Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All American Car Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well it was just me on Sunday ably assisted by Peter (#LoneWolf313) representing Model 3 reservation holders.
Entry was a carbon copy of the last time, where I had trouble with the guy at the first entrance trying to wave me away. "This is an American car" I shouted and he let me through with an "Oh sorry mate".
Once I got inside the Mustang Club remembered me from the last time and were welcoming and left it up to me to decide where to go. Parked up in the same place "Next to the Corvette's" , wasn't sure if anyone would even look this time as surly everyone knows what a Tesla is by now.;) I didn't take pictures as I was quite busy the whole way through and they would have looked exactly the same as above just with fewer Teslas.
The numbers were similar to slightly more than last time. Lots of how far, how long to charge, how much questions but we had a few more younger kids and teenagers dragging a reluctant mum or dad to see the Tesla which may have challenged the opinions a few die hard petrol heads when it come to electric cars. People stayed longer too, to talk about the day to day use of an electric car, how to install a wall connector, road trips and supercharging. I only had a chance to grab a water at about Noon but when I next looked up it was 2:30, my voice was hoarse so I wound it up.
I think I even may have made a sale to a lady who currently drives a 2010 Camaro, just my luck now that the referral program has ended.:mad:
New referral program open til 15/3!!

Anyone going to the All American Day at Castle Hill (Sydney) on the 21st January

All America Day 2018.JPG

Full poster and details shown on this web link
MOCA New South Wales - Club Events

Unfortunately it coencides with my first road trip to Tasmania this year.
Hopefully someone will carry the Tesla flag for us this year it's well worth the time.

Sorry to hear that you can't make it this year. Good luck on your road trip.

Hopefully someone else with a Model S or X (or both cars) can make it to the car show.

I have photos of the Model 3 exterior and interior to talk to people at the show but I need a current Tesla owner to bring a car there.

I will be going along and hope a few others might join in (have put the details up on TOCA website also) I have checked with the organisers and they welcome ALL American built cars. Recommendation was to enter the show with cars between 8 and 9 or miss out on space. I was thinking of meeting in the car park off Les Shore Place at around 8am and then heading in to the show at about twenty past 8 if anyone else was going to come along?

@lonewolf313 and I braved the heat and carried the torch for the Tesla community.

I took along my wife’s Model X which attracted a lot of interest. Again a real spectrum of knowledge from “what do you mean it doesn’t have an engine” to “Is this a P100D” on first approach.

Top questions were:
1). How do you open the doors if there is something next to you/above you?
2). How far can it go on a charge?
3). How long does it take to charge?
4). How long will battery last for?
5). How much did it cost?
6). How do you keep the white seats clean?

A number of people seemed to be seriously considering either a Tesla or an electric car in the future and most see it as inevitable that electric cars will become much more common.

Hopefully we can convince some Model 3 owners to come along.
Well, I'm not yet an owner of Model 3 but at this stage, I'm planning to be there in a hired one I have for the weekend.

With over 1600 km of driving and charging experience already in a Model 3 and 2700 km in a Model S last year, I will have a wealth of personal knowledge to share with the uneducated public.

I may also be getting a V8 to place in the front trunk
V8 cooler box.JPG

the All American Day is on this Sunday 19th January 2020 at Macarthur Square Shopping Centre Campbelltown

I will be at the McDonalds carpark in Campbelltown with a Model 3 from around 0745 hrs if anyone in a Model S or X would like to join me prior to going to the shopping centre around 0830 hrs

Ultimately, I would like to see all three (or four as there are two different style Model S's) out for the day. The event usually finishes by around 1430 hrs

Just remember to bring a wide hat and sunscreen as past years have been hot as we would most likely be in an un-shaded area of the roof parking area

Well, I'm not yet an owner of Model 3 but at this stage, I'm planning to be there in a hired one I have for the weekend.

With over 1600 km of driving and charging experience already in a Model 3 and 2700 km in a Model S last year, I will have a wealth of personal knowledge to share with the uneducated public.

I may also be getting a V8 to place in the front trunk
View attachment 487606
Cold cylinder liners, I hope??!!

Hi @lonewolf313 i will be there too with my ageing 5 year old Model S.
Hoping we can encourage more owners to come along.
I’m coming from Potts Point so will meet you there as close to 8:30 as possible.
Thanks Meloccom.

I'll stay at McDonalds Campbelltown until you arrive or do you want to meet up at the shopping centre.

I believe that the entry will be from Kellicar Rd (Google map street view below)

This should be an official annual Tesla meet where we can show off the cars to the public

Tesla Macarthur Square.JPG