Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

95+ score and no FSD Beta today?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- Using the brake pads at all = aggressive braking
- Roundabouts / turns at the natural speed of traffic = aggressive turning
- Merging into traffic = following too closely
- Passing a car that has moved to a turn only lane = Forward collision warning
I disagree.

I use the brake pads occasionally and don't get the aggressive braking. Sometimes, but most often not, you just have to manage the stop. A few yellow light surprises and yes you can get that.

None of this seems to be much of an issue if you drive far enough. I drive roughly 500 miles a week and my score is always 99. I have aggressive braking, aggressive turning and following too closely all at some percentage above 0 but still in the green zone. I got 2 FCW's in under a minute the other day for a pedestrian on the sidewalk near a curve in the road and still retained a 99.

• Love
Reactions: nvx1977 and KrenGrl
I can see you are sensitive to this. But also making a terrible assumption about the way I drive to support your belief. You are taking my comment in a negative way of thinking. Simply curious if you understand the system and you went ballistic.
Perhaps the score is terrible for you, but it was fine for me and some others. Just don't use it and save your blood pressure from raising. :)
What car do you have? FWIW, my 2018 Model S is much easier to maintain a decent score vs 2022 Model S, due to different in how accelerometer works see:

Hard braking score worse on Model S Refresh (March 2022) than Model S 2018

Right now the 2018 has 96 safety score, since my wife drives it and does not worry about SS. When I drove it I easily maintained 100 score. On the other hand my 2022 has 98 SS and I try very hard to get to 100. So it really does depend on what car you have and what chips it has.

• Helpful
Reactions: Silicon Desert
By noting that a high percentage of drivers I see across the USA drive very aggressively and tailgate, then I am not surprised someone might say this. I could turn this around and say that people who drive more dangerous than others would say they would be driving like a grandma if asked to simply drive sanely. And you are wrong. One does not have to drive "unnecessarily slow" as you say. Sounds like you don't understand the score. I drive really fast and have no issue with being scored poorly because of it.
You have a 2017 S. Much easier to maintain a decent score than a 2022 S (trust me I have both 2018 and 2022).

• Helpful
Reactions: KrenGrl
I disagree.

I use the brake pads occasionally and don't get the aggressive braking. Sometimes, but most often not, you just have to manage the stop. A few yellow light surprises and yes you can get that.

None of this seems to be much of an issue if you drive far enough. I drive roughly 500 miles a week and my score is always 99. I have aggressive braking, aggressive turning and following too closely all at some percentage above 0 but still in the green zone. I got 2 FCW's in under a minute the other day for a pedestrian on the sidewalk near a curve in the road and still retained a 99.
Agree, if you can put on many miles of freeway driving it is easier to maintain a higher score. However I work from home, so put on very few miles, which makes this whole SS thing a nightmare. I going to go drive 100+ miles today just to get AP miles. I should not need to do that for FSD which is all about city driving.

My assumption is that it’s a small percentage of the overall owners, but likely a higher percent of those signed up for the FSD beta.
ok, I see. My guess would be there is no difference between drivers signed up for FSD or not. I only say that because I know two people signed up for the beta and they don't have the slightest idea what this forum is about. One got it and one still waiting. Of course I'm just guessing. As you say, it might be good to use as watching a trend.

96 score and didn't get it. But I also didn't get the huge pushout today of 2022.12.3.16 so I'll be optimistic and take that as a good sign. I assume/hope this rollout will expand in a day or two, like has happened in the past.

In another week, my score will probably go to 100. I had a bad score day on a 700-mile, 12 May road trip. That's a very large percentage of my total miles so a big hit.

I tried opting out for a couple of days, but it didn't erase my score. Others reported similar at that time. I've been at 95 for a couple of weeks but nursed it up to 96 a couple of days ago.

I'm really over the safety scoring game. I started the beginning of Jan.

Reactions: Mark II
Actually no, I now have a new M3 as of two months ago. Just haven't updated the profile. Frankly I don't notice the difference. I'll change the profile if I can find it.
I do wonder if the new M3 is the same as my 2018 with respect to how the hard braking is detected. In the 2018 it cancels out the effect of gravity, the 2022 does not. So the stopping distance of the 2022 up hill is much less than the stopping distance down hill. In the case of the 2022 I can let regen brake at max uphill and never get a ding on safety score, and the regen is much more aggressive than the 2018, which will cause a ding on uphill.

Question: if you fully remove your foot from accelerator up a steep hill in the M3 do you get a safety score hit?