Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Acceleration Boost App Purchase Fail

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Resist

Mar 24, 2019
California
So I finally decided to get the Acceleration Boost for my Model 3 AWD LR, opened the App and pressed Buy. After a little bit it said the transaction had failed. So I tried it again, and the same thing happened. I tried it 5 times with the same results. Last year I didn't have any issues using the App to buy FSD. I haven't tried on my computer yet and now rethinking the purchase. Just wondering if anyone else has had an issue buying an upgrade using the App?

That's not the issue. The credit card is fine, I use it all the time and it's not over my limit.
That doesn't mean that your back didn't decline it. It is simple Tesla wants your money and tried to get it so it MUST be your bank. The bank's system may have flagged it as fraudulent. So you will need to call them to find out and have them to flag as approved.

Or a temporary communication failure between Tesla and your bank, which generally presents as “declined”. Most payment systems are very binary - either the transaction is completed and “approved” or for any reason it doesn’t go through and is “declined”.

OP said the transaction failed. He didn't say it was "declined" (for fraud or otherwise).

Tesla's payment processing is glitchy. I had trouble buying the acceleration boost too. First time I bought it on the web and got a confirmation screen! But it never actually went through. I think I tried it several times, and it finally worked through the app. So, maybe try the web if the app's not working. But it's not you.

The same thing happened to me with the app so I signed into the website, clicked manage, then under shop click upgrades. Was able to purchase it there no issues with the same credit card on file. Installed within a few seconds and I was boosting right along.

That doesn't mean that your back didn't decline it. It is simple Tesla wants your money and tried to get it so it MUST be your bank. The bank's system may have flagged it as fraudulent. So you will need to call them to find out and have them to flag as approved.

It was not a bank decline. I used this same credit card via the app when I bought FSD for $2k and that transaction went through just fine. Just tried it through my computer on the Tesla site and it processed, so there is an issue with the Tesla App. I reported it to Tesla via their support chat.

One thing I did notice with this purchase, there doesn't seem to be tax associated with it and least not yet. Oh, and it instantly was downloaded to my car.

Last edited: