Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Activating FSD on New Model Y?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Howdy!

I recently picked up my new '23 MYP and activated the monthly FSD subscription.

What actions do I take to activate it so that I can secure the features beyond basically the EAP features?

I had a '22 MYP with it and I remember after activating, it had a Safety Score to allow me access.

Any help is appreciated!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Due to the NHTSA recall Tesla is not allowing anyone additional into the FSD beta. It's effectively a stop sale for FSD beta until Tesla corrects the issues mentioned in the NHTSA recall.

Also, you will need to make sure your on a software version lower than the current FSD beta release. Currently FSDb 11.3.3 runs on 2022.45 . So if your software is higher than that you still will not be able to get the beta.

Reactions: JulienW
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. Due to the NHTSA recall Tesla is not allowing anyone additional into the FSD beta. It's effectively a stop sale for FSD beta until Tesla corrects the issues mentioned in the NHTSA recall.

Also, you will need to make sure your on a software version lower than the current FSD beta release. Currently FSDb 11.3.3 runs on 2022.45 . So if your software is higher than that you still will not be able to get the beta.
It has been reported elsewhere in the forum that FSDb v11 addresses the NHTSA recall issues. Even before v11 was released, I think people were still able to request access to the Beta, so I don’t know why the Request FSD Beta button would be greyed out for anyone.

It has been reported elsewhere in the forum that FSDb v11 addresses the NHTSA recall issues. Even before v11 was released, I think people were still able to request access to the Beta, so I don’t know why the Request FSD Beta button would be greyed out for anyone.
It seems it is on all new versions 2023 and beyond. Likely because they have to wait until the stacks are merged. Either way, they have to wait. If the Beta is the main driver of a subscription, I'd cancel or not renew until it's announced that others can join.

It's a valid point...though I don't know if it's been confirmed. If it has I haven't heard confirmation. Yeah I have read reports of folks still being able to enter the queue however even that will not result in getting the beta until there is a confirmed fix.

OP, if you tap on software in the menu what version are you on?

Wow…is this actually true? Why did I just subscribe to FSD if I’m not even allowed to have the features that FSD allows for? Why is Tesla allowing new folks to subscribe to FSD if they can’t use the features? They should have an EAP subscription too.

Wow…is this actually true? Why did I just subscribe to FSD if I’m not even allowed to have the features that FSD allows for? Why is Tesla allowing new folks to subscribe to FSD if they can’t use the features? They should have an EAP subscription too.
As usual most are confused. FSD Capability does NOT include FSD Beta (AKA: Autosteer on with streets Beta). FSD Beta is a feature Tesla selects to ALLOW some people to use. Here is WHAT FSD Capability includes, straight from Tesla. And FSD Beta its not included. In fact it clearly says Coming Soon.

Screenshot 2023-04-21 at 1.57.27 PM.png

• Informative
Reactions: Twiglett