/01)
EDD 3 - 04/01 - 04/05 (03/18)
03/19 - Vin assigned (Fremont Build) - Hoping it comes with matrix headlights :)
Got a message to schedule delivery today either on 03/28 or 03/29.
Trying to check if I can hold off until 03/30 or 03/31.

Reactions: AJ..
Just picked up my 7 seater at MT Kisco

Overall car didn’t seem to have any major issue. Some plastic pits still left on between headliner and glass roof.

The one thing missing was the rear trunk floor cover. It’s being dropped off on Tuesday per service request. They didn’t have any there because of 7 seater.

Attachments

• D6C18F5D-AA10-4EA5-A896-82767E023A6D.jpeg
    D6C18F5D-AA10-4EA5-A896-82767E023A6D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 53