Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Actual in Hand Owners… Post up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gentlemen. Please relax, and let Tesla go about it's business of bringing the Cybertruck to market. Will take a while for them to ramp up production, so probably new vehicles will be rolling out in dribs and drabs.

Like most Tesla vehicles, it will continue to evolve, and find it's market. Pricing is well in line with other similarly capable trucks. It is not the screeming value that people hoped, but I imaging that for some time, Tesla will be able to deliver every one they can put together.

Many of the current launch specifications will evolve over time. Tesla is hard at work, producing what they can and continuing to innovate and iterate to make the Truck a success.

Don't forget, the end goal is that somday in the future, we will see CyberTrucks cruising around on Mars.

Gentlemen. Please relax, and let Tesla go about it's business of bringing the Cybertruck to market. Will take a while for them to ramp up production, so probably new vehicles will be rolling out in dribs and drabs.

Like most Tesla vehicles, it will continue to evolve, and find it's market. Pricing is well in line with other similarly capable trucks. It is not the screeming value that people hoped, but I imaging that for some time, Tesla will be able to deliver every one they can put together.

Many of the current launch specifications will evolve over time. Tesla is hard at work, producing what they can and continuing to innovate and iterate to make the Truck a success.

Don't forget, the end goal is that somday in the future, we will see CyberTrucks cruising around on Mars.
Ahh ok… maybe just a little less vodka there buddy.

Reactions: polyphonic54
It’s unfortunate that those who put their name on the list years ago might be worried about high interest rates...but most still have a long wait so the economy could improve...so I don’t think there will be many cancellations....although perhaps a lot of people will sell their place in the queue.
Anyhow, spare a thought for those on this side of the pond...it’s quite possible that we will NEVER see the Cybertruck here because of European pedestrian collision regulations
Unfortunately I think you might be right regarding no cybertruck sales in the UK.

Suspect Tesla have ample LHD demand to avoid the need to switch to RHD to keep factories busy, although the drive by wire system would presumably be an easier switch across compared to a traditional steering column design.

The optimist in me hopes Tesla have ignored bringing new RHD Model X and S models in to create demand for vehicle larger than the Y, but I’m probably clutching at straws 😢

Reactions: Bouba
I know one of the guys who received it though I haven’t reached out to him. I met him at the Model X event in 2015. He was one of the first roadster buyers… and he had a MS, and then was at the MX delivery event. If I remember correctly, he held up a personalized plate at the MX event. Then I saw him pick up the cybertruck. So not insiders. Just loyalists.

Reactions: zoomer0056
I know one of the guys who received it though I haven’t reached out to him. I met him at the Model X event in 2015. He was one of the first roadster buyers… and he had a MS, and then was at the MX delivery event. If I remember correctly, he held up a personalized plate at the MX event. Then I saw him pick up the cybertruck. So not insiders. Just loyalists.
I think you should PM me his info ;)

One of the owners is from Florida. He flew out for the Austin event. Instead of driving it all the way back to Florida, he drove it from Austin to Houston (Hempstead SC) to get a feel for the car. It was awaiting a transport truck to Florida when I was at the service center. Apparently the owner needed to get back to Florida and was already on a flight out. That is all I know...

• Informative
Reactions: zoomer0056
Unfortunately I think you might be right regarding no cybertruck sales in the UK.

Suspect Tesla have ample LHD demand to avoid the need to switch to RHD to keep factories busy, although the drive by wire system would presumably be an easier switch across compared to a traditional steering column design.

The optimist in me hopes Tesla have ignored bringing new RHD Model X and S models in to create demand for vehicle larger than the Y, but I’m probably clutching at straws 😢
The RHD version is still listed on the Australian Tesla site. It should be fairly easy for Tesla to make the RHD version with the steer-by-wire system. On the same site, they don't sell the S/X anymore, since they don't make RHD versions anymore.

As for Europe, as others pointed out, most (or all?) American large pickups are not sold in Europe due to pedestrian requirements. The fact that Tesla has one of the best avoidance systems does not count.

One of the owners is from Florida. He flew out for the Austin event. Instead of driving it all the way back to Florida, he drove it from Austin to Houston (Hempstead SC) to get a feel for the car. It was awaiting a transport truck to Florida when I was at the service center. Apparently the owner needed to get back to Florida and was already on a flight out. That is all I know...
best news ever

Merry Christmas.

MC.jpg