TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

8.0 XM Channel List - Where Did it Go?

Discussion in 'Model X: User Interface' started by dschamis, Oct 10, 2016.

1. dschamis

dschamis Member

I got 8.0 - now when I go to XM I see my favorites but I don't immediately see the categories for a while. Generally I need to flip around and randomly swipe, and then eventually the categories show up.

Needless to say this is a big problem. If a channel is not already saved as a favorite you can't get to it.

Does anyone else have this problem???

2. KBurbridge14

KBurbridge14 Member

Yes...and I'm waiting for someone smarter than me to post a reply.

3. ksquared

ksquared Member

Haven't figured this out either. It also appears that XM station names show up on some views and in others, only as a channel number (which is next to useless, for those of us who haven't memorized them).

4. ethank

ethank Member

Scroll down on the XM radio screen, they are now organized in folders.

5. ethank

ethank Member

Actually tap on Radio then tap again, then scroll down.

6. sperrysburg

sperrysburg Member

#6 sperrysburg, Oct 10, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
    This temporary loss of folders has also happened to me. I felt like a moron trying to show off the car's media player. I click on radio, xm, and can see the favorites folders but can't scroll down to the xm folders. It just stops at favorites. Sometime later I can go back and do the same thing and now they show up. Is it still buffering?

Also, is there a way to directly go to a station number? This seems like such a basic feature that I'm sure I'm missing something. In previous version, I think we could at least scroll through all channels.

7. kennybroh

kennybroh Member

I'm a pretty tech-savvy person and I simply cannot get the categories to appear anymore no matter what I do. After 8.0 I could get them at first randomly but now nothing works.

Any ideas?

8. dprisoner

dprisoner Member

First, you need to go to channel 1 (maybe channel 0) and let the station list propagate again - I'm guessing the 8.0 update wiped the channel list out. After that, the channel list should be accessible again by scrolling the Radio screen.

9. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Thanks for advice and tried but still only favorites + single up/down scrolling for me...on 2.46.16....

10. Fxnbonz

Fxnbonz Member

I also am not very happy with the XM interface. You would think that the favorites could drag edited. Not being able to scroll or directly input a number is incomprehensible. It would be better if they just had the sirius app on the screen. Hopefully, this will be rectified. This is the only significant blemish in an otherwise pleasurable experience.

11. Az_Rael

Az_Rael Supporting Member

I need help with this too. I don't have any XM channel lists. I activated my radio on saturday, and I can scroll one by one, but can't see any categories other then "Entertainment" which only contains XM 1

Any suggestions?

12. dprisoner

dprisoner Member

You may also need to push the update from the XM website. I haven't had to do this since V8 first came out, so it's a little fuzzy...

13. mjcostajr

mjcostajr Member

What does that mean "push the update"? I have the same problem where I just see the "Entertainment" folder with Channel 1 in it. I can click and scroll horizontally through each channel, but it's a terrible experience. I can't seem to find a way to swipe through a list like I can in my F150. What the heck? Also, zero album art or channel art. C'mon Tesla. Why is my XM experience in my truck which is 1/4 the price better?

14. Az_Rael

Push from xm means to send a reactivation signal for your radio using their website. Although that didn't help mine. I did get a few more categories after the latest software update, but only music stations. No listings for talk/news/sports.

15. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

Reactivation signal/refresh did not work for me and per BertL recommendation also tried full vehicle reboot to no avail.

16. kennybroh

kennybroh Member

So I called Tesla the other day, and the guy I spoke to was well aware of this and said he gets lots of calls about it. Bottom line, 8.0 broke it and the engineers know of all the complaints. Hopefully the next update, whenever that may be, will fix it....

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  17. Az_Rael

This issue fixed itself spontaneously for me at some point. I checked the XM stations today, and they were all there, including talk, news, sports, traffic. No software updates for me, and other than the one XM radio activation I did earlier, I never touched anything to "fix" it.

18. Fxnbonz

Fxnbonz Member

Can you do a screen shot?

19. Az_Rael

IMG_0305.JPG IMG_0306.JPG

• Like x 1
  20. X Fan

X Fan Supporting Member

^^^^

wow.....nice surprise. What SW rev. are you running?