Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my VIN as well - 088xx same as others.

Strangely, the design specs is still not showing SAS upgrade (or accessory hitch). They must have it in their system though otherwise I highly doubt I would have been assigned a VIN. Any others still not seeing the SAS option reflected on their design specs?

I have my VIN as well - 088xx same as others.

Strangely, the design specs is still not showing SAS upgrade (or accessory hitch). They must have it in their system though otherwise I highly doubt I would have been assigned a VIN. Any others still not seeing the SAS option reflected on their design specs?
Mine shows SAS upgrade of 1,250 but not the full tow upgrade, only what I originally ordered, the $200 accessory hitch

My updates were finalized on 5/13. I took some time to decide on the exterior and interior color and trim alongside SAS +Towing. I was also one of the later ones to be called, I am not sure why since I have reserved and confirmed before some of you who got called for SAS and now have a VIN. I am also in SoCal. Anyhow stating this out of curiosity, it won't matter in the end since Tesla will batch hundreds of 75Ds a week and all our X75Ds will be done in 1-2 weeks at most. I think I'll get my VIN assigned on Friday.

Heh, I highly doubt that. I've had my VIN since mid-April, and my car isn't scheduled to hit production until June. It just means that Tesla has you in the actual queue for production, and likely that they have at least ordered all of the parts for your car.

It definitely used to mean that for the Model S a few years ago. Could be different now.

It definitely used to mean that for the Model S a few years ago. Could be different now.
If it ever meant that, it's probably because the steps were so close together that discriminating didn't matter. As we've seen from so many reports, each stage of X production and delivery can be extremely elastic. Live in CA and can take delivery to meet quarterly numbers? We might be able to get you a car in two weeks! Except when they can't, and it takes two to three months!