Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just received my X75D yesterday. The performance upgrade is there and the battery shows 75kwh and 350V on the battery sticker. It's nice to receive the SUV that's faster than my S75D, which was 5.2s. :) The speed difference would have been my reasoning to get the 90D or 100D.

Just received my X75D yesterday. The performance upgrade is there and the battery shows 75kwh and 350V on the battery sticker. It's nice to receive the SUV that's faster than my S75D, which was 5.2s. :) The speed difference would have been my reasoning to get the 90D or 100D.

When you say the performance upgrade is there, do you mean you've timed it to 60? Or do you know from some other source?

Has anyone else been able to successfully be "uncorked"?
My car had the performance uncorking today. I don't have any tools to monitor it, but it's much faster. I had a 90d loaner from June 30th until I took delivery on July 21st. Feels just like the 90d felt from 0-60. I took the car in for my free detailing that they owed me and just asked if my car was flagged for uncorking and he said yes. My car went into production on 6/21.

My car had the performance uncorking today. I don't have any tools to monitor it, but it's much faster. I had a 90d loaner from June 30th until I took delivery on July 21st. Feels just like the 90d felt from 0-60. I took the car in for my free detailing that they owed me and just asked if my car was flagged for uncorking and he said yes. My car went into production on 6/21.
Do you know what was actually performed? Was it a firmware update?

Reactions: Bebop
Do you know what was actually performed? Was it a firmware update?
I believe so. Whatever it was they had to do it in the shop and not over the air. I didn't get a printout or email of the service receipt yet. They said they were going to email it to me. I did take a copy of Turbosimon's service from earlier in this thread with me when I dropped the car off, but didn't need to use it.

No, the BT codes are kind of all over the map. The original 85 KWH battery was BT85, there was also a BT70, PBT85 was the original performance car battery. My car had the code BTX4 and the description says it was an 85 KWh battery up-gradable to 90, though the upgrade option had been dropped by the time I bought my car and it only came as a 90. I think the original 75 KWH battery was BTX5, though I don't have that in my list of codes.

I would assume there has been a BTX6 and BTX7. One is probably the P100D battery with the fancy fuse and the other is the standard 100D battery with the normal fuse. BTX8 could very well be the new battery with the 100 KWH module. It's a good data point, though not conclusive. When you get your car, please take a picture of the label inside the right front wheel well and post it here. I'm sure a lot of us would like to see any differences from the old 75 battery label.

@wdolson Just delivered my 75D. Attached you'll find de BTX8 battery label, it's a 85kWh, 400VDC. My 75D has de new drive unit (DU00), and with firmware 2017.28.c528869 makes the 0-60 in more than 5 seconds.

Having a battery limited by software means that I can charge always at 100% without problems?

Attachments

• IMG_9260.JPG
    IMG_9260.JPG
    372.8 KB · Views: 141