Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

8.0 XM Channel List - Where Did it Go?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got 8.0 - now when I go to XM I see my favorites but I don't immediately see the categories for a while. Generally I need to flip around and randomly swipe, and then eventually the categories show up.

Needless to say this is a big problem. If a channel is not already saved as a favorite you can't get to it.

Does anyone else have this problem???

I got 8.0 - now when I go to XM I see my favorites but I don't immediately see the categories for a while. Generally I need to flip around and randomly swipe, and then eventually the categories show up.

Needless to say this is a big problem. If a channel is not already saved as a favorite you can't get to it.

Does anyone else have this problem???
This temporary loss of folders has also happened to me. I felt like a moron trying to show off the car's media player. I click on radio, xm, and can see the favorites folders but can't scroll down to the xm folders. It just stops at favorites. Sometime later I can go back and do the same thing and now they show up. Is it still buffering?

Also, is there a way to directly go to a station number? This seems like such a basic feature that I'm sure I'm missing something. In previous version, I think we could at least scroll through all channels.

Last edited:
This temporary loss of folders has also happened to me. I felt like a moron trying to show off the car's media player. I click on radio, xm, and can see the favorites folders but can't scroll down to the xm folders. It just stops at favorites. Sometime later I can go back and do the same thing and now they show up. Is it still buffering?

I'm a pretty tech-savvy person and I simply cannot get the categories to appear anymore no matter what I do. After 8.0 I could get them at first randomly but now nothing works.

Any ideas?

I also am not very happy with the XM interface. You would think that the favorites could drag edited. Not being able to scroll or directly input a number is incomprehensible. It would be better if they just had the sirius app on the screen. Hopefully, this will be rectified. This is the only significant blemish in an otherwise pleasurable experience.

I need help with this too. I don't have any XM channel lists. I activated my radio on saturday, and I can scroll one by one, but can't see any categories other then "Entertainment" which only contains XM 1

Any suggestions?

You may also need to push the update from the XM website. I haven't had to do this since V8 first came out, so it's a little fuzzy...

What does that mean "push the update"? I have the same problem where I just see the "Entertainment" folder with Channel 1 in it. I can click and scroll horizontally through each channel, but it's a terrible experience. I can't seem to find a way to swipe through a list like I can in my F150. What the heck? Also, zero album art or channel art. C'mon Tesla. Why is my XM experience in my truck which is 1/4 the price better?

Push from xm means to send a reactivation signal for your radio using their website. Although that didn't help mine. I did get a few more categories after the latest software update, but only music stations. No listings for talk/news/sports.

This issue fixed itself spontaneously for me at some point. I checked the XM stations today, and they were all there, including talk, news, sports, traffic. No software updates for me, and other than the one XM radio activation I did earlier, I never touched anything to "fix" it.

Can you do a screen shot?

IMG_0305.JPG
IMG_0306.JPG

Reactions: mjcostajr