Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered two Tri-Motor's one for me and one for the wife. I'm on my second Model S and wife is on here first Model S (90D), I have always gotten the performance model, I can't see going down in performance, but my wife is gonna be surprised the first time she hits that accelerator in the Tri, as it's a full second faster than her current ride.

My wife wants to sit higher and likes the idea of almost twice the range she gets in her Model S and of course AP2 vs the AP1 she has now and eventually FSD whenever that gets completed.

I just want a truck, its like a having a LeatherMan on wheels. I hope they don't make it smaller.

Last edited:
I hope they can chop the 6 inches off the length and 1 inch off the width he's talking about. I think the proportions would be better, and of course make it a bit more maneuverable.
Kind of disappointing news. If utility (vault and frunk capacity) and esthetics (look) are not affected, all that’s left is comfort (interior space) to be sacrificed

Reactions: SSonnentag
Kind of disappointing news. If utility (vault and frunk capacity) and esthetics (look) are not affected, all that’s left is comfort (interior space) to be sacrificed
I don't want a chopped one either, Its a damn stainless steel truck, park it outside and I have charging outside and inside, so it doesn't really matter.

I'm not worried about driving this thing, I used to drive a Hummer, and its not any bigger than that, but it looks like it may be stronger...

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: SSonnentag
What the hell is an "actual truck owner"? That's not even close to a thing. All Tesla owners are the same also, right? You will get as many opinions from truck owners as from any other group. Know your purpose and know your vehicle.

Well, on a lot of these threads there are a lot of wannabes and ignoramuses spouting spewing out nonsense. I really don't care about the vocal inanities of Brooklyn hipsters who never owned a truck and think renting a Zipcar to go to Ikea makes them experts.

What the hell is an "actual truck owner"? That's not even close to a thing. All Tesla owners are the same also, right? You will get as many opinions from truck owners as from any other group. Know your purpose and know your vehicle.

There have been comments made that cybertruck is entirely about form instead of function. Basically it exists just for showing off that unconventional look. Something that can't do any actual work and would never take sales from the legacy pickup truck makers.

So the FUD argument will be made by the media and critics that Tesla missed the core of the pickup truck market and it will never sell in any real volume. There was a comment from an analyst that their institutional clients expect Cybertruck to actually fail. Seems like it's worth hearing from current pickup truck owners instead of everyone on a couch with an opinion.

I'm not saying Cybertruck is selling a million a year, but I think it will do better than what the analysts are telling you. Plus, Tesla will be relentlessly advancing its' battery technology and lowering battery costs so over time it could be even more competitive with legacy trucks.

Last edited:
I'm not saying Cybertruck is selling a million a year, but I think it will do better than what the analysts are telling you. Plus, Tesla will be relentlessly advancing its' battery technology and lowering battery costs so over time it could be even more competitive with legacy trucks.
My guess is that it will sell a million a year when Tesla can make that many. In addition, other companies will be forced to copy the design as it becomes the new normal. Other trucks just look dated the way the pre-war cars (mostly) looked dated with the new style cars in the 1950s.

Provided you have good winter tires. The tires shown in the reveal will be like a sled on ice. (they will be good for deep off-road snow though).
I also worry about the ride comfort on the highway. My CT will never go off-roading, just my road trip car and I’m hoping for a quiet comfortable ride. Those large tires look cool, but not needed for my use.

I also worry about the ride comfort on the highway. My CT will never go off-roading, just my road trip car and I’m hoping for a quiet comfortable ride. Those large tires look cool, but not needed for my use.
With the high sidewall tires and the air suspension, ride comfort shouldn't be an issue. Just put on some highway tread tires and you're all set. (The tire size is fine, just the tread pattern is not).

There have been comments made that cybertruck is entirely about form instead of function. Basically it exists just for showing off that unconventional look. Something that can't do any actual work and would never take sales from the legacy pickup truck makers.

So the FUD argument will be made by the media and critics that Tesla missed the core of the pickup truck market and it will never sell in any real volume. There was a comment from an analyst that their institutional clients expect Cybertruck to actually fail. Seems like it's worth hearing from current pickup truck owners instead of everyone on a couch with an opinion.

Got it, I'm with you on all that. It's just that we keep hearing "people who really drive trucks" lumped together as one assumptive group. You know, real pickup truckers..........guys I know don't want no dang funny looking e-lectric trucks.........they wanta real truck you ain't gotta plug in........