Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aftermarket Racing Performance brake rotors - weight loss w/better heat dissipation at a steep price

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not anything significant. They definitely helped with handling as far as steering goes, done a couple of 60-0 stops and they knocked about 10 feet off the stock brakes according to dragy. but now with new wheels and tires, there’s no way to compare to the stock brakes legitimately . Still wouldn’t recommend them for a real road course, may be ok for autox, they’re just not designed for that.

new car will definitely have the biggest rotors possible after seeing how little of a difference a drop in unsprung weight made on acceleration on these things.
Yeah size wise they’re perfect but concerned about the “shearing” everyone is talking about. I’m sure they’re fine for daily driving.

Got any pics on the car?

Yeah size wise they’re perfect but concerned about the “shearing” everyone is talking about. I’m sure they’re fine for daily driving.

Got any pics on the car?

Haven’t had any technical concerns at all. Had the RB street pads on them, and I didn’t like those. They seemed to have picked up a lot of gunk from the street and even after a super hard brake from 120-30ish, it wouldn’t cook off. Switched back to the oem pads and have no more slick/hit spots on the rotors.

will be a bit on pics, don’t have any on this phone and I’m back on 20”s right now so it’s hard to see them. Have to dig up some older ones

not anything significant. They definitely helped with handling as far as steering goes, done a couple of 60-0 stops and they knocked about 10 feet off the stock brakes according to dragy. but now with new wheels and tires, there’s no way to compare to the stock brakes legitimately . Still wouldn’t recommend them for a real road course, may be ok for autox, they’re just not designed for that.

new car will definitely have the biggest rotors possible after seeing how little of a difference a drop in unsprung weight made on acceleration on these things.

What's the new car going to be?

Got any pics on the car?

from a couple of months ago. Front dust covers had to be removed because of rubbing. Rears were ok to leave on.

IMG_20200910_140857.jpg
IMG_20200910_140952.jpg

Does rotor thickness affect the wheel to be pushed out to fender?

I see MPP has Mega 368x35mm or 380x35mm rotors with 35mm thickness does your wheel end up 10mm out towards the fender. Asking about ET40 stock wheels.

The width of the rotor itself will not have any affect on the position of the wheel. However the rotor hat thickness will have an effect on that. The RB brakes that I have Are three or 4 mm thicker than the OEM rotor hat, so my wheel is 3 to 4 mm further out than the standard all wheel drive or stealth performance.

Reactions: Murattukaalai
The width of the rotor itself will not have any affect on the position of the wheel. However the rotor hat thickness will have an effect on that. The RB brakes that I have Are three or 4 mm thicker than the OEM rotor hat, so my wheel is 3 to 4 mm further out than the standard all wheel drive or stealth performance.

This mean that @MountainPass would have adjusted the rotor hat width to stock width so wheels don’t stick out and stay same as using stock rotors.

Does rotor thickness affect the wheel to be pushed out to fender?

I see MPP has Mega 368x35mm or 380x35mm rotors with 35mm thickness does your wheel end up 10mm out towards the fender. Asking about ET40 stock wheels.

It's the thickness of the rotor hat that is impacting wheel offset. Not the thickness of the rotor itself. Stock performance brake rotors have an extremely thin steel hat. Aftermarket rotors typically are like the non Performance brake rotors on the model 3 - about 4 to 5 mm thicker in terms of the hat. Obviously this moves to wheel outboard a corresponding distance. This is why the wheels on the non-performance brake cars have 40 offset while the OEM performance 20 inch wheels have 35 millimeter offset.

Last edited: