Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was thinking about getting 9.5 up front. What’s the ideal offset for putting 9.5 up front without getting too close to the inside and not sticking out too much on the outside.

Is that with or without performance brakes and their thinner rotor hat (which gives you a more inset wheel)? You could probably do 35 with the performance brakes but perhaps one of the track guys (many are running 19x9.5) can confirm.

Well, I’ll know in 3 weeks if 20x9.5 with +35 is too wide in the front as I have a set of Sig wheels on order.

I think the confusion is due to performance vs non-performance brakes. I have tried my prior wheels (via adapter) to the effective 19x9 +32 (255-wide tire) and I think it sticks out when looked at from the front (on performance rotor). I'm pretty sure the 9.5-wide +35 offset wheel would be worse (by ~3mm)

18x9.5 +35 Konig Hypergram
265/40-18 Hankook Ventus R-S4

Got them for track use. Fits with no issue on P3D+
Could you please post a view from the front looking down on the tire? I bet it sticks out a few mm.

Last edited:
Just got my new wheels/tires. I plan on doing a ceramic coat (geyon rim). Do I need to do much prep besides an ipa first? I’ve done my car before but obviously the car had seen “life” before and got the works. Not sure if needed for a perfectly new rim.

Plan was carpro eraser all over and then the rim coating

For those running 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rears, what tires and sizes are you guys running and how has it affected your range?

I have 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-acoustics and the energy usage is about 330 Wh/mile. These are on my VS Forged wheels.

I also have a set of square 20x9 Signature wheels with 255/35/20 Yokohama Advan V105S and get the same energy usage on daily driving at 330 Wh/mile.

Compared to the stock 20” Tesla Performance wheels and Michelins, I was getting about 310 Wh/mile with a similar driving style.

• Informative
Reactions: MakeUSGreat
I have 245/35/20 and 285/30/20 Michelin Pilot Sport 4S non-acoustics and the energy usage is about 330 Wh/mile. These are on my VS Forged wheels.

I also have a set of square 20x9 Signature wheels with 255/35/20 Yokohama Advan V105S and get the same energy usage on daily driving at 330 Wh/mile.

Compared to the stock 20” Tesla Performance wheels and Michelins, I was getting about 310 Wh/mile with a similar driving style.

Nice, thanks for the comparison. Thinking about picking up a set of HRE FF and not sure which tire size to go with.

For those running 20x9 front and 20x10.5 rears, what tires and sizes are you guys running and how has it affected your range?

I know mine are different width wheels. But just wanted to add another data point. My VS forged are 20x8.5 +28 20x10 +35 with 235/35 275/30 tesla spec ps4s tires. Just did an 1800 mile road trip. I ended up my trip 20 wh/mile better than what abetterroutplanner said I should be averaging with stock 20’s. I didn’t run my stock setup very long...so abrp is my only reference for sustained speeds at 80mph.

I know mine are different width wheels. But just wanted to add another data point. My VS forged are 20x8.5 +28 20x10 +35 with 235/35 275/30 tesla spec ps4s tires. Just did an 1800 mile road trip. I ended up my trip 20 wh/mile better than what abetterroutplanner said I should be averaging with stock 20’s. I didn’t run my stock setup very long...so abrp is my only reference for sustained speeds at 80mph.
Height plays a role as well, may be worth including if you're lowered.

Here's my summer setup. Sorry, it took so long.

Avant Garde M590 Matte Kingsport Graphite
20x8.5 +30 front and 20x10 +40 rear
235/35r20 front and 275/30r20 rear Michelin Pilot Sport 4S
Unplugged Milds Springs for the Model 3 Performance

Thanks to Jason Tung from Getyourwheels.com for helping with the setup.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c3a9.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_2c3a8.jpg

View attachment 426001 View attachment 426000
What a great looking setup.

I have a white LR M3 and am going with these wheels as well, but with the brushed bronze finish. Trying to decide on which springs to go with...been leaning toward the TSportline 1”.

Reactions: macgeng
This tire only came out in late March, 2019, but is anybody eyeballing the Bridgestone Turanza QuietTrack? If it lives up to it's billing, it meats my needs for quiet and smooth ride. The only problem is that so far it doesn't appear that Bridgestone is making the size for the Model 3. Boooooooo!!!!!

Reactions: Misterbee
New Daily Driver

T Sportline TSS 19x85 Flow Forged in Matte Black on factory Continental 235/40-19 TO tires.

Nothing to do with wheels but in case anyone is interested:
Lowered on T Sportline Sport Springs.
Wrapped in 3M Satin Flip Psychedelic vinyl.
3M Gloss Black Chrome Delete.
3M Crystalline Window Tint 70% Winshield / 40% Doors / 40% Rear *keep in mind I took pics on a semi-cloudy OC day.
Highlighter Green Painted Calipers.
T Sportline Executive Gloss Carbon Fiber Sport Wing.

IMG_4688.JPG

IMG_4686.JPG

Ah gotcha. HRE recommended that I run 255/30/20 front and 275/30/20 rear on their 20x9.5 and 20x10.5 M3 setup. Just ordered coilovers from unplugged which I will run more or less their low spring height. Wonder how greatly that would affect the range, but your setup gives me a great general idea more or less. thanks!

View attachment 426001 View attachment 426000

I like your setup and was actually looking at AG wheels and lowering the car. If you don't mind, a few questions?

I see you say you have Unplugged "milds". However, on UP's web site for the M3 Performance/PUP I only see the "UP Super Performance" option to select. Did you get springs for a non-Performance and use them? I'm a bit confused because I want to lower my M3P but I don't want to make the ride a lot stiffer (nor do I want the rear end to optically look lower than the front). Your setup looks about right to me.

As for the AG wheels, I'm assuming they bored out the part to accommodate the rotors on the M3P? Also, how does the offset look from the front/back, ie how flush are they to the sides?

Thanks for your help! Your car looks great.