Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am considering changing to a lower noise tire like Primacy Tour A/S or Pirelli Cinturato P7 A/S ...

Since you're considering Pirelli, what about their high-performance all-season tire, the P Zero A/S+? It's the next tire I'm planning to try, because my DWS 06 is also very loud. The Cinturato P7 A/S+ has poor wet braking: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=231. Keep us posted if you end up trying the Primacy Tour A/S.

Reactions: Dan_LA
Since you're considering Pirelli, what about their high-performance all-season tire, the P Zero A/S+? It's the next tire I'm planning to try, because my DWS 06 is also very loud. The Cinturato P7 A/S+ has poor wet braking: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/chartDisplay.jsp?ttid=231. Keep us posted if you end up trying the Primacy Tour A/S.

that looks great too and it has the size I need 255x35. so now I am between this and Michelin Primacy Tour A/S ...

I'll get better pics later on:

Work Emotion Kiwami
19x9.5 +38 Squared
Firestone Indy 500 255/35/19
Lowered on Eibachs but I think coilovers are in my near future

Anyone in SoCal who wants or needs Mobile Tire/Wheel Service I highly recommend Alberto at Djs Tire Service, Login • Instagram located in Moreno Valley. Great Service and took his time with everything!

fullsizeoutput_26.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_24.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_28.jpeg

I'll get better pics later on:

Work Emotion Kiwami
19x9.5 +38 Squared
Firestone Indy 500 255/35/19
Lowered on Eibachs but I think coilovers are in my near future

Anyone in SoCal who wants or needs Mobile Tire/Wheel Service I highly recommend Alberto at Djs Tire Service, Login • Instagram located in Moreno Valley. Great Service and took his time with everything!

View attachment 568115

View attachment 568113 View attachment 568108 View attachment 568110
How is the ride on 255/35/19

I'm buying a set of the Tesla Titan 7 T-S5 18x8.5 +35 rims from Evasive. Mine is a 2018 M3P+. Tony from Evasive said the recommended tire is 255/40. Would everyone agree with that? I prefer a thicker sidewall and prefer not to leave large wheel well gaps, so wondering if i could go 255/45?

The OEM tire size for the aeros are 235/45 which yields you a sidewall height of about 4.16 inches (105.75mm).

The 255/40 tire size being suggested will yield you a sidewall height of 4.01 inches (102mm). He's probably recommending that size because 255/45 will rub. Perhaps other folks who know for sure can chime in.

Overall, if you prefer a thicker sidewall, you're technically going to get less with that recommendation, albeit with a wider tire by .78 inches (20mm).

I finally got my first set of titanium lug nuts, and wow, these are seriously lightweight. I got envious of those sporting titanium lug nuts with that burnt neo chrome look. But, I didn't want to splurge on the Unplugged Performance ones due to cost and the length of them given the seating of my wheels.

I found some on ebay and took a chance on them after doing some research on the company since I hadn't heard of them before. I'm glad I did, because these are totally worth it. Here's a link to their site: CPRRACINGUSA

Here's a youtube video review I found:

It looks like they may be sourcing them from the same manufacturer overseas as the EVS tuning ones because they look nearly identical according to the photos. I highly recommend these to anyone looking to score a good value on titanium lug nuts.

IMG_20200723_172553.jpg
IMG_20200723_172650.jpg
IMG_20200723_145102.jpg

Here's a comparison shot with muteki ones, which is a very common design too.

IMG_20200723_145118.jpg

Here they are on the wheels
IMG_20200723_193707.jpg
IMG_20200723_193857.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure if it's the aftermarket you're looking for but I got the 20" Wheel & tire package from the Tesla Shop. Love em. They completely changed the look of the car (I used to have the Aero wheels).

well the title of the thread does say aftermarket :p. But you’re right....the oem 20’s def change the look!! Curious why you didn’t just go aftermarket though? For the price Tesla charges....you could have even gone with an aftermarket lightweight forged monoblock.

Reactions: tslm3
well the title of the thread does say aftermarket :p. But you’re right....the oem 20’s def change the look!! Curious why you didn’t just go aftermarket though? For the price Tesla charges....you could have even gone with an aftermarket lightweight forged monoblock.
I know I know. a part of me is sad thinking about all the awesome aftermarket options i forwent. and call me crazy but i just wanted to stick with the Tesla brand for warranty reasons. i plan on keeping this car many years if possible and i want everything to remain under warranty as much as possible. i'm coming from a volkswagen gti that I owned for 10 years so i kind of learned the importance of warranty those years 5-7 of owning the car. i know it sounds crazy but i didn't want them potentially voiding any aspect of my warranty in the future if i need repairs because i got aftermarket wheels you know? soo, i did my research and went with the best Tesla option I could find. I was in between the silver and the dark finishes (I could have bought a set somewhere other than Tesla) but ultimately liked the silver better with my blue and white combo. i kind of have a blue/silver/white thing going on between the wheels/calipers/chrometrim/andveryvisibleinterior. i know a lot of people do chrome delete, and i would too 9/10, but again, in my case, i just think it looks good. sorry got off topic lol. but ya, that's why i chose the 20" Tesla shop wheels. My second choice were the Zero-G referral wheels (which I was looking at on ebay) but I just liked the ones I got just a smidgeon more.

I know I know. a part of me is sad thinking about all the awesome aftermarket options i forwent. and call me crazy but i just wanted to stick with the Tesla brand for warranty reasons. i plan on keeping this car many years if possible and i want everything to remain under warranty as much as possible. i'm coming from a volkswagen gti that I owned for 10 years so i kind of learned the importance of warranty those years 5-7 of owning the car. i know it sounds crazy but i didn't want them potentially voiding any aspect of my warranty in the future if i need repairs because i got aftermarket wheels you know? soo, i did my research and went with the best Tesla option I could find. I was in between the silver and the dark finishes (I could have bought a set somewhere other than Tesla) but ultimately liked the silver better with my blue and white combo. i kind of have a blue/silver/white thing going on between the wheels/calipers/chrometrim/andveryvisibleinterior. i know a lot of people do chrome delete, and i would too 9/10, but again, in my case, i just think it looks good. sorry got off topic lol. but ya, that's why i chose the 20" Tesla shop wheels. My second choice were the Zero-G referral wheels (which I was looking at on ebay) but I just liked the ones I got just a smidgeon more.

Wheels won't invalidate your warranty unless you're using big spacers or something ridiculously negligent, Tesla has to prove that the aftermarket mod directly led to component failure to say something isn't covered by warranty.