Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 (2.50.185) caution using TACC/Autosteer features

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a thread and pictures here:

Full XPEL wrap and Spectra Photosync Tint on Model X from Adonis Detail.

I am now on 8.0 (17.3.2). Need to test what happens when I have TACC engaged at 75 but manually go yo 76 or so to see if it turns off.

Nice. I see you have some minor chrome trim alignment problems. Just like the rest of us. :)

If AP2 works like AP1 then if you press the pedal beyond the set TACC speed the car will still accelerate above as long as you keep your foot down, and if you lift it will drop back down to the TACC speed.

We have had major rain in Socal today which I thought would be a good test for front cameras.

Sure enough, I pulled behind a stopped car without TACC and no vehicle was rendered in the instrument cluster.

When the light turned green and the car in front started moving, the vehicle magically appeared.

The object detection is definently hampered by low light and weather conditions.

Exercise caution under adverse conditions.

Sure enough, I pulled behind a stopped car without TACC and no vehicle was rendered in the instrument cluster.

When the light turned green and the car in front started moving, the vehicle magically appeared.

I get the impression when TACC is not turned, it does not show other vehicles in front of you when you are under 5MPH by design. Not sure if this is always the case, but it seems to stop showing vehicles when I drop under 5MPH most of the time.

Are people having lane detection problems with AP2.0 and autosteer? Do the blue lane markers show up ever? My car is having issues seeing the lane markings - they're gray and bouncing around all over the place. If I turn on autosteer (which is quite dicey), the car is shimmying around trying to track the phantom lanes.

Are people having lane detection problems with AP2.0 and autosteer? Do the blue lane markers show up ever? My car is having issues seeing the lane markings - they're gray and bouncing around all over the place. If I turn on autosteer (which is quite dicey), the car is shimmying around trying to track the phantom lanes.

Did you write [email protected] and [email protected] ?

Some info on the location might be helpful.

Where I have been able to stay under the limit, autosteer has been good with the lines.

I do see the dancing lane lines, as others. but once locked in, fairly stable. I found AP1 lane lines really stable. Here's my sequence, so if your camera calibrated and you have TACC, you could be on a similar path.

Auto-steering enabled itself yesterday, after 4 days since v8.0(17.3.2) install.

Day 1: Camera calibrating note in cluster screen. Drove about 40 miles.
Day 2: TACC feature working
Day 2 - 3 " Driving Assist Features Unavailable" and "Autosteer is Disabled on this Road"

Lots of testing on crowded roads for the team, no luck to engage.........using TACC as often as possible.

Day 4 Both TACC & Autosteer working on HWY 680 near Pleasanton, slow traffic <45mph
Day 5 Tried Autoparking, but no luck so far, not getting the "P" offer

I do see the dancing lane lines, as others. but once locked in, fairly stable. I found AP1 lane lines really stable. Here's my sequence, so if your camera calibrated and you have TACC, you could be on a similar path.

Auto-steering enabled itself yesterday, after 4 days since v8.0(17.3.2) install.

Day 1: Camera calibrating note in cluster screen. Drove about 40 miles.
Day 2: TACC feature working
Day 2 - 3 " Driving Assist Features Unavailable" and "Autosteer is Disabled on this Road"

Lots of testing on crowded roads for the team, no luck to engage.........using TACC as often as possible.

Day 4 Both TACC & Autosteer working on HWY 680 near Pleasanton, slow traffic <45mph
Day 5 Tried Autoparking, but no luck so far, not getting the "P" offer

My timeline is very similar. But right now TACC seems fine, autosteer not so much and the SC is looking into it. This is on 101 on the peninsula.

Do folks gets the blue lane indicators when locked?

My timeline is very similar. But right now TACC seems fine, autosteer not so much and the SC is looking into it. This is on 101 on the peninsula.

Do folks gets the blue lane indicators when locked?
If Autosteer is offered, you'll only then see a grey icon to the right of speed (see manual). Lane lines are grey.
If you lock at <45mph, TACC and Autostreer and lines are blue.

Right. So I get TACC + autosteer offered and turned on (<45 MPH, blue icons) but the lane indicator lines never turn blue and are bouncing around.
So you're locked, steering assist is happening, but no blue lane lines? Not right, unless there is a target car right in front of you. Attached is a page of release notes posted in another thread.

Attachments

• IMG_6.jpg
    IMG_6.jpg
    587 KB · Views: 54
My turn signal today suddenly lost sound. It did blink but you can't hear the click sound in cabin. The new firmware looks like need more validation. I've tried soft reboot the touch screen and center cluster. Still not working. Reported to tesla.
Oh, how can I get that improvement? Tesla's turn signal is the loudest, most annoying one I have ever had in 50 years of driving.

Oh, how can I get that improvement? Tesla's turn signal is the loudest, most annoying one I have ever had in 50 years of driving.
It's loud probably because you don't have an ICE drowning out the sound (at least that's what the SC will say). At higher speeds, it's probably not an issue. It would be cool if Tesla also implemented speed-related volume control on the signals (as well as on the entertainment system).

It's loud probably because you don't have an ICE drowning out the sound (at least that's what the SC will say). At higher speeds, it's probably not an issue. It would be cool if Tesla also implemented speed-related volume control on the signals (as well as on the entertainment system).
My music drowns it, and then I forget it's stuck ON sometimes after a lane change. Maybe a new "whole screen" regarding behavior of turn signal is what we need ;-)

Nice try. My old Lexus was quieter inside than the MS above 20 mph, but also had very quiet turn indicator.