Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Rear induction on Cyberbeast
GANL9aFXYAAUD3o.jpg

Does anyone give a sh&t that its faster than a porsche while pulling a porsche? We care about pricing and mileage and Tesla failed big time at that. Lets not also forget the extremely slow production and ramp thats happening.

I care that CT is faster than a 911 while pulling a 911.

Lower prices only means fatter profits for flippers. I am ok with these prices until there is no longer long wait times and demand is falling below production capacity.

We already knew ramp was ~18 months. First ever mass produced SS vehicle. I am ok with this.

I am disappointed Tesla has decided to relinquish the longest range EV crown to Lucid cars and GM trucks.

Elon will say efficiency and driving dynamics more important. Given the Supercharger Network he will say 250-340 miles of EPA range is the sweet spot. Still rather have 450-500 miles of range.

Can someone tell everyone what a range extender is? Seems to be the big question.

This is what I got when searching for one.

Rent/buy one from a service centre. They drop it in the under bed storage area with a forklift where there’s a connector to tie it in with the rest of the battery. Return to the service centre when the trip is done to return the extender. Lose the under bed storage area but gain 130 miles of range for the duration of the rental.

Pure speculation on my part but would make sense and is something that makes good sense. Why carry around all those extra batteries when not needed?

• Disagree
Reactions: Krash
Rent/buy one from a service centre. They drop it in the under bed storage area with a forklift where there’s a connector to tie it in with the rest of the battery. Return to the service centre when the trip is done to return the extender. Lose the under bed storage area but gain 130 miles of range for the duration of the rental.

Pure speculation on my part but would make sense and is something that makes good sense. Why carry around all those extra batteries when not needed?
It will attach to the back of the cab per Drew Baglino