Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@Nichigo
Looks really great! Beefy tyres, I like it! :D
I don't know if you already have this or not, but if you get the MPP rear camber arms and get it aligned properly you might not need any rear spacers. The difference is mainly there because the Model 3 has more rear camber than front camber. For normal street driving you'd want that positive rear camber to be less anyway for better tyre wear and better traction as well.

I have the MPP rear camber arms too and after getting it aligned I now have to reduce the rear spacers to get the rear wheels flush again.

Wheels: Diamond Black Volk TE37SLs 18x9.5 +22
Tires: Dunlop Signature HP 255/40/18
No rubbing...may even throw on a 5mm spacer in the rear cuz it's a tad sunk compared to the front. Lowered 2" on MPP Comforts.

More pics :D

IMG-1064.jpg

IMG-1065.jpg

IMG-1070.jpg

IMG-1071.jpg

IMG-1072.jpg

IMG-1074.jpg

This is the best I've seen somebody pull of 18s on Model 3.

• Love
Reactions: Nichigo
@Nichigo
Looks really great! Beefy tyres, I like it! :D
I don't know if you already have this or not, but if you get the MPP rear camber arms and get it aligned properly you might not need any rear spacers. The difference is mainly there because the Model 3 has more rear camber than front camber. For normal street driving you'd want that positive rear camber to be less anyway for better tyre wear and better traction as well.

I have the MPP rear camber arms too and after getting it aligned I now have to reduce the rear spacers to get the rear wheels flush again.

I did not know that...thanks for the info! Was having a hard time figuring out the next mod, and now I have something to add to the list haha!

@Nichigo is your Model 3 LR or P? Looks good man!

Neither. SR+...I'm in this game for lowest cost of ownership (except for the mods LOL)

Starting to sound like a broken record but has anyone downsized from stock 235/35r20 to 245/40r19 at stock M3P ride height? If so any idea whether it will look okay? The 19s actually have a slightly larger circumstance overall. Thanks.

Your overall diameter will increase slightly (+0.8%), so no issues there. You're going to to get a little more sidewall so the ride should be more comfortable. Will it look okay? That's a personal preference. 20s with lower profile tires are going to look better imo.

• Love
Reactions: clerks
Wheels: Diamond Black Volk TE37SLs 18x9.5 +22
Tires: Dunlop Signature HP 255/40/18
No rubbing...may even throw on a 5mm spacer in the rear cuz it's a tad sunk compared to the front. Lowered 2" on MPP Comforts.

More pics :D

IMG-1064.jpg

IMG-1065.jpg

IMG-1070.jpg

IMG-1071.jpg

IMG-1072.jpg

IMG-1074.jpg

You finally got the wheels. They look great just need some center caps finish them off. Who did you end up ordering them from? Also why not 265/40? That's what I have on my 18×9 5 TE's.

You finally got the wheels. They look great just need some center caps finish them off. Who did you end up ordering them from? Also why not 265/40? That's what I have on my 18×9 5 TE's.

Yeah finally - thanks for all the help with sizing/boring, etc...huge help man. Def will get centercaps if I can find color matched flat ones. I ended up ordering from Evasive Motorsports...they were able to get the wheels to me in 2 days...plus I'm really comfortable with them as I bought alot of stuff from them for my previous car (S2000). I thought about 265s, but wasn't 100% sure how the fitment would be with the +22's...so went a little more conservative on the tires. The 255's look alot better than I expected though and with minimal stretch. I might upsize in the future.

Your overall diameter will increase slightly (+0.8%), so no issues there. You're going to to get a little more sidewall so the ride should be more comfortable. Will it look okay? That's a personal preference. 20s with lower profile tires are going to look better imo.
Thanks. Agree the lower profile tires will look better overall but trying to balance concerns over rim and wheel damage running that tire size in Pittsburgh year round. We don’t get a lot of snow but the roads are crap.

Reactions: MODEL+
You have to run a smaller sidewall ratio with a wider tire in the back, as the sidewall height is a function of tire width * sidewall ratio. e.g. a 235/35 and 265/30 have approximately the same overall diameter.

235/35/20 with a 275/30/20 is the same 26.5" rolling diameter.

Tire Size Calculator

Plus if you use the 235's front and 275's on the rear you can use Tesla Rated (T0) tyres...

Since Tesla rated tyres are wider than normal 235/275 (near on 245/285) you could easily go 9inch on the front (indeed Tesla have just changed to this on the new performance wheels) and 10 or even 10.5 on the rear.

Upside is you get all within Tesla spec...

• Informative
Reactions: aspec818
Starting to sound like a broken record but has anyone downsized from stock 235/35r20 to 245/40r19 at stock M3P ride height? If so any idea whether it will look okay? The 19s actually have a slightly larger circumstance overall. Thanks.
No longer at stock ride height, but I did switch with those exact specs. If you're talking strictly about looks, the taller sidewall of the 245/40 tire can make the 19s look even smaller, since you're (probably) aiming for the stock 20 overall diameter. The gap arguably looks worse, since it's now filled with less wheel (depending on tastes). Personally, I like the appearance of 20s, but I made other considerations which resulted in 19s.

There's enough tire, suspension travel, spring and damping for rough roads, though you'll damage a wheel and tire with any setup, if you're unlucky. Try to balance as best as you can and live a little.

1.png
2.png

The gap arguably looks worse, since it's now filled with less wheel (depending on tastes). Personally, I like the appearance of 20s, but I made other considerations which resulted in 19s.

There's enough tire, suspension travel, spring and damping for rough roads, though you'll damage a wheel and tire with any setup, if you're unlucky. Try to balance as best as you can and live a little.
View attachment 635668 View attachment 635669

Your car looks GREAT!!! I honestly prefer beefy tires and have disdain for the tiny, stretched sidewalls everyone else seems to like... Don't think the wheels look small or the gap is bad. Frankly, you've changed my mind about going larger than 18" being an automatic "nope".