Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Air Suspension now a requirement for 6/7 seats? What about 75D orders?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I do not have the "final paperwork being processed" under my registration section maybe because I didn't input my insurance policy number. I added it now but since the policy info wasn't added I'm guessing that's why. I do not have a vin yet. Under the financing/leasing section, it seems to have confirmed our choice and no longer offers the choice to change. @K-MTG you upgraded to a 90D? Do you have a VIN?
FYI I have insurance information added in there for about a month now. So I think the Sunshade captain is actually closer to production and therefore sees a different verbiage.

Ahh OK. I don't think I see this. It seems the D-day for the Sunshade captain is near!!!

You have a VIN assigned, right? Sorry I don't know how to see Signatures on the mobile version of TMC(in case you have it listed already in your signature). Is their a way without shifting to " desktop version "?

Yea, I have a VIN 57xx but I had that notice for like 4 weeks and I paid 3 weeks ago. Was promised mid-April now it is Mid-May but apparently I was told that my X is scheduled for production next week.

I do not have the "final paperwork being processed" under my registration section maybe because I didn't input my insurance policy number. I added it now but since the policy info wasn't added I'm guessing that's why. I do not have a vin yet. Under the financing/leasing section, it seems to have confirmed our choice and no longer offers the choice to change. @K-MTG you upgraded to a 90D? Do you have a VIN?

Yup, upgraded to the 90D.

This is what I was referring to:
Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 3.56.17 PM.png

Interesting... View Page Source to find the hidden estimated delivery options now show July as the earliest date available... still no VIN assigned.

Just noticed mine says June, that better not be right:
Screen Shot 2016-05-01 at 3.56.53 PM.png

@K-MTG and others I asked my friend who knows how to code and he says that these dates reference the website dropdown menu for people who place an order today, and not related to our or any one order. If you follow this link, click next, and see the delivery preference menu, the code only relates to this. Model X Design Studio | Tesla Motors The difference between K-MTG's date starting with June and mine starting with July is just that when the 90D option is selected on the design studio June is available and when the 75D order is chosen, it is not. Not sure about the strange start dates, but other dates to confirm would be nice.

Hopefully, K-MTG get's his in Mid may, Us 75D Holders get them In June :)

Last edited:
Mine shows 2016-06-06 as First Available Pickup Date in the View Page Source which corresponds to my DS asking me if I had any travel plans for June and the early June date makes sense since I was a Late April - Mid May delivery prior to 3rd row seat defects.

To my Tesla Forum amigos, someone from the similar thread posted this:

"We confirmed on 4/11 (VIN 672X) and now see the same thing [on the mytesla page] where there is no option to change. I spoke to our DS on Thu when we had our S in for service and she confirmed we were still looking at end of June. She said ours is scheduled for actual production at the end of May."

So take from this what you will, seems we are being grouped with newer 90D orders which is good I'd think. This person is in California. I have 2 long trips planned for the first week of July so I'm hoping to get my 75D by the end of June :p

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
I reviewed the source code, I'm sorry to be the party pooper and I really hope I am wrong but from what I saw, I would not get my hopes too high.
Again, I really really hope I am wrong, 'coz I too want to get my X sooner. Now give me some Dislikes on this reply :p

I reviewed the source code, I'm sorry to be the party pooper and I really hope I am wrong but from what I saw, I would not get my hopes too high.
Again, I really really hope I am wrong, 'coz I too want to get my X sooner. Now give me some Dislikes on this reply :p

Do you think the delivery will occur before or after the ETA on the source code

Yeah, I don't think the source code is telling us anything at this point. Locking the finance, etc options does imply something going on - though who knows if it's just web updates vs anything production related.

The main hope I'd have for June delivery for the 75's has little to do with the web updates. Tesla is still a public company and so will be trying to get as many X's delivered as possible by the end of Q2. With any luck, ours will get swept up in that. If not, it looks like maybe sometime in July.

For those of us on the east coast, I'd guess we have about 2 weeks to get issued VIN's in order to have any chance at June delivery. Hopefully the web update is an omen of VIN's to come. :)

Do you think the delivery will occur before or after the ETA on the source code
iMHO the source code is independent of deliveries. Bold snippets from code kind of give you an idea this whole set of dates is generic. The start date/first available date of 7/4/2016 is just a fixed date choice the developer/company chose. my 2 cents...

<p class="section-description hidden">Pickup options are not available now.</p></div><div class="column last"><fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-pdd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Preferred Delivery</h4><div><div class="form-item form-type-select form-item-date-dropdown">
<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="2016-07-04|first-available">First Available</option><option value="2016-07-04">July</option><option value="2016-08-01">August</option><option value="2016-09-01">September</option><option value="2016-10-01">October</option><option value="2016-11-01">November</option></select></span>
</div>

Reactions: beths11
iMHO the source code is independent of deliveries. Bold snippets from code kind of give you an idea this whole set of dates is generic. The start date/first available date of 7/4/2016 is just a fixed date choice the developer/company chose. my 2 cents...

<p class="section-description hidden">Pickup options are not available now.</p></div><div class="column last"><fieldset class="pickup-date pickup hidden form-wrapper" id="edit-pdd-date-fieldset"><div class="fieldset-wrapper"><h4 class="section-sub-header">Preferred Delivery</h4><div><div class="form-item form-type-select form-item-date-dropdown">
<span class="form-select-overlay"><select id="edit-date-dropdown" name="date_dropdown" class="form-select"><option value="2016-07-04|first-available">First Available</option><option value="2016-07-04">July</option><option value="2016-08-01">August</option><option value="2016-09-01">September</option><option value="2016-10-01">October</option><option value="2016-11-01">November</option></select></span>
</div>

My 90D shows June 6 as the first available date, I was promised mid-April now mid-May

My 90D shows June 6 as the first available date, I was promised mid-April now mid-May

See the snippet below from the Design Studio - does it make sense why its June for you (90D) vs July (75D) for me now? To reinforce my engineering-hat-opinion may I also point out the first Monday of June is June 6th whereas the first Monday of July is July 4th. You are shown June 6th as the first pickup date and I am shown July 4th. Howzzat ?? :D Its all generic code, let's hold our horses.

upload_2016-5-1_21-12-50.png