Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Didn't get a chance to clean the car and take some proper pictures. But some quick snaps with the phone camera

Brixton RF7 Satin Anthracite with Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+
20×9 +35 (26.2 lbs) on 245/35R20
20×10.5 +40 (27.4 lbs) on 285/30R20

View attachment 404521
View attachment 404522
View attachment 404523

That SERIOUSLY doesn't look like anthracite. The below is anthracite.
BF_RF7_SatinAnthracite.jpg

When I first opened it, I thought it was maybe satin black myself. But closer inspection, it's definitely not black. I did take the pictures on a very overcast day as it's been pretty overcast in Southern CA the past 2 weeks. I ordered satin anthracite originally based on above picture on various sites; however, I started having second thoughts if it was maybe a bit too light with my chrome delete and I thought about switching my order to satin black. I did double check the box, and it says satin anthracite, so unless someone in China royally screwed up the color palette...lol. Personally, I think whoever Brixton's digital picture editor was, probably over did the lighting effect so that the wheel definition and details show, and so the pictures look much lighter than the actual product (same with the satin black). I remember BMW's Mustard Yellow M3 was completely different in their marketing materials compared to the actual car color.

Brixton RF7 colors.jpg

Perhaps @EVS Motors can confirm with their inventory batch?

Also, the interesting thing is that my invoice from Brixton lists the RF7s finish as satin gunmetal. The picture of the sample/prototype RF7 they sent me had a label on it as forged charcoal. Between satin anthracite, satin gunmetal, forged charcoal, I asked the sales guy at Brixton what color was it. Didn't get a straight answer, something along the lines of forged charcoal was the name the coating company used, satin gunmetal was their internal color name they used, and their marketing department wanted to go by satin anthracite. I was fine with any of it, so I just rolled the dice on it.

Anyways, I'm pretty happy that it turned out darker than the original online pictures since I was considering switching to satin black even though I didn't want a completely black set of wheels for myself. Once it gets sunny again, I'll try to take some pictures in direct sunlight. It may be awhile since it seems like it's going to be gloomy weather in SoCal for awhile.

Last edited:
Also, I think if you zoom into the pictures that @EVS Motors posted of the RF7's, the first picture with the 2 on the chairs, I believe the one on the left is satin anthracite. And the picture with the wheel on the scale, that's a satin anthracite wheel as well.
Yeah it must be the lighting for the ad you posted. The satin black doesn’t look black at all. That’s why we need pics before buying lol

The 2 finishes are really hard to distinguish in pictures but as mentioned above, the one on the left chair is satin anthracite and the right is satin black.

In person the two finishes are a little easier to distinguish.

BTW, I have 2 satin blacks left and 3 satin anthracite left as part of our sale. Once I run out, the sale is officially over.

Only 1 set of Zara Gray Vorsteiner VFF-109 left. Once this sells out, that'll conclude the sale. Please pm me to secure the last set and to learn about the savings.

Sold out on the Vorsteiner VFF-109 in carbon graphite, but have 3 Zara Gray sets remaining. PM me for pricing.

Vorsteiner VFF-109
20x9 / 20x10.5
Finish: Zara Gray

Here's what they look like. Courtesy of TeeWrecks:
2e40f4b4-5cf7-4542-aaa9-2510fe5af383-jpeg.393838
3d6f4ff1-d61d-44ea-be6f-41966df454c0-jpeg.393837
c0dfd8a9-f0d2-4a47-a0ee-0c05ba104822-jpeg.393835
09d3e498-41a6-422e-af4b-b6c2d1d0cc18-jpeg.393833

That’s why we need pics before buying lol

Yeah, but even then, lighting and white balance is such a big factor when it comes to color accuracy in pictures. Nothing beats checking them out in person of course. But I actually think the pictures that EVS Motors posted are pretty accurate.

Check out the picture Brixton sent me of the RF7 in satin anthracite prior to availability

IMG_9518.JPG

Last edited:
I've posted elsewhere, but might as well post in this thread.
Signature SV103 19X9.5+34, brushed bronze tint:
View attachment 406153

Early morning shot right before swapping wheels and hitting the track, so pardon the lighting.

Nice choice of color. I ordered Sig SV107 in the same brushed bronze tinted, but opted for color-matched centercaps.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
Nice choice of color. I ordered Sig SV107 in the same brushed bronze tinted, but opted for color-matched centercaps.

Thanks! The SV107s will look good in the brushed bronze. A nearby owner has them in crystal burgundy, and while not my color preference, they sure do stand out and attract attention.

I didn't realize until it was too late that I needed to specify to have the centercaps color-matched... Still looks good, but would have preferred color matched.

• Informative
Reactions: dmd2005
Thanks! The SV107s will look good in the brushed bronze. A nearby owner has them in crystal burgundy, and while not my color preference, they sure do stand out and attract attention.

I didn't realize until it was too late that I needed to specify to have the centercaps color-matched... Still looks good, but would have preferred color matched.

It was a tough choice between the triple black tinted, gunmetal, and the brushed bronze tinted, but after seeing the bronze on your 3, I think I made a good decision even though my car is red.

It was a tough choice between the triple black tinted, gunmetal, and the brushed bronze tinted, but after seeing the bronze on your 3, I think I made a good decision even though my car is red.

I hear you. I looked at hundreds of photos of the Signature wheels on the Bimmer, Audi, and Mustang forums before I settled on the brushed bronze. I think it was actually a red car with the brushed bronzed color that finally sold me on it, so it's definitely going to look nice on yours.

Yeah, but even then, lighting and white balance is such a big factor when it comes to color accuracy in pictures. Nothing beats checking them out in person of course. But I actually think the pictures that EVS Motors posted are pretty accurate.

Check out the picture Brixton sent me of the RF7 in satin anthracite prior to availability

View attachment 406252

What color is on the left of it?

Seems I saw a bunch of Model S vehicles with staggard wheels, yet I have not heard ANYONE putting them on their Model 3. Some 10" wide wheels should fit on the back, and I can keep my Aero rims for Snow tires. Am I the only one who wants to treat my 3 as a cheap S that doesn't overheat when racing?

-Randy

Has anyone got a quote on the cost to get a replacement set of the OEM Michelin tires? Do you have to buy them from Tesla or do the tire stores sell them?

It would be helpful if we eventually see some data on how alternate tires may affect range, noise, grip, etc. At the moment there isn’t much data out there, presumably because the car hasn’t been out long enough for that many people to need replacements.