Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it definitely sounds like it's the lease company that's at fault, i'm hoping I have no issues with mine as i ordered through NHS FS and they outsourced to Arnold Clark to order the car, and because of this I need to contact NHS FS who will then contact AC who will then contact Tesla, aaaarrrgghhh why is it that stuff like this is so complicated - I feel for you man, and i'd stick a Falcon Rocket up the lease company's behind with copies of your order that you made to prove you ordered FSD. I don't know what to advise really, threaten legal action? withhold payments sufficient to the cost of FSD?

Reactions: Neilio
Just got my reg and its BK70 ...
Added bonus, the last two of the letters match my initials, and the rep said the team would of tried do that on purpose which was nice of them :)
This is for collection from Birmingham on 14th September.
Anyone else been given a BK70 reg?

Yes it definitely sounds like it's the lease company that's at fault, i'm hoping I have no issues with mine as i ordered through NHS FS and they outsourced to Arnold Clark to order the car, and because of this I need to contact NHS FS who will then contact AC who will then contact Tesla, aaaarrrgghhh why is it that stuff like this is so complicated - I feel for you man, and i'd stick a Falcon Rocket up the lease company's behind with copies of your order that you made to prove you ordered FSD. I don't know what to advise really, threaten legal action? withhold payments sufficient to the cost of FSD?
Basically send it back. Under the 7 day rule if it's not sorted by Monday, the car goes. As it isn't what I'd signed for.

Picked M3 LR W/W up from Leeds this morning. Really easy and stress free, no problems, no hassle and no defects found. I am a happy bunny so far.
40C63C75-36A3-48E0-A61B-FEDFCF9F62E1.jpeg

Part 4 of the saga. Unbelievably it's taken me 3 days of constant phone calls to both Tesla and WeVee to get to a point where I STILL don't have FSD.
The first 2 days were literally spent ringing WeVee to be told that they had contacted Tesla to authorise the FSD and Tesla claiming they haven't heard anything. Today I've had to push like anything to get either company to do anything or get any information out of them. The upshot being, I am PAYING for Full Self drive, but Tesla are refusing to give me it becasue they say WeVee, or to be more specific Leaseplan are refusing to pay Tesla for the option.

I'm a very unhappy bunny here

If I were in your shoes I'd simply ask WeVee to amend your payment to reflect No FSD. Do it via email with a screen shot of the details page on the car screen where it should show FSD.

Let them know you're paying for something you weren't given and as they are responsible for placing the order and collecting money from you they should fix it.

If indeed they have instructed Tesla to do so they would forward that on to Tesla. If they haven't they very well may just get up and act rather than loose some money.

If I were in your shoes I'd simply ask WeVee to amend your payment to reflect No FSD. Do it via email with a screen shot of the details page on the car screen where it should show FSD.

Let them know you're paying for something you weren't given and as they are responsible for placing the order and collecting money from you they should fix it.

If indeed they have instructed Tesla to do so they would forward that on to Tesla. If they haven't they very well may just get up and act rather than loose some money.
Problem is I do really want the full self drive. The amount of pain I've gone through in the last 3 days has been ridiculous. literally calling one the the other and always getting different stories. Final thing was the guy I was dealing with at WeVee said he'd ring me at the end of the day with a final update because he believed the purchase order should have been sent to Tesla. He ever rang.

Will do a fuller collection and first road trip review when my frazzled brain is working again, but collected today and have enjoyed every second of the trip back, the car is solid and charging has worked perfectly for 230 miles home including SC pre-conditioning which is what I wanted to see for first user experience.

Can’t quite believe that the journey since Nov 19 is over, although a new journey now begins - zero emissions motoring and being part of the big push to EV, feel very fortunate to have this car and all it entails.

Hint to those collecting - try and get an appointment earlier in the day rather than later - at 10AM in Birmingham it was really quiet, people starting to appear as I left and they had 48 pickups to get through today. They were a little light on engagement/customer experience but was happy with the product so decided it was better to get moving than dwell on how much engagement they gave.

Stopped at my old Shell v-power fill-up point to stretch legs closer to home and spent £0.00 on diesel. Massive win.

Final comment for now - the performance of the LR is exceptional and the ride is pretty accomplished, in fact much better than I expected.

Reactions: Medved_77

I've been following Neilio's various posts since he first showed an interest in Tesla. Having owned other premium brands with a premium customer experience he quite rightly expected a lot for +£50k I had a sneaking feeling he was never really going to be happy with the sometimes flaky 'Tesla experience'. I haven't given my referral code to friends who show a vague interest either, for similar reasons, even though myself and my Daughter (had an S, owns an X & reserved a Cybertruck) have been totally satisfied. There's always that niggling doubt about what might happen....

Even if this mess isn't actually caused by Tesla, he had already expressed enough concerns to suggest to me that owning a Tesla might not be for him - it must be a difficult decision to reject once he's actually tried the car & I respect that.

I've been following Neilio's various posts since he first showed an interest in Tesla. Having owned other premium brands with a premium customer experience he quite rightly expected a lot for +£50k I had a sneaking feeling he was never really going to be happy with the sometimes flaky 'Tesla experience'. I haven't given my referral code to friends who show a vague interest either, for similar reasons, even though myself and my Daughter (had an S, owns an X & reserved a Cybertruck) have been totally satisfied. There's always that niggling doubt about what might happen....

Even if this mess isn't actually caused by Tesla, he had already expressed enough concerns to suggest to me that owning a Tesla might not be for him - it must be a difficult decision to reject once he's actually tried the car & I respect that.
To be honest, apart from fobbing me off with the "FSD will work once the cameras have calibrated " lie not much seems to be Teslas fault with my current woes. Turns out WeVee/Lex didn't pay for the FSD that I'm paying them for. As far as I know they still haven't. Nothing Tesla can do about that. They aren't going to give me a £6800 option just in good faith. Also, apart from the speaker grill being loose and the wonky rear number plate build quality is actually better than I expected. Its not up to European standards for a pricey car but its a damn site better than the Camaro hire car I had last year in LA. That thing had more squeaks and shakes than anything. The simple fact of the matter is, I'm not getting the car I'm paying for. It looks like its not going to be resolved quickly too so I don't really have a choice but to send it back.

Reactions: Medved_77
To be honest, apart from fobbing me off with the "FSD will work once the cameras have calibrated " lie not much seems to be Teslas fault with my current woes. Turns out WeVee/Lex didn't pay for the FSD that I'm paying them for. As far as I know they still haven't. Nothing Tesla can do about that. They aren't going to give me a £6800 option just in good faith. Also, apart from the speaker grill being loose and the wonky rear number plate build quality is actually better than I expected. Its not up to European standards for a pricey car but its a damn site better than the Camaro hire car I had last year in LA. That thing had more squeaks and shakes than anything. The simple fact of the matter is, I'm not getting the car I'm paying for. It looks like its not going to be resolved quickly too so I don't really have a choice but to send it back.

Obviously you have said it is not Tesla fault but your lease company so really you did get the car you/lease company paid for, so returning it because some paperwork buying process has gone wrong is not grounds for return apart from the fact you are not happy.

I’m in, home delivery super smooth and lovely fella.

one tiny dull but of paint in rear drivers quarter other than that it’s perfect.

so easy to use and a very simple learning curve feel like I have had it forever all ready.

the cars performance is simply bonkers

h

Obviously you have said it is not Tesla fault but your lease company so really you did get the car you/lease company paid for, so returning it because some paperwork buying process has gone wrong is not grounds for return apart from the fact you are not happy.
Apart from the fact its missing a £6800 option that I'm paying for? If you bought something with 7 grand worth of equipment not working would you keep it?

Just to take a small step back @Neilio - based on what you are saying - isn’t this a case of lease company has supplied the wrong car to you ? I think I have that right - if so, should they not be supplying the right car to you with the spec ordered ?

I know it technically can be corrected by a software update, which can be the “compromise” you end up accepting - but you haven’t bought a car from Tesla, the lease company has - so surely it’s their issue to resolve.... ?

Just to take a small step back @Neilio - based on what you are saying - isn’t this a case of lease company has supplied the wrong car to you ? I think I have that right - if so, should they not be supplying the right car to you with the spec ordered ?

I know it technically can be corrected by a software update, which can be the “compromise” you end up accepting - but you haven’t bought a car from Tesla, the lease company has - so surely it’s their issue to resolve.... ?
It is indeed their issue to resolve and yes it is just a software update.

The point being, they HAVEN'T resolved it and seem unable to. So I'm stuck with a car missing what I had specified. I can't see what other choice I have?

It is early days - feels like ages to you but 4-5 days is not a terminal amount of time. In this situation, you need to find a route into lease company where you are getting someone who has authority - step 1. State your case clearly and set a deadline for resolution (be fair, give them some time). Suspect you are already considering/doing this.

Forget chasing Tesla, focus all efforts on lease company. It isn’t acceptable, but it can be sorted. It is highly unusual and almost sounds like lease co don’t have any procedure in place with Tesla to “software correct” an order that they ballsed up.

See if you can find another route into lease co that resets the conversation and don’t lose heart just yet. Keep us posted, we’re all hoping you get to a satisfactory outcome :)

• Love
Reactions: Neilio
It is indeed their issue to resolve and yes it is just a software update.

The point being, they HAVEN'T resolved it and seem unable to. So I'm stuck with a car missing what I had specified. I can't see what other choice I have?
Can you access the upgrades section in the app? If so, is the FSD showing there?
If it is, who's payment details are on the cars account?