Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Add Homelink Module?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You might check with Tesla. It could already be there but not activated. We believe Australian cars are like that, NONE of ours come with Homelink due to an issue with the manufacturer and this country. A major peeve of ours. We know it's there but it can't be used.....Tesla allegedly is looking into an alternative for us but after 18 months and no movement I don't hold out much hope.

The homelink module attaches immediately behind the nosecone. You would need to get the module, which is possible (maybe
?) from Tesla. Alternatively, homelink modules are pretty universal and the different auto manufacturers just slap their own label on them (they are all built by Johnson Controls, IIRC), but you need to make sure it is the correct version. I believe Tesla uses version 4.

Here is what it looks like:
tesla homelink.jpg

It may, however, have to be turned on in software, and for that you would need Tesla to turn it on.

My 2013 S does not have the tech package either, and my service center said they could not add the Homelink feature either. I would also be concerned about buying the module and then somehow convincing Tesla to activate the feature, if that were at all possible. I just ended using some industrial Velcro to attach my garage door opener just under the center console.

The homelink module attaches immediately behind the nosecone. You would need to get the module, which is possible (maybe
?) from Tesla. Alternatively, homelink modules are pretty universal and the different auto manufacturers just slap their own label on them (they are all built by Johnson Controls, IIRC), but you need to make sure it is the correct version. I believe Tesla uses version 4.

Here is what it looks like:
View attachment 183864

It may, however, have to be turned on in software, and for that you would need Tesla to turn it on.

I purchased the module, and would like to install it. Do I simply remove the nose cone, or do I need to take out the frunk lining to get to the receptacle? Thanks for your help.

I purchased the module, and would like to install it. Do I simply remove the nose cone, or do I need to take out the frunk lining to get to the receptacle? Thanks for your help.

I had to take the entire bumper cover off, not just the nosecone. Also, you may need to have the car's firmware updated to use homelink. This is especially relevant if the car did not spec out with homelink to begin with.

I had to take the entire bumper cover off, not just the nosecone. Also, you may need to have the car's firmware updated to use homelink. This is especially relevant if the car did not spec out with homelink to begin with.

Did you ever get the Homelink working?
I'm in New Zealand and imported my MS from Australia. Not sure if the Homelink module is installed or not, but either way it would need to by 'activated' by Tesla.

Did you ever get the Homelink working?
I'm in New Zealand and imported my MS from Australia. Not sure if the Homelink module is installed or not, but either way it would need to by 'activated' by Tesla.
On my signature car, the mounting point for the homelink module is there as is the loom connector. No module, though. Frankly, it would be a minor deal to instal physically, and the service centre just needs to activate it in software. I can tell you that all they do is pop off the cubby under the centre screen which gives them access to cables with a plug connector straight to the mother board, plug that into the usb on their laptop and do what is necessary. Takes all of 30 seconds to establish the connection. The cubby clicks straight back in. Really, a 3 to 5 minute job!!

@bkp_duke What year is your car?
I have had a look online and there seem to be a few different part numbers, but all Tesla branded:
1005371-00-A dated 14.0.13 (like the one you pictured)
1005371-00-B dated 22.08.16
1020147-00-B dated 04.08.16

I did find this which gives some insight into the different Homelink (Gentex) model numbers: https://fccid.io/NZLJCIBUSHL3/Label/Sample-Label-Model-2-2302234.pdf

From what I can gather the Gentex assembly numbers:
960-0096 is for Tesla/Audi US version
960-0097 is for Tesla/Audi EU version

I'm just trying to make sure I order the correct version.

Marty.

Last edited: