Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

75 and 75D variants increased performance from July 1st - software and hardware improvements?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. It sounds like I am eligible! I called the service center everyone recommended and they told me my VIN is eligible . My service center just needs updated information!

Called my service center. She was very helpful.. I explained I have a 198xxx VIN.. and she said I do NOT qualify. She said in the entire state of California only 4 cars are currently flagged for the update.

She said there's even SIGNATURE models that are even eligible which blew me away.

Anyway I can only assume the list she had is old, as she knew exactly what I was talking about and pulled up a list. I mentioned the email posted a few days ago on here, the article by Electrik and this thread saying is very recent as of the last few days. She hasn't had any updates recently.. so maybe it's being rolled out slowly to different service centers.

I want it so baaddd

I have an annual appointment scheduled for Tuesday, so I'll definitely be asking then, although I am trying not to get my hopes since there hasn't been a single report of a RWD getting the performance upgrade.

Ask as many questions as you can if they deny you the upgrade, such as what hardware may be required and if we can purchase it as a retrofit.

Thx

Reactions: MIT_S60
I've been following this thread since the very beginning, read every single post... called my local SC twice over the past few months, and asked again when I took an S in for service just a little over a week ago. Was told the same, couldn't do it. In fact, one of my SC managers said that if I had traded the car in and bought it again, it would be uncorked.
So I'll be stopping by first thing Monday morning! Thank you all, especially Krash for all the detailed analysis.

The Tysons SC closes at 4PM and the guys have left now. They are also closed on Sunday so if we do this it'd have to be on Monday. I'm in the area and can help coordinate.
Jeez... the poor guys have enough work to do without people from out of state gumming up the works.

Your local SC needs to handle this. The info just came out the other day so it might take a few days to get sorted out.

Can't believe people are doing this.

Reactions: MIT_S60
Jeez... the poor guys have enough work to do without people from out of state gumming up the works.

Your local SC needs to handle this. The info just came out the other day so it might take a few days to get sorted out.

The guy seemed super happy to be spreading the good news when I started with an apology for the call. When the local service center doesn't know what uncorking is and multiple departments of the company give conflicting information, this is what happens.

I was very salty at Tesla, but am pretty stoked right now.

Reactions: Brandon332

Can't believe we are buying food for the folks there to treat them to something nice?

Reactions: Tazman