Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

According to Tesla - Any Deliveires that Dont have a contract already are delayed

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a delivery date (tomorrow) and a VIN and no contract.

I have a delivery date (Wed July 25) and a VIN and no contract. Delivery scheduled for Wed 5PM in Rocklin, paying with cashiers check full amount so hopefully not as much of a problem (we shall see)

So...whats really in a contract? Anyone have an example of a Tesla Contract?

How did you acquire your VIN and Delivery Date? Email? Phone Call?

So...whats really in a contract? Anyone have an example of a Tesla Contract?

How did you acquire your VIN and Delivery Date? Email? Phone Call?

The final fully-executed contract is required for the CU to fork over the check to me, so I’m in a pickle without the final contract. I have a delivery appointment but no check. The final contract is supposedly 6 pages and includes the price breakdown (taxes, fees, etc.) and VIN.

I received an email from an Inside Delivery Advisor on 7/12 saying production is completed on your Model 3 and delivery will happen soon (when I ordered, they said Sep-Nov delivery). I thought this meant August. I was wrong — received a second email on 7/13 saying I need to finish loading my driver license, etc., because the car would be arriving at the delivery center in the next few days and they could only hold it for 10 days, at which point they would match it to someone else if I didn’t pick it up. Once I loaded my driver license, insurance, etc., the Inside Delivery Advisor said we were good to go and sent me the pro forma with the VIN and scheduled my delivery date by phone. He said the contract would be sent to me 72 hours before delivery. On 7/21, I noticed the VIN appeared on my Tesla account.

To be honest folks. I'm glad to see deliveries being made...because I didn't think they were really occurring. I haven't heard anything from Tesla. Neither has Tesla's VIN registration been moving at a 5k per week pace.

It could just be my local store, but I'm sure Troy can confirm, that particular store is literally overflowing with Model 3s and deliveries were being made. It was hard to get into a Supercharging spot cuz cars were parked out into random open spaces.

Same boat as everyone, the contract department is the backlog. I have my VIN, my delivery date (tomorrow) and no contract. Not as worried for now since I am financing with Tesla. My ISA says it just means a very last minute contract and ACH. I hope so! really really hope I wake up to a contract on my account tomorrow.

Same boat as everyone, the contract department is the backlog. I have my VIN, my delivery date (tomorrow) and no contract. Not as worried for now since I am financing with Tesla. My ISA says it just means a very last minute contract and ACH. I hope so! really really hope I wake up to a contract on my account tomorrow.
Contract Department?

They can build 5K cars per week, and struggle to build contracts with their customers? Holy Smokes.

To be honest folks. I'm glad to see deliveries being made...because I didn't think they were really occurring. I haven't heard anything from Tesla. Neither has Tesla's VIN registration been moving at a 5k per week pace.

Have you not seen the other threads of people complaining about feeling rushed for their 15 minute or 5 minute or 1 minute delivery windows? There must have been 40 3s waiting for delivery in Fremont and another few hundred just down the road. They're effing everywhere. I've never owned such a common car, and this is only 6 months into deliveries!

It could just be my local store, but I'm sure Troy can confirm, that particular store is literally overflowing with Model 3s and deliveries were being made. It was hard to get into a Supercharging spot cuz cars were parked out into random open spaces.

Seriously.

You live in Chicago, why would you buy a non awd Tesla?

'cause it's flat as a board? :D

Worst case scenario, will Tesla consider an ACH transfer initiated at time of delivery as valid payment? Doesn’t ACH take a couple days to clear? My delivery is scheduled for delivery Thursday. VIN but no contract yet so there’s still time but wondering just in case.

The final fully-executed contract is required for the CU to fork over the check to me, so I’m in a pickle without the final contract. I have a delivery appointment but no check. The final contract is supposedly 6 pages and includes the price breakdown (taxes, fees, etc.) and VIN.

I’m in a similar situation. My CU won’t cut the check until I pay the remaining balance for the vehicle shown on the manual contract my ISA generated. The problem is I can’t do that until the contract is generated, which opens up the ACH function, or during my delivery appointment where my ISA told me I can write a personal check. My delivery appointment is Wednesday evening in Fremont. I might try to move it up so I am taking delivery during banking hours if I don’t have a contract tomorrow.

Yes it was crazy busy. Between getting wheel locks installed at service and waiting for my contract I had to park over by the business next to Tesla Rocklin. They really need to do a deliveries at a different location.

Same situation here.. got a VIN and delivery date (7/27) but no MVPA or contract yet on my Tesla account. I’m paying cash so just plan to take a cashiers check for the amount due stated on my account and hope they take care of the rest there...

Have you not seen the other threads of people complaining about feeling rushed for their 15 minute or 5 minute or 1 minute delivery windows? There must have been 40 3s waiting for delivery in Fremont and another few hundred just down the road. They're effing everywhere. I've never owned such a common car, and this is only 6 months into deliveries!

Seriously.

'cause it's flat as a board? :D
You have never owned such a common car? Really? Who cares if it's common? Its beautiful.