Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

About time to unveil the D and something else

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just noticed that. How many bytes have we spilled talking about range, and here is a rather large improvement:

60kWh: 208->225 17 more miles, 8.1% more
85kWh: 265->295 30 more miles, 11.3% more
85kwhP: 265->275 10 more miles, 3.7% more

But holy cow, 295 EPA miles!!!!
They aren't EPA rated yet. Benefit would likely be greater at higher speeds so I don't expect to see all the bump in the ratings.

Anyone else notice the P85 shows 470 HP? I thought we had 414HP?

View attachment 61091
it always said 470 in motor power in the fine print spec but 416 on the order page. I think the 416 is some sort of battery minimum output. See how 60D and 85D have same motor power but different acceleration? battery power limits. when you accelerate in the P85 with full battery you see a lot more than 310 kW (416 hp) in the orange power meter

Is the AWD drive option priced incorrectly?

60 and 85 AWD option is $4K
P85 AWD option is $14k.

I see they pulled the price (AWD option) which might indicate that it was incorrect.

The price is shown only once you select 60 / 85 / P85.

The price is different as the motor added is different. (And for the performance version, it seems to auto-select additional features.)

Black leather is now free. Parking sensors obviously gone and that cost is rolled into the new tech package.

I am stoked that non-P dual motor is only a $4k option. Since X pricing has been touted as similar to a comparably-equipped S and such a thing now exists, I may actually be able to afford my X when the time comes.

Also incredibly stoked about the 30 extra miles of range (to 295), as that gives me confidence that the X will maintain at least 265 or so.

I think tonight's announcements are full of win. And now we can await another big reveal when the X is unveiled, hopefully by end of year...

Will the Model S simply brake straight or will it be willing/able to move to the shoulder if there is not enough space or if the wheels are locking up?

If the engineers could design this car and all in the first place, I'm quite sure they've also thought of that scenario. If not, the code can very likely be added at a later date. I also believe that Elon said the driver could 'override' the car's decision, though it would not be easy. Kind of like when you lose power steering is my guess.