Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"Acceleration Boost" option, discussion as to which models and how much quicker

AWD (Non P) - Will you buy the $2k "Acceleration Boost" to get 0-60 mph in 3.9s (from current 4.4s)?

• Yes, this is what I've been waiting for!

Votes: 65 7.9%
  • Yes, I want a full uncork to Stealth Performance but this is better than nothing

Votes: 220 26.7%
  • Yes, for other reasons

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • No, I only want a full uncork to Stealth Performance

Votes: 182 22.1%
  • No, I don't want or care to pay for any additional performance

Votes: 140 17.0%
  • No, for other reasons

Votes: 44 5.3%
  • I'm not a Non-P AWD owner, but just want to vote

Votes: 158 19.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just traded my LR RWD in for a LR AWD, so i'm officially in the AWD club now!

My mods for my RWD included a wrap and MPP coilovers.

Just curious (though i'm aware of the bias for speed here), but what would you all go with FIRST between getting coilovers again (my RWD set isn't compatible with the AWD unfortunately) OR this performance boost?

Both will each cost around the same price, but I want to spread out the purchases for these about three months apart.

I'm inclined to go with the coilovers first because I think that I want to have a few months of the stock speed, and then upgrade...this way the feeling of the increase in power is maximized and noticeable when I get it as opposed to getting it now.

Let me get this straight... you came to a thread solely dedicated to acceleration boost upgrade. Then you ask people that visit this thread to decide between coil overs and the subject of this thread?

All kidding aside, if you plan to get both eventually, it’s totally reasonable in either order.

Let me get this straight... you came to a thread solely dedicated to acceleration boost upgrade. Then you ask people that visit this thread to decide between coil overs and the subject of this thread?

All kidding aside, if you plan to get both eventually, it’s totally reasonable in either order.

haha you can already tell i'm itching to push that upgrade button on my app. I'll see how long I can wait.

It does.

So does the AWD+.

Check the draggy leaderboards to see the AWD+ Model 3s running 3.5 with rollout.... (there's a few 3.4x folks out there too).

Just for accuracy, the 3 AWD+ matches the MYP riding on Überturbine wheels to 60 but in the 1/4 mile edges it out. However the rare (and discontinued) MYP with the 19" Gemini wheels has proven faster. TLEICHT on Dragy has a 3.66 (3.41 rollout) time with Gemini's and completely stock. Doesn't have a 1/4 mile time but Youtuber i1Tesla with lightweight 18" TSW Nurburgring wheels (same one's I have) ran a 0-60 in 3.42 (3.27 rollout) (video). I'd imagine people could be running low 11.6's in the 1/4 mile on lighter 18" or 19" wheels.

Screenshot_20200929-233336.png

Attachments

• MYP.png
    MYP.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Guys, sorry I wasn't able to read the entire thread, so don't lynch me if my question has been asked before, but does the 0.5 sec upgrade reduce the range? I assume it definitely would in Sport mode, but how about Chill mode?
Simplistically stated if your driving habits don't change your range shouldn't change.
i don't believe that the boost impacts chill mode at all.

Okay, I just finished reading through most of the thread. I probably read 70-80 pages.

Just so I understand, the M3P and MYP 0-60 times listed by Tesla are with the 1ft rollout, whereas the non-P M3 and MY are without. But I also read that the M3P 0-60 times w/ rollout are actually now in the 2.9s. So how come Tesla hasn't updated this on the site?

Is this correct:

Model 3P = Fastest = 2.9s 0-60 WITH rollout, 3.2 WITHOUT
Model 3 AWD+AB & Model YP = 3.5s WITH rollout, 3.9 WITHOUT?
Model 3 AWD & Model Y AWD+AB = 3.9s WITH rollout, 4.4 WITHOUT?
Model Y AWD = 4.8s ...is this WITH or WITHOUT rollout?

Okay, I just finished reading through most of the thread. I probably read 70-80 pages.

Just so I understand, the M3P and MYP 0-60 times listed by Tesla are with the 1ft rollout, whereas the non-P M3 and MY are without. But I also read that the M3P 0-60 times w/ rollout are actually now in the 2.9s. So how come Tesla hasn't updated this on the site?

Tesla appears to have stopped updating after the first 5% free power bump and the 2nd one.

Is this correct:

More like 2.98 with rollout.... I'm not aware of anyone who has run more than a couple of hundredths of a second below 3 flat.

The rest seem about right (though I'm not up on Y times that much)... you can also download the draggy app to your phone and see what folks are running for yourself.

Is this correct:

Model 3 AWD+AB & Model YP = 3.5s WITH rollout, 3.9 WITHOUT?
Model 3 AWD & Model Y AWD+AB = 3.9s WITH rollout, 4.4 WITHOUT?
Model Y AWD = 4.8s ...is this WITH or WITHOUT rollout?
Model Y AWD is 4.8 without rollout

Reactions: P-Lo801