Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"70" reg crew

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I thought i'd keep on with the 70 Reg club, went to Leeds SC to collect my Tesla, M3 LR in blue, black interior with standard config.

I've got to admit following the recent posts of total failures along side the usual complaints (totally valid!) I was nervous at collection, had to wait 10 minutes to collect the car, was called though and told the usual info about door locks, starting etc. Given the keys and left to go check out the car, it is raining so I cannot 100% speak about the paintwork but so far from what i've seen it's a VERY good one, VIN 772xxx which has the new frunk, so far i've driven it back to work, it had 58% on collection, plugged into the V3 to 'topup' but the V3 I was on was only getting to 45KW, most of the V3's were busy with new owners charging (2 mins after the pics were taken they all filled up!) I only hung around to 63%. I may try the V2 at the Leeds Village south hotel tonight or leave it a few days and see what's what. I'm loving it, so far and I just have to remember to be light with my right foot when maneuvering! lol! The app worked almost instantly after signing too!

Spoke to another guy collecting his M3 also and he was the same as me anxious initially but happy he got a good one, so they are out there, if you are waiting, just be pragmatic, yes you may have issues, but there is a good chance you'll be happy with the car you get!

Here's a couple of pics!View attachment 591249 View attachment 591250

Congrats... Can't imagine you were able to get much work done once you got back.

As others have said. Pull yourself away from the joy and look through it properly.
Mine looked almost perfect at pick up but gave it a good look over when I was close to 100 miles and while there were still no serious issues there were a few things here and there I've logged and glad I did.

And if you're interested in the data get your teslafi or teslamate up and running asap. I was over 100 miles before I did and wish I'd had done it sooner.

as it was across the car park from where I collected it, no, but I will next time!
I 'filled up' at the V3 in Leeds this morning, I navigated from home in Sunny Donny to the supercharger and it did prep the battery whilst on the way, was the only one there at half 7 charging, at 20% SOC i got 158KW max speed, still not bad.
Two full loaders of Teslas were waiting to unload when I was there, a mix of mainly 3's but some S and X models too!

i'll take a pic of the new frunk tonight when I head home

Collected today from Birmingham. Excellent experience and fantastic car.

Nothing was noticeable at all at first, so that cemented that I'd be fine taking it home. After a thorough look around there are a number of minor trim blemishes/scuffs - some of which they took photos of at the time, and the rest I've taken photos of and just reported in the app (after a 70mile drive so below the supposed 100mi cutoff anyway)... Just through the "exterior/interior trim" sections, is that right?

Some I wouldn't bother reporting as they will probably come out when I attack them with a cloth. But I'll probably go past 100 miles before the weekend, so want some things logged in case they turn out to be 'real'.

Brilliant car. Took it for a very speedy supercharge, and then a drive home, now slow charging from the 3 pin plug before we go for another spin.

Just need to check underneath for anything major which I'll do in a sec.

Compared to the fiesta... This thing is mind blowing.

Biggest issue on collection was the lowish charge (26%) and the fact that noone told me there was anything left to sign after I had my keys and had signed physical paperwork. It was only when I asked how long before the app came live that they noticed I still needed to sign digitally!

Good experience!

Mud flaps!

As previously indicated the front mud flaps were fitted and the rears thrown in the boot. Are people booking up service visits to get them fitted?

b.
I think these are not the rear mud flaps. I think these two flat pieces of plastics are the mud/flash guards that can be put on top of the pre-installed front mud flaps. I came to this conclusion after seeing this video (
). I guess Tesla does not install them on Performance due to the low suspension. When I positioned them over the existing flaps the gap to the tarmac was around 1 cm. Too low for me to install them to the front and they do not fit to the rear.

Received delivery yesterday of my TM3 LR yesterday it didn’t arrive until 3.30pm and the driver literally threw the keys cards at me and got in her truck and drove off (social distancing to the extreme!). Took my time checking everything over few issues but no biggies :-

1) no type2 cable - not a show stopper as i intend to use the free Engie Rapid charger 5 mins down the road for the next year until they start charging for usage (oct 21) - Rang tesla and they will arrange one to be sent out via post

2) mudflaps - installed but no extension mud flap in the boot (i don’t intend to use them so no issue).

3) rear drivers side the trim around the little triangle window slightly sticking out - reported via the app when i finally had access to the app.

4) I assumed it would come with latest firmware but it still at 2020.28.6 changed the setting to advanced so hopefully get an update soon

Neighbours down the street who dont talk to anyone in the street in the 6 years i have lived here came running out wanting a nosy and chatting about the car... couldn’t get rid of them all I wanted to do was go for a drive!! I suppose i’ll have to get used to chatting to random people when getting in/out of the car :) Well impressed when I managed to shake them off and go for a drive.

4) I assumed it would come with latest firmware but it still at 2020.28.6 changed the setting to advanced so hopefully get an update soon

Don't be concerned if it takes several weeks. But hopefully you will get it much sooner. Its not like many software updates where everyone gets the update at the same time. Tesla push out in batches which may be further targeted by region, model and feature.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bantam
For everyone that’s had their new car a few weeks now, we’ve all had the benefit of some really nice stable weather (and some rainy stuff) but generally it has been warm-ish for September.

I checked tyre pressures tonight and a stable 41 PSI from collection day through the last few weeks has turned into 38.5 when cold tonight.

Air temperature where we live was around 20-23 during the day recently. In the last week it’s been 12-17.

Same with any car - tyres follow ambient conditions so stay on top of those tyre pressures.....

I could really feel the difference in the drive today, no real impact on consumption but it all felt a bit “dulled” when I drove out this afternoon, even middle of the day when it was 17 degrees.

This little fella is proving to be a really nice piece of kit, good price and seems really reliable / gets a lovely clean reading every time

For everyone that’s had their new car a few weeks now, we’ve all had the benefit of some really nice stable weather (and some rainy stuff) but generally it has been warm-ish for September.

I checked tyre pressures tonight and a stable 41 PSI from collection day through the last few weeks has turned into 38.5 when cold tonight.

Air temperature where we live was around 20-23 during the day recently. In the last week it’s been 12-17.

Same with any car - tyres follow ambient conditions so stay on top of those tyre pressures.....

I could really feel the difference in the drive today, no real impact on consumption but it all felt a bit “dulled” when I drove out this afternoon, even middle of the day when it was 17 degrees.

This little fella is proving to be a really nice piece of kit, good price and seems really reliable / gets a lovely clean reading every time

Yep. Very impressed with the car. A little frustrated at incomplete data with Teslamate due to my connectivity not working but otherwise pleased.

I too did notice the change is tyre pressure and planning to invest in a pump.

Well, 4 weeks in and have covered 1711 miles - 520 of those in the last 32 hours. Managed to tie a Tesla Service Centre appointment into a family visit trip. So went to Bristol SC today.

List of things to resolve -

Steering wheel alignment - they didn’t want to adjust it, swore blind it is straight (it isn’t), after 2 techs said the same thing I decided asking them to adjust anyway would have made the car drive worse if they don/t know what straight is. Fail.

Glue on dashboard - they couldn’t remove it. Fail.

Glue on steering wheel airbag cover - they couldn’t remove it. Fail.

Number plate rattling on rear paintwork. They managed to successfully achieve implementation of a piece of double-sided tape. Hooray.

Selling me a spare wheel and TPMS sensor. They did successfully achieve this. Hooray.

Overall feeling includes the words chocolate and teapot. Pretty naff experience and very low confidence levels in them knowing what they are doing. I won’t bother going back unless it’s something really significant, I guess this is their preferred model working perfectly for them ....

Delighted to have waited 3 weeks for all that !

Well, 4 weeks in and have covered 1711 miles - 520 of those in the last 32 hours. Managed to tie a Tesla Service Centre appointment into a family visit trip. So went to Bristol SC today.

Steering wheel alignment - they didn’t want to adjust it, swore blind it is straight (it isn’t), after 2 techs said the same thing I decided asking them to adjust anyway would have made the car drive worse if they don/t know what straight is. Fail.

Number plate rattling on rear paintwork. They managed to successfully achieve implementation of a piece of double-sided tape. Hooray.

Selling me a spare wheel and TPMS sensor. They did successfully achieve this. Hooray.

Overall feeling includes the words chocolate and teapot. Pretty naff experience and very low confidence levels in them knowing what they are doing. I won’t bother going back unless it’s something really significant, I guess this is their preferred model working perfectly for them ....

That's disappointing.
Wait for Cardiff to open and book it in there.

Reactions: markrally

Had a pretty similar experience at Bristol SC - steering wheel out of alignment on delivery and clearly tracking too as wondered all over the place - they adjusted and improved the wandering (admitted the tracking was way out) but now the steering wheel is even further out of alignment - I'll get the alignment done locally at my own expense as have no faith in them.

Also went in for a fix for rattling rear pax door trim - said they couldn't find it - I asked on what roads they had driven as is fine on smooth roads - was told they didn't have time to test drive it!

It's now booked in again in November for the rear tailgate filling with water every time we have hard rain - can hear it sloshing about in there when opening and it drains out of a hole in a seam when open. I suspect their fix will be to drill a hole in the bottom to let the water out!

I'm on 3 weeks and about 900 miles now. Really pleased with the car. Doing plenty of mileage with the SR+.

Free charging at work was a bonus I discovered - quickly taken away by an awful attempt at a charging point - a single plinth with two 7kw sockets - both of which fail the second two cars are plugged in, and only one might turn back on.

Have sentry mode footage of another tesla driver at work tinkering with a breaker trying to get his car to charge instead of mine - I think he's getting fed up of the increased competition for the free electricity!

The service appointment I booked was a mess, had to book twice (the first being marked as complete and then moved to history). Eventually managed to get in touch with them and agreed to postpone until a nearby service centre opens up (probably in december).

Nothing major with the car, and I'd say most of them I wouldn't have noticed if it weren't for the posts here. :D

Seals x2 not quite right (cosmetically, seal is fine).
Faint scuff on the front bumper
A couple of golfball sized clearcoat defects

I'll probably also mention light leaking into the cabin from the centre brake light, and some condensation in the drivers side pillar camera.

Honestly, if i'd bought this a year old or something I'd consider it a perfect car, but I bought new, so I'll nag once my local is online!

The 900 miles driven so far have cost me £2 in "fuel". :p

I love it, I can use 2% or 10% of the battery depending on how heavy my foot is on the way to work.

I came from a fiesta, so all the extras (preheat, heated seats etc.) are awesome.