Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Aggressive Behaviour towards EV's

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anybody else noticed some other drivers getting very aggressive towards EV's, mainly utes and trucks trying to roll coal on you or just cutting you off.
potentially thanks to FSD... as Tesla regularly leave large gaps, change lane super slow, do phantom breaking... after 1 or 2 bad experience other drivers start building opinion about Tesla cars.

Noticed it with my M3 and MY both.... can't blame them for shortcomings of FSD.

there may also some simple haters or jealous kinds as other mentioned.

Had the weirdest ev rage the other day.

I was charging my car late at night. As I go back to the road, I see a work van coming. I wait and let it pass before I pull out, as theres roadworks and im not in any rush.

Traffic is down to one lane. There's an 18-wheeler, this van, and then me, and I'm keeping back around 2-3 cars distance as its an empty road and I'm relaxing.

Turns out this person was going to almost the same destination as me, so I'm following them for around 15 minutes, before they turn off. However, when they start to turn off, they shout and start throwing wanker signs out the window, and then have to emergency break as they almost mount the curb and hit a pole.

At this point im about 5 cars back, behind them in the opposite lane.

Totally out of nowhere. We're the only 2 vehicles on the road.

I watched the dashcam footage back and cant see any reason why they would be so pissed off. Ironically, I have it all on camera, with their face, in their logoed work van for the company they own, almost hitting the pole so they can flick me off haha.

So strange.

Had the weirdest ev rage the other day.

I was charging my car late at night. As I go back to the road, I see a work van coming. I wait and let it pass before I pull out, as theres roadworks and im not in any rush.

Traffic is down to one lane. There's an 18-wheeler, this van, and then me, and I'm keeping back around 2-3 cars distance as its an empty road and I'm relaxing.

Turns out this person was going to almost the same destination as me, so I'm following them for around 15 minutes, before they turn off. However, when they start to turn off, they shout and start throwing wanker signs out the window, and then have to emergency break as they almost mount the curb and hit a pole.

At this point im about 5 cars back, behind them in the opposite lane.

Totally out of nowhere. We're the only 2 vehicles on the road.

I watched the dashcam footage back and cant see any reason why they would be so pissed off. Ironically, I have it all on camera, with their face, in their logoed work van for the company they own, almost hitting the pole so they can flick me off haha.

So strange.
probably passive aggresive drunk people, scared to death that you are chasing them on road with only two of you existing... Tesla keeps weirdly random distance sometimes (shorter than 2 cars then back to almost 3 cars or 5 when someone speeding up, right after like chasing them - speeding up and get to 2 cars) which would freaks out people and ask for such behaviour.

been there, brushed it off before...

probably passive aggresive drunk people, scared to death that you are chasing them on road with only two of you existing... Tesla keeps weirdly random distance sometimes (shorter than 2 cars then back to almost 3 cars or 5 when someone speeding up, right after like chasing them - speeding up and get to 2 cars) which would freaks out people and ask for such behaviour.

been there, brushed it off before...
Oh this was just me driving manually, super chilled.

I do think there was something going on with the guy though. At one point he kept trying to overtake the 18-wheeler, even though it was just one lane and cones, with traffic coming on the other side of the cones.

This has been doing the rounds today.

I will never let a Ford Wanjir blow me off in the traffic light Grand Prix, due to health concerns.
This has resulted on occasion with their bushbar getting stuck to the magnets on the back of the Tesla.
Luckily this is only ever a transient thing :)

In the clip quoted above, as with ALL Tesla clips, there will be more than meets the eye...

they shout and start throwing wanker signs out the window,
I have a good friend who lives outside Auckland NZ, he’s in SoCal couple times a month. Pretty sure I know what a wanker is but I’ve never heard that before. Love it!

In SoCal, Tesla’s may outnumber other brands of cars on the highway. I think we’re safe.

Last edited:
Near Taupo, I had a guy in a late model Holden Commodore with a plate like “562kW” prevent me from overtaking. He would drive at 80kph in the 100kph zone and then speed up and change lanes in front of me in the 2-lane zone. Presumably some childish fear of EVs, or possibly some embarrassing loss of power (as if).

It was tempting to test the acceleration of his crappy Holden with my mere 210kW RWD Model 3, but my partner suggested restraint.

Reactions: Miggy
Near Taupo, I had a guy in a late model Holden Commodore with a plate like “562kW” prevent me from overtaking. He would drive at 80kph in the 100kph zone and then speed up and change lanes in front of me in the 2-lane zone. Presumably some childish fear of EVs, or possibly some embarrassing loss of power (as if).

It was tempting to test the acceleration of his crappy Holden with my mere 210kW RWD Model 3, but my partner suggested restraint.
I won’t bring my Tesla to Auckland then. 🥺
IMG_0769.jpeg