Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
901x assigned today. Still shows the original config though!

yesterday, assigned 914X. when i saw that my design specs only included the SAS upgrade, i contacted the inside sales guy that originally contacted me about upgrading to SAS. he said he'd forward on my issue and my design spec was updated within 3 hours. now all 3 changes (SAS, 22" wheels, and accessory hitch) have been added.

• Helpful
Reactions: Diavel and MikeC
Yup. My design spec updated too. But only SAS is added. Other changes did not make it..... yet.

Same here. SAS updated but not one additional change that I made.

Yup. Changes reflected but like others, no other changes made.

Mine shows SAS upgrade of 1,250 but not the full tow upgrade, only what I originally ordered, the $200 accessory hitch

Same here.. Mine shows SAS upgrade but not Tow package I added on 5/9/2016.. No VIN yet

75D, confirmed in Dec 2015, originally reserved on 2/20/14 (7xxx). Upgraded to SAS, and made a couple of other changes as well. No VIN yet, and don't see the changes other than SAS yet!

Where do you guys see the VIN if it is available? In the PDF, or on the main page?

I upgraded to SAS a few weeks back and see I now have a VIN as well (85XX). Oddly, the design spec still displays the original configuration. Either way, I'm just happy to see the wheels are finally in motion...here's to hoping for a July delivery!

See above post.

Reactions: Diavel
just got an email with a MVPA
NIXKgaQ.png

Reactions: mlouie23
Update : as of this morning, myTesla is completely up to date with all applicable changes on config and pricing. I had figured ash which was an upgrade $750 option, now I chose matte Obeche and Tesla removed the $750 while giving lowered pricing on SAS and towing. We got a very good deal people, 75D gratis, new price book for trim, while lowered prices for SAS, and no penalty for changes. Yes the wait has been long but the ~5k savings isn't hurting.

Last edited:
I am probably one of the few that didn't go for the SAS upgrade... still no VIN for me but I'm happy to see 75Ds on the production queue with delivery dates.

Seems like just you and me! I didn't go for the upgrade either, i've got enough maintenance things to worry about with the FWD... given what we read about coil, my wife wouldn't go for the SAS thinks coil will be just fine for us.

Seems like just you and me! I didn't go for the upgrade either, i've got enough maintenance things to worry about with the FWD... given what we read about coil, my wife wouldn't go for the SAS thinks coil will be just fine for us.
Glad to see some coil support. Perhaps someone should start a "coil thread" to track progress with coil orders? I am coils and 5 seats..the wait continues. Yes, it is good to see 75D getting VINs and delivery dates.

Reactions: MarkoC
We also skipped the SAS upgrade offer. Having owned a number of air suspension equipped vehicles I have learned my lesson. Costly repairs and handling that can feel a bit "wallowy" have turned me off this suspension design. it is great for towing however as load-leveling is very handy to have. if I remember right it cost me $1,850 per corner to replace both front air struts on our w211 Mercedes Benz E 55 AMG wagon.

Reactions: Diavel and beths11