Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Advice on Finalizing Your Order

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was making the HUGE change of going from Silver 21s to the Gray 21s on my Performance model. No cost difference.
Given that I've seen some of the earlier reservation numbers be a little schizophrenic with changing their options back and forth I wanted to let everyone now that Tesla seems to be less easygoing about things and trying to hold you to your original configuration once the MVPA is signed.

Odd. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me. Did you try going up the ladder a bit? Maybe they weren't sure how to handle the situation?

I was making the HUGE change of going from Silver 21s to the Gray 21s on my Performance model. No cost difference.
Given that I've seen some of the earlier reservation numbers be a little schizophrenic with changing their options back and forth I wanted to let everyone now that Tesla seems to be less easygoing about things and trying to hold you to your original configuration once the MVPA is signed.

That's odd, I just changed an interior trim decor option last week, it was absolutely no problem, and was completely done and re-signed withing 24 hours. I am P4996, an 85kWh not far from your number.

Thanks again to Todd, Robert and everyone else who provided invaluable advice in helping me finalize my order.

I took delivery on 12-12-12, with Robert's Green S in front of mine on the truck.

Delivery was quite the experience - Enrique let me drive the S off the truck, which i really enjoyed (even if he had to stuff me through the window to get in the car on the 2nd level of the truck). I got to unwrap it, and sign the papers. It had 5 miles left after depleting on the cross-country drive. So good i had a 99 with a charge point right across the street which got me to 40 miles by end of day. Robert, i heard you had only 9 miles - hope you managed ok!

The S has exceeded my expectations in every way - after 3 years of anticipation, the reality is better than the promise. My 13 year old son Will has become even more of an enthusiast than me - and can cite every statistic.

Based on the help from this forum, i do not regret any configuration decision. While much of it is personal preference, there are some no-brainer decisions - and the thread above was my most valuable resource.

In retrospect:

- no brainers: 85 Kwh (espeically seeing the actual performance in near-0 conditions - charges to 235, delivers about 170-180 on particularly cold days), HPWC (which is still don't have, but really wish i did for convenience rather than performance - although the latter is nice too), 19" wheels (perhaps the most clear choice relative to the performance option), pano roof, sound system (i would not have opted for that without the advice here - but sure glad i did), and tech package. I can't imagine the S without each and every one of those options.

I'm delighted with the Silver/Gray combo - it was the first gray interior the store and delivery person saw, and they were impressed - and lacewood. I'm glad i did not get the paint guard - particularly after observing it in the Menlo Park store and inspecting some of my older ICE cars.

I continue to be more and more passionate about the car and experience. One of my clients is a German national, who came over from another building in his 325i with the top down in 25 degree weather when i told him i had the Tesla. After the rocket demo, he said it made him feel like he was home. Regarding the top down in 25 degree weather, i suggested to his boss that he was having severe difficulty with the superiority of American automotive engineered and should be given counseling.

Love my S!