Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Maybe there is a coating on the discs that needs wearing off? Tbh I haven’t used the brakes yet so I’d better do that, maybe the same. Knock regen down for a drive and bed the brakes in...

Quality for me is a mixed bag. It’s definitely not on a par with my old car, some of the materials just feel more plasticky and cheap, but it’s nowhere near as bad as I was expecting. Everything you touch feels premium and very nice. It’s only really things like the trim on the doors and the poor floor matts that seem sub standard. Needless to say, when I first floored it away from the lights my first thought wasn’t “yeah this is fun and all, but I’ve seen higher quality plastics in other cars door bins...”

I had to use them as I couldn't resist the power but yeah the regen braking is brilliant and very easy to get used to it. I will be turning it off just to make sure I have the brakes ready in case I need them. I felt it just didn't want to slow down and was contemplating upgrading them but realised I've been using regen rather than the brakes.

Don't get me wrong I know it's not at the same level as my last car either, but it's like comparing apples and oranges - pros and cons to both. In my opinion, this still has a premium feel to it but it isn't as bad as I was expecting/others make out to be, and I personally don't feel I've taken a 'step down'.

Reactions: Neilio
:p I don't know if its because the cars new but the brakes weren't as sharp as they need to be for the amount of power it has. I may turn regen braking off for a bit to bed them in.

Just like you, I've been looking for excuses but my wife saw right through it and was like just go for a drive and get it out of your system. Might have to buy one of those camping beds.

Re: The breaks, hadn't thought about that but I think I'd do the same and get the breaks 'broken in' before turning on regen.

Sounds like the kind of thing my wife would say as well. :) Can't beat having an understanding partner.

7 days to go... o_O

My car appears to be perfect :) got to Edinburgh around 0935 - walked right in took my name, we walked out to the car (it was right outside the door) - she waited while I had a quick look - showed me the cables and mud flaps in the boot - signed on the iPad and left by 0945 :)

Panel's all appear fine no gaps and couldn’t see any issues with paint - it was raining so didn’t spend to long :)

30 seconds after leaving Tesla I managed to drive through a huge muddy puddle and it’s now nicely covered in mud :(

Car had 40% charge when I collected

Last edited:
Re: The breaks, hadn't thought about that but I think I'd do the same and get the breaks 'broken in' before turning on regen.

Sounds like the kind of thing my wife would say as well. :) Can't beat having an understanding partner.

7 days to go... o_O
IMO I think it should be mentioned before turning it on. Luckily I tried to slow down for a camera and it wasn't an emergency situation to figure it out. Surprised I hadn't come across it, or no one else mentioned this.

7 days will fly by and believe me when I say it will be worth the wait!

The problem is I haven't gotten it out of my system yet and I don't know how I'm going to justify the boost on an already fast car. I know she's going to make me pay for it some way or another. Maybe ill book a spa day..

Off to Park Royale to see if they can get my FSD working. Really confused with this one as I'm convinced it should be a software fix. Autopilot works fine, the parking sensors work fine, the FSD computer is showing as being installed. But, there we go. Another day not working and not being paid because of the car

You are right, it really should be a remote fix. If its showing in the software menu as I previously showed an image of, then something odd going on or user error so service visit may be needed.

Otherwise, apart from the unrelated FSD visualisation and computer references, and the reference in the software tab, there is no other reference to 'full self drive'. Its just the summon and navigate on autopilot settings, the navigate on autopilot button on the sat nav directions and prompted lane changes in certain scenarios, along with manual lane change, the latter need specifically enabling just like autosteer, although NoA is profile specific so, unlike autosteer, needs to be enabled in each profile.

If its not on the software screen, then its up to Tesla to enable it and push it to the car. Have you checked the app for upgrades to see if it is offering it to you? Presumably its listed on the final invoice?

If you have not done so already, take a screenshot of the software screen and add it to your service request. Hopefully Tesla will see it and sort things before you have to go out of your way to take the car in.

Last edited:
.....I don't know how I'm going to justify the boost on an already fast car. I know she's going to make me pay for it some way or another. Maybe ill book a spa day..
It's well worth it - loses out slightly to the P off the line but once rolling above ~20 it feels fearsome!

(wife bought it on the app for my birthday a few weeks after delivery).

Maybe there is a coating on the discs that needs wearing off? Tbh I haven’t used the brakes yet so I’d better do that, maybe the same. Knock regen down for a drive and bed the brakes in...
One option if you want a fright is to find a suitable flat/downhill quiet stretch of road, then put the car in N (hold up on the right stalk for a second or so). Firstly you'll be confused at how the car is still going so fast when you've taken your foot off the pedal, you get used to it slowing down through regen really quickly. Then use foot brake to slow down which I believe will only use the friction pads rather than regen. Pull the right stick all the way down again (two detents) to reengage D.

IMO I think it should be mentioned before turning it on. Luckily I tried to slow down for a camera and it wasn't an emergency situation to figure it out. Surprised I hadn't come across it, or no one else mentioned this.

The problem is I haven't gotten it out of my system yet and I don't know how I'm going to justify the boost on an already fast car. I know she's going to make me pay for it some way or another. Maybe ill book a spa day..

Praying for a smooth delivery with no problems with the car.

I'm not sure how many drives I'm going to take to get this out of my system. Also have a road trip coming up in October so looking forward to that.

LOL @ Spa day. I'd be very impressed if that did it.

One option if you want a fright is to find a suitable flat/downhill quiet stretch of road, then put the car in N (hold up on the right stalk for a second or so). Firstly you'll be confused at how the car is still going so fast when you've taken your foot off the pedal, you get used to it slowing down through regen really quickly. Then use foot brake to slow down which I believe will only use the friction pads rather than regen. Pull the right stick all the way down again (two detents) to reengage D.

How long did you spend coming up with this scenario? Just reading it is exciting enough. Who needs a theme park when you can have your own roller coaster for £50k.

You are right, it really should be a remote fix. If its showing in the software menu as I previously showed an image of, then something odd going on or user error so service visit may be needed.

Otherwise, apart from the unrelated FSD visualisation and computer references, and the reference in the software tab, there is no other reference to 'full self drive'. Its just the summon and navigate on autopilot settings, the navigate on autopilot button on the sat nav directions and prompted lane changes in certain scenarios, along with manual lane change, the latter need specifically enabling just like autosteer, although NoA is profile specific so, unlike autosteer, needs to be enabled in each profile.

If its not on the software screen, then its up to Tesla to enable it and push it to the car. Have you checked the app for upgrades to see if it is offering it to you? Presumably its listed on the final invoice?

If you have not done so already, take a screenshot of the software screen and add it to your service request. Hopefully Tesla will see it and sort things before you have to go out of your way to take the car in.
Too late sadly. Yes it's in the invoice and I asked them to check if it was a software issue as everything it should need seems to be working fine. I'm actually really annoyed they want me to bring it in tomorrow. I'm the same as you, I'm certain they can see it as a software issue. They didn't even try to check when I called them. In it goes tomorrow. I'll definitely be putting a complaint in if it is a software issue. Especially as I was fobbed off on delivery day with the issue as well.

It's well worth it - loses out slightly to the P off the line but once rolling above ~20 it feels fearsome!

(wife bought it on the app for my birthday a few weeks after delivery).
Yes that's one of the reasons why I want it. Mine was supposed to be a birthday treat in June, but after changing models and wait times that's now out the window - maybe i'll buy it for hers in Nov :D

Praying for a smooth delivery with no problems with the car.

I'm not sure how many drives I'm going to take to get this out of my system. Also have a road trip coming up in October so looking forward to that.

LOL @ Spa day. I'd be very impressed if that did it.

How long did you spend coming up with this scenario? Just reading it is exciting enough. Who needs a theme park when you can have your own roller coaster for £50k.
Yeah me too, i've already got a staycation booked in a few weeks which im looking forward to. I'll get them to throw in a few beauty treatments and then mention I brought it after haha.

Funny you mentioned rollercoaster, I took a few family members for a drive yesterday and this is what they referred it to. I did lose a lot of range though.

Reactions: ElRey
Collected mine today, had some stuff to fill out, but all went really smooth.

Had a quick look round, only slight issue I have is the frunk seems to be very closely aligned at the bottom corners to the respective panel, they tried a couple of things, but will need an appointment.

Hopefully take it to Edinburgh supercharger later, and go for a wee spin down the m8.

Attachments

• IMG_20200902_133025~2.jpg
    IMG_20200902_133025~2.jpg
    675.8 KB · Views: 54

Performance Boost is a bad idea !!!! I find myself sneaking out of the house more often to check some 'software related issue' nudge nudge wink wink (I don't know why I pretend as darling wife knows exactly what I am doing - think she enjoys the peace)

Reactions: s88ats
For anyone who collected from Birmingham (Small heath highway).

Can you talk through your experience? e.g.
- Is it all contact free or do you actually go and see a rep inside the building?
- Do you get any refreshments and get to see a presentation like how it was pre-covid (that you may have saw on collection vids online)?
- Any tips