Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add Accessory Hitch?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Couldn't really locate this exact answer, but...

I'm assuming we all have the removable panel under our X. I have a 90D, probably built around May+ timeframe (have to check), VIN 8000ish.

I was wandering if it is at all possible to add the accessory hitch here now. I know can't add towing as shouldn't be reinforced, etc. But, if I look under the panel - anything I should look for to indicate I can at least handle the hitch? Or is it just empty under there for those of us that don't show it in MVPA for car?

-T

When I was talking with my salesman at the showroom over the past couple of weeks he mentioned that their service department just got informed about a retrofit option for the towing hitch, so you might want to inquire again.

Reactions: goneskiian
Did you end up checking with service center to see if a hitch can be added. I placed a deposit on a inventory MX that doesn't have the accessory hitch or the towing package. If a retrofit work then I might just go with the MX.

When I was talking with my salesman at the showroom over the past couple of weeks he mentioned that their service department just got informed about a retrofit option for the towing hitch, so you might want to inquire again.
This is excellent news!

And just to be clear, there never has been an Accessory Hitch other than the one shown at the reveal event. All AH orders have received the very same Bosal removable receiver that the folks who ordered the Tow Package received.