TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

A little frustrated

Discussion in 'Model S' started by torcator, Jan 25, 2017.

Tags:
  1. torcator

torcator Member

2 weeks ago I've got my brand new model S.
    I was really exited to test all the features that I've add (besides sub zero I've added all of them)

But on the delivery, I realize that there were a lot of of features that were not installed yet on my car, because it was going to have a release on the next days.

Since them I'm basically driving as a regular car, with no autopilot, no sensors... almost nothing.
    I mean the experience of moving to a EV is good, but it should be great...

How's your status, does everyone else has already have the new update?

• Disagree x 3
  2. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

What firmware version are you on?

Is the car connected to Wifi? You should have gotten an update by now. It won't give you everything, but at least you'll have an initial version of TACC to hold you over for awhile.

3. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

I recently traded my 2015 S for a new 2016 so I could get the version 2 hardware and am a little bummed that I had to go from a great autopilot to no autopilot. But I take solace in the fact that I will eventually get back what I had and then continue to advice far beyond what I had before.

But I hate waiting. :)

So, yes, your new car is behind what older Teslas have but just know that will change (albeit slowly) in the coming weeks and months (and years...).

4. LuPapa

LuPapa Member

test drove an AP1 car but purchased a new AP2?

5. Ohm it

Ohm it Member

I agree... was a bit disappointed to shell out the cash and not be able to use what I paid for till sometime in the unknown future.
    Those that have drank the koolaid say you just need to deal with it...because its a Tesla!!!

I have received the update and TACC and EAP (up to 45mph) work great, but still no rain sense wipers and auto-dim headlights working yet. The TACC worked great on last Vegas trip, set it at 85 and no problems.... with most recent update TACC is now maxed out at 75???

Still nice car to drive, but I have the some of the same feelings

• Like x 1
  6. torcator

torcator Member

Unfortunately I don't have any wifi near the car. I live in a condo and on the parking there is no wifi.
    Also I've leave the car at the office parking with no wifi at all :(

I was thinking on leaving the phone on the car connected as a hotspot, what do you think?

7. Andyw2100

Andyw2100 Supporting Member

You will get updates that are due for your car to receive even if you are never connected to WiFi. You --MAY-- get them a little sooner if you are connected to WiFi.

• Informative x 1
  8. Hugh Mannity

Hugh Mannity Mediocre Member

I think the general consensus is that you'll update faster on wifi but eventually the update will show up on your cell connection.

9. justg0

justg0 Member

I did just that few days ago and got the latest AP2 update within an hour of leaving my phone in the car.

• Informative x 2
  10. phaduman

phaduman Member

Perhaps drive and park near the Tesla showroom or SC and hook onto their Wi-Fi. If you don't get anything in 30mins, just talk to the SC and get the update there?

11. whitex

whitex Active Member

While I sympathize with the lack of available features on AP2 cars, maybe saying you're driving a regular car is a bit of an exaggeration? Since you got every option except for sub zero, that means you have a ludicrous P100D, which means you're driving the fastest production car available today. Drive it yourself (without AP) and have some fun with it. AutoPilot will never utilize any performance options you paid for. Maybe after experiencing the raw performance you will not want to let AutoPilot drive for you. ;)

• Like x 2
  12. Todd Burch

Todd Burch Electron Pilot

I waited three years for my first S.

Like many others, I waited a year driving a HW 1 car before AP was activated.

I didn't complain and appreciated driving such an amazing and unique car.

You have to wait a few weeks?

Sorry, but in the words of Yoda, sympathy for you I do not have. A little perspective...

• Like x 6
    • Funny x 4
    • Helpful x 1
  13. Brunton

Brunton Pontificating the obvious

Tesla has made no secret of the fact that the HW2 cars are not fully enabled yet. If you're disappointed in what you've got at this point, that's your own fault. HW2 will undoubtedly be able to do most of what Tesla has said it will, but it will be awhile before all of it's fully enabled.

• Like x 1
  14. davidc18

davidc18 Active Member

Congrats! You are now experiencing "Tesla Time".

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  15. ev-now

ev-now Member

Oh the first world problems we have ...

Seems to me, with AP1, that the fun of the car is driving it. AP is for when you don't have time for fun, and just "need to get there" - commute, etc. Enjoy what you have. As others have noted your wait is way shorter (probably) than many who have gone before you, and it's not like anyone could have missed that the hardware was on the car and the software was "coming soon".

• Like x 1
  16. Ohm it

Ohm it Member

I knew the koolaid drinkers would chime in...:)

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  17. ev-now

ev-now Member

Do you happen to have that plate ("Ohm it") - totally wish I'd thought of that - may be for the M3.

• Like x 1
  18. Ohm it

Ohm it Member

Its on order should be here in a few weeks

also ordered PEQIXV not sure which one to assign to the car yet, most people won't get the meaning of the second one

I looked for WATTS UP in CA NV and AZ.... no go

• Like x 1
  19. deonb

deonb Supporting Member

Resistance is futile?

20. Ohm it

Ohm it Member

Y OHM IT ??