Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aero wheels

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was at the event in Toronto today and according to the reps there, real aero rims are in California right now and look really good. I think I'll downgrade to them for sure instead of the 21", despite the reps trying to convince me otherwise. I need the extra rubber.

real aero rims are in California right now and look really good.

Hmm, I've been to Menlo Park and Santana row a couple times each in the past month and the real aero rims were no-where to be found. I keep hearing how fugly they are from various people that claim to have seen them. Some say they're getting redesigned.

I also don't want 21" rims. For almost $400 extra over regular wheels, the aero wheels better look awesome. But, from what I've gathered, a simple carbon fiber hubcap would be cheaper and look better.

Jury is still out on this one for me.

My thought is that if you like the look of spokes, you're never going to like the aero wheels. If you don't care for spokes then you'll like them. It's totally subjective plus what you're used to seeing.

Wow, wonder what happened there. As of now they're still in the studio

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1339205209.372448.jpg

Yep, I got the call today also. the basic story was "production constraints and vendor timing". So sounds like the vendor could not get it there. Remember we (I) never saw a real one just mock ups. I was excited about the 5%, a little leary of the looks. I am going 19" due to fear of potholes. What are you all doing? How many Aero orders were there anyway?

Well that sucks. I feel sorry for those that really wanted them. Hopefully they get them in soon and allow people to switch. If an outside vendor was making them and dropped the ball, it makes it tough to blame Tesla for that vendors failure. Did anyone know if they were supposed to be light weight?

Well that sucks. I feel sorry for those that really wanted them. Hopefully they get them in soon and allow people to switch. If an outside vendor was making them and dropped the ball, it makes it tough to blame Tesla for that vendors failure. Did anyone know if they were supposed to be light weight?

I never heard weight being mentioned. I'm not really happy about it but on the other hand it saves me $1500--and maybe by the time my number comes up things will change. The looks didn't bother me since I'm not a fan of how the car looks anyway.