Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

After upgrading my MS60 to a MS75 (software), I'm no longer receiving firmware updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heya,

I am currently on firmware 17.11.3 (AP2.0). This came out a while ago. According to ev-fw.com, there have been 8 firmware updates since then. I have gotten 0 of these upgrades thus far.

I'm not 100% certain as to what could be causing the lack of updates for me. My Tesla has connectivity (I stream Slacker all the time) and my garage at work and at home has good signal strength. I used to receive updates before and I haven't really changed anything except unlocking my MS60 to a MS75 via the software upgrade process on the Tesla.com website.

What's the right thing to do here? Is there an e-mail I can hit up and ask?

Thanks!

Of the 21 firmware releases this year (17.* versions) my car has gotten 5 updates, an average of about 1 per month. This seems to be about average. With a version of 17.11.3, you're between 1 and 2 months since your last update, so I'd say you're about due, but not overdue to the point of worrying about it.

Having the latest is always fun, and it will come soon enough. I wouldn't bother bugging Tesla about it until you'd been at least 3 months without an update.

Heya,

I am currently on firmware 17.11.3 (AP2.0). This came out a while ago. According to ev-fw.com, there have been 8 firmware updates since then. I have gotten 0 of these upgrades thus far.

I'm not 100% certain as to what could be causing the lack of updates for me. My Tesla has connectivity (I stream Slacker all the time) and my garage at work and at home has good signal strength. I used to receive updates before and I haven't really changed anything except unlocking my MS60 to a MS75 via the software upgrade process on the Tesla.com website.

What's the right thing to do here? Is there an e-mail I can hit up and ask?

Thanks!
Patience unfortunately. I was on 17.11.3 for what seemed like the longest time as well. I just received 17.17.4 two nights ago, so it seems like they are being cautious on the roll out.

Or take it into service, they can check to make sure you're on the latest. Mine is originally a MS60D, upgraded to a MS75D and I still receive updates (just got one last night) Right now I'm on 17.11.45 (AP 2.0 hardware w/o EAP)

I feel your pain.... I went 40 days (and nights!) between my first EAP enabled 17.11.3 and yesterday (much better EAP) 17.17.4

After waiting patiently (NOT) all that time, in desperation yesterday I tried a FULL POWER OFF (from the menu), sat in the car for 3-5 minutes reading on my iPhone, then powered back on. Once powered up I did a full reboot of both screens. Then I left the car alone (well charging). Lo and behold about 4 hours later I got the update notification.

Sure this is probably coincidence .... BUT I had a previous problem where the A/C compressor would not come on, and multiple reboots didn't fix it (fan but no A/C). Talked with service and they said before bringing in the car, try the full power off then reboot as described above. Sure enough that fixed the A/C problem.

So that seems to be the procedures for a FULL reboot/restart of all systems.

Good luck! May The Firmware Be With You.

• Informative
Reactions: int29h and croman
It can't hurt to call Tesla support if you don't have an update by tomorrow. I'd even give them a ring just to make sure everything is ok.

This. Calling tech support to ask about this is free and can't hurt.

Ah waitasec. OP says his/her location is ::1, there's the problem right there. Teslas don't do IPv6...you need to change your location to 127.0.0.1. :)

Bruce.

• Funny
Reactions: int29h and croman
This. Calling tech support to ask about this is free and can't hurt.

Ah waitasec. OP says his/her location is ::1, there's the problem right there. Teslas don't do IPv6...you need to change your location to 127.0.0.1. :)

Bruce.

Good point ;).

Patience unfortunately. I was on 17.11.3 for what seemed like the longest time as well. I just received 17.17.4 two nights ago, so it seems like they are being cautious on the roll out.

Nice to know it's not just me. Thanks!

Do older cars (2012) still get any relevant updates or have they been orphaned on version ????

2012 Model S has been getting updates regularly but seldom with new functions.

The last new major functions were:

Automatic Garage Door Closing and Opening (when you leave your garage and when you come back to it.)
5 Equalizer Sliders (from 3).

An expected coming upgrade is a operating system that will make the browsing faster so you have to wait for grey patches for you navigation map.