Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

70D deliveries starting H2/16

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow! SBkirkland has a right to her opinion and to voice it just as you do. Too many people on this board take Tesla a little to personally and act like Elon Musk signs their paychecks and anything critical about the product or process MUST be debunked and destroyed. Feel better?
You are wrong, this is now about proper behavior. Weather this is about Tesla or something else it is not the way to get your point across. Act civil and be a good human being, I agree with her complaints but I would never go over the line with this kind of behavior.

Wow, now random members of TMC get to judge which public behavior by other members is "acceptable" and which is "over the line" - and then they state "you are a horrible person" because someone doesn't comply with their personal definition for what's acceptable and what isn't?

Wow. Just wow.

More power to you, Sbkirkland

It goes both ways...people are happy with the product and purchase, they are the best marketing that money didn't have to buy....
Someone feels slighted or maligned by a big $30 billion dollar company, they are going to speak out..... Can't have it both ways.

But as many people have arrogantly said on these boards....Tesla really won't miss a lost order because there are thousands waiting to buy...

A lot of people who are criticizing the OP are in a sense doing the same thing. They disagree so they are going OUT OF THEIR WAY to be critical of her.

Wow! SBkirkland has a right to her opinion and to voice it just as you do. Too many people on this board take Tesla a little to personally and act like Elon Musk signs their paychecks and anything critical about the product or process MUST be debunked and destroyed. Feel better?

You're right. I was out of line.

I was just shocked to hear her spread her discontent to anyone and everyone who don't really have any skin in the game (the chipotle manager), but are now party to spreading the negative message. Do they know what was involved in all this, most likely NOT. Will that $1 off a chipotle order for being miffed by Tesla spread? You better believe it, and the media will pounce. As for the paycheck, not an employee, but am a shareholder, so yes this does cost me. Penny-wise and pound-foolish.

Superloud, yes I am still buying the Model X, in fact my reservation becomes confirmed tomorrow. I bought the Porche and my husband is going to wait for the Model X because that works for him. He is not going to hang the sign that I was treated unfairly, that bothers me a little bit, it was a 2 day battle.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ok, if you were willing to drop ~100k out of some sort of spite then I would probably think you were crazy. Lol. I was gonna say, hey, that's a super idea! Why stop at 1 tesla!? You should buy 10...or...better yet 100 and park them all over town with signs on them! The more you buy, the more tesla will crumble!!

It wasn't obvious that it's your husband who is essentially taking over your reservation spot. Now I need to decide if I think you're really never going to take any enjoyment out of having a model X in the house.

Listen, as a 70D person, I'm on your side that if tesla is making us wait an extra 10 months then that is a bad call on their part in terms of goodwill.

It's just you seem to have turned it up to 11 so to speak. You seem to be on a mission against tesla now. So it seems like rather than convince the guy at chipotle and everyone else on the street, why weren't you able to keep a model X out of your own garage?

Anyway, I say more power to you. You're the one who decides if this is a mission worth fighting, not the folks on this forum. Just don't secretly borrow your husbands keys for joyrides around town ;-)

No it is really Telsa and Wallstreet that are being penny wise and pound foolish and short sighted. Again as I state above they are only looking at the short term stock price by letting people jump in line to buy the more expensive model. In the long run Tesla is going to succeed as a company whether they role out the more expensive ones first or stick to rolling them out by reservation number. You are never in the stock market for the short term, you are in for the long term. Just ask a guy named Warren that lives in Nebraska.

Don't worry Oil4AshpaultOnly, it may dip a little but it is sure to be a winner in the long term. If you are worried about a short term dip, then the stock market isn't the place for you.

I was just shocked to hear her spread her discontent to anyone and everyone who don't really have any skin in the game (the chipotle manager), but are now party to spreading the negative message. Do they know what was involved in all this, most likely NOT. Will that $1 off a chipotle order for being miffed by Tesla spread? You better believe it, and the media will pounce. As for the paycheck, not an employee, but am a shareholder, so yes this does cost me. Penny-wise and pound-foolish.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry Oil4AshpaultOnly, it may dip a little but it is sure to be a winner in the long term. If you are worried about a short term dip, then the stock market isn't the place for you.

Do you realize that you're doing essentially the same thing as that Tesla sales guy 2.5 years ago? You're being positive about something that you have no visibility over. But unlike the sales guy, you're applying action to ensure the reverse. That chipotle manager is now a negative messenger.

Will Tesla's sales suffer from that $1 deal, probably not, but I've spent enough time debunking FUD against EV's to know that fighting misinformation takes an inordinate amount of time and energy.

And frankly, no one is really jumping in line in front of you, because you're still near the head of the 70D line. You still have the option (even if not the means) of getting in the "express" lane.

yes I am still buying the Model X, in fact my reservation becomes confirmed tomorrow. I bought the Porche and my husband is going to wait for the Model X because that works for him. He is not going to hang the sign that I was treated unfairly, that bothers me a little bit, it was a 2 day battle.

You had a two day battle with your husband because he didn't want to hang a sign on the vehicle that said “Tesla treated me unfairly and I bought the car just to hang the sign”?!

Is is really worth a two day battle over that? Can you perhaps see this from his perspective, just a little? Even if you can't, you do realize we are all mortal right? Is it worth a two day battle with someone you supposedly love (or at least did at one point) over this?

Poor guy.

Vandacca No it is very clear what they are doing. They are responding to Wallstreet, Wallstreet wants them to make a few more dollars in the short term by catering to their most profitable customers at the expense of their most loyal ones. The next financial quarter that may of benefit, but the next 100 quarters if they keep that attitude will be the death of Tesla. As the guy in Nebraska about that.

Responding to WallStreet is not being "intentionally misleading". Building higher margin vehicles first is not being "intentionally misleading". You wrote "intentionally misleading" and if that were the case, then I would agree that's serious. Further delays in receiving the vehicle of your dreams is frustrating and not necessarily fair, but that's very different from allegations of being "intentionally misleading".

Do you still believe Tesla is being "intentionally misleading"?

Also, in response to another argument you made about build order not making a difference, I totally disagree. I don't believe Tesla is in the strong state you think they are. I believe that they are still very vulnerable and need to be careful. They wouldn't have recently had another round of funding to raise further money if they were in a good economic position. They wouldn't have delayed the Model-X for over 2 years if they were in a strong economic position (they could have simply hired more engineers and threw more money at the X to get it out the door quicker).

Besides, the biggest reason why the 70D is delayed for another 6 months is that they likely still haven't finished the design for that configuration. Same thing goes with the 5-seat option. They are still tweaking the design/options for the P90D and 90D, so this little car company is working as fast as they can with the resources they currently have. To date, they have only built about ~20 Model-X. They're not that far into the ramp up yet.

I understand your frustrations, because I have them as well. The only difference is that I have followed the company for the past 6 years and analyzed every single piece of information I can to understand their position and products.

Why not spend the next week reading through Tesla's financials and forums before continuing your quest? If you still feel that emotional about it in a week, you still have another 6 months to get the word out before the 70D arrives.

And if you still want to discuss fair, I put a deposit down in February 2012, (long before you did) and I haven't even gotten access to design studio yet. I don't expect to get access to it until sometime next year.

Last edited:
You had a two day battle with your husband because he didn't want to hang a sign on the vehicle that said “Tesla treated me unfairly and I bought the car just to hang the sign”?!

Is is really worth a two day battle over that? Can you perhaps see this from his perspective, just a little? Even if you can't, you do realize we are all mortal right? Is it worth a two day battle with someone you supposedly love (or at least did at one point) over this?

Poor guy.

That part was a joke. I figured most people would get the sarcasm.

Actually I am being civil, a civil disobedient. I thought I lived in the United States of American where I have the right of Free Speech. How is merely telling people the truth about what happened not being civil or a good human being. I didn't tell anyone anything that wasn't true. As I have said time and time again, I am not upset with the delays caused by production problems, I get that, I am upset because people who have not had a deposit down as long as I have are able to jump in line and I was told time and time again when I would call into to the Palo Alto office that it was by order of reservation number.

If people don't speak up for what is wrong, things never change. That is the point, I want Telsa to know that they have turned a loyal customer from a promoter to a distractor over their shortsightedness to please wall street instead of taking care of their customers. Remember they are supposed to be a different kind of car company, a different kind of company period.

You are wrong, this is now about proper behavior. Weather this is about Tesla or something else it is not the way to get your point across. Act civil and be a good human being, I agree with her complaints but I would never go over the line with this kind of behavior.
l

- - - Updated - - -

You just gave me a great example of how they are being intentionally misleading, here is what you say: Besides, the biggest reason why the 70D is delayed for another 6 months is that they likely still haven't finished the design for that configuration. Same thing goes with the 5-seat option. They are still tweaking the design/options for the P90D and 90D, so this little car company is working as fast as they can with the resources they currently have. To date, they have only built about ~20 Model-X. They're not that far into the ramp up yet

When I called into the Palo Alto customer service and asked why they were letting people jump ahead of me in line if they ordered the two bigger battery options, the pleasant man, I think his name was Andrew, told me straight out it was to streamline production. He didn't mention anything about the configuration for the 70D or 5 seater model not being ready yet. So if that is truly the reason then why didn't he tell me that. So either you are wrong or he is being intentionally misleading.

In this scenario, I actually think you are wrong and Andrew was telling me the truth. The one thing about the chassis of the Tesla that Elon Musk has raved about is the fact that any battery pack and any model car can fit on it. It is the same for every car and every battery. So there is nothing to configure. They also already have factories that are building the Model S with various battery sizes, so clearly they know how to change the battery size in their production line.

Also how can you say when I called into the Palo Alto customer service office and asked how long it would be from configuration to delivery and their response was "we haven't made the public yet" is not misleading. If they didn't know just tell me we don't know, but they did know and they knew it would upset people. They knew that they were going do roll out by battery model. Andrew might not have known, but the executives did and they made the decision to tell their customer service people to tell us they haven't made it public yet. That is intentionally misleading.

I get that Tesla is working as hard as it can to get these products to market, I get that it is normal to have problems when you release a new car and I support them through all of that. I don't support their terrible customer service. To make it long term, it is about the customers!

Responding to WallStreet is not being "intentionally misleading". Building higher margin vehicles first is not being "intentionally misleading". You wrote "intentionally misleading" and if that were the case, then I would agree that's serious. Further delays in receiving the vehicle of your dreams is frustrating and not necessarily fair, but that's very different from allegations of being "intentionally misleading".

Do you still believe Tesla is being "intentionally misleading"?

Also, in response to another argument you made about build order not making a difference, I totally disagree. I don't believe Tesla is in the strong state you think they are. I believe that they are still very vulnerable and need to be careful. They wouldn't have recently had another round of funding to raise further money if they were in a good economic position. They wouldn't have delayed the Model-X for over 2 years if they were in a strong economic position (they could have simply hired more engineers and threw more money at the X to get it out the door quicker).

Besides, the biggest reason why the 70D is delayed for another 6 months is that they likely still haven't finished the design for that configuration. Same thing goes with the 5-seat option. They are still tweaking the design/options for the P90D and 90D, so this little car company is working as fast as they can with the resources they currently have. To date, they have only built about ~20 Model-X. They're not that far into the ramp up yet.

I understand your frustrations, because I have them as well. The only difference is that I have followed the company for the past 6 years and analyzed every single piece of information I can to understand their position and products.

Why not spend the next week reading through Tesla's financials and forums before continuing your quest? If you still feel that emotional about it in a week, you still have another 6 months to get the word out before the 70D arrives.

And if you still want to discuss fair, I put a deposit down in February 2012, (long before you did) and I haven't even gotten access to design studio yet. I don't expect to get access to it until sometime next year.

Last edited:
You just gave me a great example of how they are being intentionally misleading, here is what you say: Besides, the biggest reason why the 70D is delayed for another 6 months is that they likely still haven't finished the design for that configuration. Same thing goes with the 5-seat option. They are still tweaking the design/options for the P90D and 90D, so this little car company is working as fast as they can with the resources they currently have. To date, they have only built about ~20 Model-X. They're not that far into the ramp up yet

When I called into the Palo Alto customer service and asked why they were letting people jump ahead of me in line if they ordered the two bigger battery options, the pleasant man, I think his name was Andrew, told me straight out it was to streamline production. He didn't mention anything about the configuration for the 70D or 5 seater model not being ready yet. So if that is truly the reason then why didn't he tell me that. So either you are wrong or he is being intentionally misleading.

In this scenario, I actually think you are wrong and Andrew was telling me the truth. The one thing about the chassis of the Tesla that Elon Musk has raved about is the fact that any battery pack and any model car can fit on it. It is the same for every car and every battery. So there is nothing to configure. They also already have factories that are building the Model S with various battery sizes, so clearly they know how to change the battery size in their production line.

Also how can you say when I called into the Palo Alto customer service office and asked how long it would be from configuration to delivery and their response was "we haven't made the public yet" is not misleading. If they didn't know just tell me we don't know, but they did know and they knew it would upset people. They knew that they were going do roll out by battery model. Andrew might not have known, but the executives did and they made the decision to tell their customer service people to tell us they haven't made it public yet. That is intentionally misleading.

I get that Tesla is working as hard as it can to get these products to market, I get that it is normal to have problems when you release a new car and I support them through all of that. I don't support their terrible customer service. To make it long term, it is about the customers!

Streamlining is just another way of saying what I wrote earlier. You could say they are simplifying the lines to only build one configuration type so that they can get through them quicker. Anyway, I think I'll drop off of this discussion and agree to disagree with you. The only thing I agree with you is that Tesla is horrible when it comes to communications.

Actually I am being civil, a civil disobedient. I thought I lived in the United States of American where I have the right of Free Speech. How is merely telling people the truth about what happened not being civil or a good human being. I didn't tell anyone anything that wasn't true. As I have said time and time again, I am not upset with the delays caused by production problems, I get that, I am upset because people who have not had a deposit down as long as I have are able to jump in line and I was told time and time again when I would call into to the Palo Alto office that it was by order of reservation number.

If people don't speak up for what is wrong, things never change. That is the point, I want Telsa to know that they have turned a loyal customer from a promoter to a distractor over their shortsightedness to please wall street instead of taking care of their customers. Remember they are supposed to be a different kind of car company, a different kind of company period.
Are you also disclosing that you failed to read the Reservation Agreement that you agreed to when you placed a reservation for the X?

You know, in the spirit of telling people the truth and all?

I agree that Tesla should own up to their misinformed sales folks both in stores and at corporate headquarters telling you things that were untrue. Maybe having them actually read the agreements they are speaking to customers about would be a good start.

I can't read an agreement I never received. I looked for this agreement that everyone is talking about. I was given a grey envelope that had a copy of the printout of the website page confirming my reservation and a card board reservation certificate and that is it. That grey envelope has been filed away since I got it and I just opened it up and there was no agreement in it. Maybe I signed up so early they weren't printing out the agreements. Nor is there one attached to my online account.

I was told time and again by corporate and sales that as soon as they finished delivering the signature series they would begin delivering the regular reservations. Even delivering the signature series first is still in reservation order because there were only a limited number of them available. They weren't available when I reserved

Are you also disclosing that you failed to read the Reservation Agreement that you agreed to when you placed a reservation for the X?

You know, in the spirit of telling people the truth and all?

I agree that Tesla should own up to their misinformed sales folks both in stores and at corporate headquarters telling you things that were untrue. Maybe having them actually read the agreements they are speaking to customers about would be a good start.

I can't read an agreement I never received. I looked for this agreement that everyone is talking about. I was given a grey envelope that had a copy of the printout of the website page confirming my reservation and a card board reservation certificate and that is it. That grey envelope has been filed away since I got it and I just opened it up and there was no agreement in it. Maybe I signed up so early they weren't printing out the agreements. Nor is there one attached to my online account.

I was told time and again by corporate and sales that as soon as they finished delivering the signature series they would begin delivering the regular reservations. Even delivering the signature series first is still in reservation order because there were only a limited number of them available. They weren't available when I reserved

The agreement would have been emailed to you. The subject on mine is "Your Model X reservation is complete". The agreement was also linked on the reservation page. Here's a screenshot of the current page, and the link: https://my.teslamotors.com/sites/de...ments/20120803-model_x_agreement-us-pdf_0.pdf

Screen Shot 2015-12-08 at 10.49.00 PM.png

Also signatures were absolutely available when you reserved in May 2013. It was an option long after I reserved in October 2013. And signatures aren't necessarily being delivered in reservation order either. Order date, location, and potentially colors and other options can affect delivery date.

From the agreement: the big #7 comes into play here. (I bolded line allowing 70 to go later)

7. PriorityWe will establish your reservation sequence position in our sole discretion. We may decline reservations to avoid over-subscription or aswe deem appropriate in our sole discretion. If your reservation isdeclined, you will be notified and your Reservation Payment will berefunded.

To bad mouth Tesla to everyone you see, and to talk everyone out of buying a Tesla, while your family still plans on buying one..., is interesting. I thought I remembered someone on this forum a year or two ago who was being an ass that had their order cancelled by Tesla as punishment. It is one thing to voice your displeasure a little here, it is another to talk everyone you know out of buying a Tesla. I hope Tesla takes notice.... ;)

To bad mouth Tesla to everyone you see, and to talk everyone out of buying a Tesla, while your family still plans on buying one..., is interesting. I thought I remembered someone on this forum a year or two ago who was being an ass that had their order cancelled by Tesla as punishment. It is one thing to voice your displeasure a little here, it is another to talk everyone you know out of buying a Tesla. I hope Tesla takes notice.... ;)

Good point. @Sbkirkland, if you feel that you have been treated unfairly, you should bring your grievances to a court of law. They can and will judge who is right in an unbiased fashion.