Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think what you mean is that if you see compressed as neutral this will appear to the modestly sophisticated as stretched. Unfortunately, there are lots of folks with minimal sophistication buying the idea that these mounting situations involve stretching the tire which lots of folks believe is bad news (and to be clear severe stretching is definitely bad news but modest stretching has been used for a long time in the autocross Community). So unfortunately even though you're not trying to contribute to misinformation this kind of statement inadvertently does just that.
Okay, i'll revise it to say, that it could give the appearance of a slight stretch in my opinion.

Reactions: dfwatt
For that price I think evannex is offering forged versions of the zero-g wheels for the same price as Tesla. They've been hyped by Tesla and they frankly in my estimation are a disappointment. Very heavy and not much stronger than the stock OEM rims if any more durable at all.
Thanks!

What about HRE FlowForm FF10 vs FF11 vs FF01 vs Vorsteiner V-FF 107? All of these look like a better option that Zero G?

Thanks!

What about HRE FlowForm FF10 vs FF11 vs FF01 vs Vorsteiner V-FF 107? All of these look like a better option that Zero G?
Not super familiar with the hre wheels but I hear good things about them. We have the vorsteiner and they are high quality. But once again for that price ($600-700 a corner) you can get forged. We have VS forged on my car and vorsteiner on my wife's car. VS forged are identical size but about five to six pounds lighter a corner. However, a long wait to get them due to covid. Used to be six to eight weeks now more like 10 to 12 weeks. But worth it in my estimation.

Attachments

• 3898.jpg
    3898.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 516
  • 20200929_150233.jpg
    20200929_150233.jpg
    525.9 KB · Views: 242
I'm looking for wheels to go on a 21 Model 3 Performance. I'm torn between Vossen and Titan7. I want black wheels and I like a more simple and open spoke design. I have a budget around $3000 for the wheels. I found the Vossen HF5 in a 20x9 square configuration at $2800 and a 19x9 Titan7 T-S5 also for $2800. I'm not really concerned with optimal miles per charge but also still aware of it. I think I like the way a 20" wheel looks on the car. I couldn't find the Titan7 wheels in black at 20" either. Is the better buy the 19" Titan7's due to being a real forged wheel and a larger weight savings (47.2 lbs. savings vs stock)? Or do you feel the difference negligible with the Vossen's being 20" and they come in gloss black (which I think I like more) vs a machine black on the TItan7's with a weight savings of only 16 lbs.??? Sometimes other opinions help in these situations. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Stock Uberturbine20"9"32 lbs.Cast
Vossen HF520"9"28 lbs.Flow Form
Titan7 T-S519"9"20.2 lbs.Forged

Vossen HF5​
Titan7 T-S5​
1632665564065.png
1632665513626.png
1632666024889.png
1632666314161.png

I'm looking for wheels to go on a 21 Model 3 Performance. I'm torn between Vossen and Titan7. I want black wheels and I like a more simple and open spoke design. I have a budget around $3000 for the wheels. I found the Vossen HF5 in a 20x9 square configuration at $2800 and a 19x9 Titan7 T-S5 also for $2800. I'm not really concerned with optimal miles per charge but also still aware of it. I think I like the way a 20" wheel looks on the car. I couldn't find the Titan7 wheels in black at 20" either. Is the better buy the 19" Titan7's due to being a real forged wheel and a larger weight savings (47.2 lbs. savings vs stock)? Or do you feel the difference negligible with the Vossen's being 20" and they come in gloss black (which I think I like more) vs a machine black on the TItan7's with a weight savings of only 16 lbs.??? Sometimes other opinions help in these situations. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thank you.

Stock Uberturbine20"9"32 lbs.Cast
Vossen HF520"9"28 lbs.Flow Form
Titan7 T-S519"9"20.2 lbs.Forged

Signature SV104 - 20x9 at 20 lbs. Pricier than those options, but totally worth it.

58F33C74-B250-46A0-A111-30337952B949.jpeg

They are made in the same factory from what I've read and the wheel designs are pretty identical. There are threads about this in other forums about how Signature came into existence. I have no doubt there are plenty of happy Signature customers. I had BC Forged on my previous car and the op was asking for different options at a certain pricepoint.

Reactions: P-Lo801
They are made in the same factory from what I've read and the wheel designs are pretty identical. There are threads about this in other forums about how Signature came into existence. I have no doubt there are plenty of happy Signature customers. I had BC Forged on my previous car and the op was asking for different options at a certain pricepoint.

Yeah I actually did a relatively deep dive on researching their history. I learned that BC FORGED actually existed before Signature, and both source their wheels from the same factory in Taiwan. In fact, if you were to look at the designs they both offer, they're nearly identical with the exception of a tad of variance between them (eg SV104 and RZ21).

Signature is definitely much better in marketing as evidenced by their popularity here on TMC. But, like with any vendors on community forums, the perception that Signature dominates the market exists in a vacuum. If you were to search BC FORGED vs Signature, there exists other car enthusiast forums that BC seemingly dominates and has market share of, the same way Signature does here. But, no doubt Signature has a clear knack for marketing via social media.

That said, I mulled over my decision between BC and Signature for months, before I ultimately landed on BC. The main selling point for me was that there were several reputable online vendors that sell BC, whereas Signature seemingly prefers direct marketing sales. And, I had the option to finance it, which is always a plus. No doubt though that most people looking for forged wheels probably are not looking to finance it like I was.

Here are street view photos of my BC FORGED RZ21 in 19x9 +33/24 staggered offsets. They came in at a featherweight of 19.6lbs INCLUDING the valve stems and center caps. I got them from Danny @MODEL+ for 3.4k SHIPPED, and they were delivered in literally three and a half weeks after I ordered them. I absolutely love them, and I'm happy to share this info so that people know there are other options for premium forged wheels other than Signature on these forums. More options and competition between vendors only benefits us as consumers.

Attachments

• received_550589722875611.jpeg
    received_550589722875611.jpeg
    323.6 KB · Views: 476
  • received_316241296940243.jpeg
    received_316241296940243.jpeg
    416.6 KB · Views: 464
Yeah I actually did a relatively deep dive on researching their history. I learned that BC FORGED actually existed before Signature, and both source their wheels from the same factory in Taiwan. In fact, if you were to look at the designs they both offer, they're nearly identical with the exception of a tad of variance between them (eg SV104 and RZ21).

Signature is definitely much better in marketing as evidenced by their popularity here on TMC. But, like with any vendors on community forums, the perception that Signature dominates the market exists in a vacuum. If you were to search BC FORGED vs Signature, there exists other car enthusiast forums that BC seemingly dominates and has market share of, the same way Signature does here. But, no doubt Signature has a clear knack for marketing via social media.

That said, I mulled over my decision between BC and Signature for months, before I ultimately landed on BC. The main selling point for me was that there were several reputable online vendors that sell BC, whereas Signature seemingly prefers direct marketing sales. And, I had the option to finance it, which is always a plus. No doubt though that most people looking for forged wheels probably are not looking to finance it like I was.

Here are street view photos of my BC FORGED RZ21 in 19x9 +33/24 staggered offsets. They came in at a featherweight of 19.6lbs INCLUDING the valve stems and center caps. I got them from Danny @MODEL+ for 3.4k SHIPPED, and they were delivered in literally three and a half weeks after I ordered them. I absolutely love them, and I'm happy to share this info so that people know there are other options for premium forged wheels other than Signature on these forums. More options and competition between vendors only benefits us as consumers.
Thanks for sharing your specs with the community. You’ve totally confirmed I made the right choice. 👍

Last edited:
Reactions: dmd2005
Got my new wheels on and gave her a foam & rinse…

Signature SV104 20x9.5 Triple Black Tint with 255/35/20 PS4S.

View attachment 707775View attachment 707776
Got my new wheels on and gave her a foam & rinse…

Signature SV104 20x9.5 Triple Black Tint with 255/35/20 PS4S.

View attachment 707775View attachment 707776
This is the exact size that I’ve been looking for. What’s the offset if you don’t mind? Are those squared set up?

You got PM!

View attachment 713174

We have several sets of SBC Enkei NT03+M coming in... and taking pre-orders now.
18x9.5 +27.

*NOTE* These are for NON-Performance Model 3s only. Will not clear M3P rear calipers, sorry!

Please message for pricing and details.

Danny
I love the look of these wheels! Is the SBC the finish? Is it something Enkei offers or is it done by you? I see on their website that they list F1 silver and hyper black but the silver does not look quite like what you posted.

The signature wheels do look awesome, but the business model seems to be keeping offset a secret. :rolleyes:
They’re not a secret, but no custom wheel vendor here is likely to post the fitments they’ve taken time & effort to measure & test for, just so some other company can skip some R&D. I’ve seen it said by at least one other vendor here.

Send @SignatureWheel a DM and I’m sure Jamie will be happy to discuss offsets for the wheels you’d like to order.