Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hopefully Tesla would one day just self-delivery. No need to drive.

Actually you might want to call Tesla if they can arrange home delivery under this circumstances. At least one of my friends got his Model 3 home delivery here when he just had a new born and can't leave the house.

Reactions: knikak
Hopefully Tesla would one day just self-delivery. No need to drive.

Actually you might want to call Tesla if they can arrange home delivery under this circumstances. At least one of my friends got his Model 3 home delivery here when he just had a new born and can't leave the house.

Thanks; that's worth a try. I'll explain the situation when I get a call. I'd hate to postpone after this much anticipation. I'm only about 40 minutes from the local Tesla center.

I leased a 335i and a 535i and I can tell you two things: 1) BMW values tank hard once sold and 2) BMW Financial will NEVER let you out of a lease early - there's no upside for them. With Model 3's killing their sales now it's only gotten worse. Wait 'til lease end or eat the cost (substantial!) - those are your only options.
Yeah you are right. 6 more months to go but feels so long ever since I put in my order at the end of Jan. I will have to wait it out I guess :(

I transferred my BMW lease using leasetrader, but it's not allowed by BMFS close to the end of the lease. Cheapest way out will likely to just pay the remaining payments... Which means you might as well keep it until the end.

BMWFS leases usually have very high residuals, which means that trying to sell the car (e.g. to CarMax) will likely cost you more. I was $10K under (with just over a year left on the lease).

Last night my account page changed from 'Prepare for Delivery' to asking for details (address, DOB, DL, etc). I have not received any contact from Tesla regarding my MY order (not by text, email, or phone).

Is this a meaningful change indicating delivery might be coming soon or is it just another early step that everyone gets like 'Prepare for Delivery' was (it seems everyone with an order got that).

Are all the orders than have the flag flipping AWD?

Last week I got the prepare for delivery for an RWD. Is this just just a glitch?

After looking at all pictures, it's tempting me to ask this question

Has anyone recieved delivery date for following configuration

Red - AWD - LR - FSD

If you have recieved it, what date did you order??

Just can't wait to see how Red looks!

After looking at all pictures, it's tempting me to ask this question

Has anyone recieved delivery date for following configuration

Red - AWD - LR - FSD

If you have recieved it, what date did you order??

Just can't wait to see how Red looks!
You might want to check the
Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet
It's on this forum via this link.
Teslike Model Y Survey & Order Tracker Spreadsheet

Aware of this but not sure if everyone is constantly uploading..I still don't understand why we haven't seen any red ones getting delivered
Agreed, I keep looking. I'm waiting for my Red/Black AWD w/ 20"'s. I've filled out all the info on line and I noticed today the sales tax was updated properly so some progress I guess. I got the "get ready for delivery" email but no one has contacted me... :(

Order date: 7/11/2018

LR, AWD, black int, Pearl White, 20" induction wheels, autopilot

Changed to "Prepare for Delivery" (Tampa) and received a couple of texts, however, no info on delivery. Website still says they are preparing contract. No VIN yet, so I cannot get an insurance policy. Frustrating so far.