Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
No, it is the charge rate.
Well - we seem to be arguing which is more important for the area of a rectangle - length or width.

I don't know whether they can improve CT efficiency much any more - but the charge rate is something they can improve in the future.

Funny story - I was thinking of ordering FS (just got the invite) because of a planned roadtrip in summer. But - without AP/FSD that seemed like a dumb idea. Then, we learn the drive to charge time ratio is quite bad. That is what I think is the main issue with road tripping here.

But I might still order anyway - since the idea of roadtrip has fizzled out and so has the chances of being able to manage the income to qualify for the tax credits later when non-FS becomes available.

I don't know whether they can improve CT efficiency much any more - but the charge rate is something they can improve in the future.
You said main problem. Talking about current problem.

Big tall wide vehicles are inefficient. But they can come with much larger batteries that charge much faster.

Then there is no backsliding. The idea is to never slow down highway miles added per unit time. Something there has been backsliding on. Which is the problem.

Once they solve the C-rate issue, then the issue will be that the pack is too small to support even higher miles-per-minute rates. (Nothing to do with range, which is secondary.)

The 10%/15-minute Out-of-spec challenge is a good way to look at it, though their data is not all correct, I don’t think.

Last edited:
Well - we seem to be arguing which is more important for the area of a rectangle - length or width.

Funny story - I was thinking of ordering FS (just got the invite) because of a planned roadtrip in summer. But - without AP/FSD that seemed like a dumb idea. Then, we learn the drive to charge time ratio is quite bad. That is what I think is the main issue with road tripping here.

But I might still order anyway - since the idea of roadtrip has fizzled out and so has the chances of being able to manage the income to qualify for the tax credits later when non-FS becomes available.
It is an extraordinarily well polished turd. There is no way they’re going to get any more efficiency.
I’m curious why they decided to have slow charging. As others have pointed out it’s basically the same as Rivian and Ford (The Silverado EV is much faster but isn’t available to consumers yet). Maybe most buyers don’t care.

Joe Tegtmeyer found a lot of CT at Giga Texas today:

Screenshot 2024-03-08 at 5.18.56 PM.png

My order was roughly 180,000 in line and I received my invite last week. So they are working through the backlog. Hard to say whether it's supply or demand related, but AWD is showing delivery April-June 2024 and Cyberbeast "late 2024". My guess is demand is high for the Cyberbeast, those pulling the trigger at these prices are more likely to go fully optioned.

I'm not in any position to spend $100-$120k on a vehicle (not with TSLA at it's current price anyway). Anyone have experience with how Tesla handles my uncompleted order? Do I just ignore the order until other trims/options become available? Will all of us who passed on the current offerings be able to configure immediately once other options are available? Or do they close out my ability to configure and go through the invite list again?

But it doesn't seem like they are going in order. I have an early day one reservation, and still haven't been invited. (Which is fine, as I don't want a Founders Edition.)
Well that's interesting. I'm in CT, so it's not like I'm some preferred location. I'm on record of visiting the show room model Cybertruck in Mt. Kisco, but I also told the advisor that I was a year+ away from buying anything.

My order was roughly 180,000 in line and I received my invite last week. So they are working through the backlog. Hard to say whether it's supply or demand related, but AWD is showing delivery April-June 2024 and Cyberbeast "late 2024". My guess is demand is high for the Cyberbeast, those pulling the trigger at these prices are more likely to go fully optioned.

I'm not in any position to spend $100-$120k on a vehicle (not with TSLA at it's current price anyway). Anyone have experience with how Tesla handles my uncompleted order? Do I just ignore the order until other trims/options become available? Will all of us who passed on the current offerings be able to configure immediately once other options are available? Or do they close out my ability to configure and go through the invite list again?
Ignore it and you'll just go back in queue for non-Foundation. It's questionable whether that round of invites will track this one, but you will not have any configuration ability after your Foundation invite expires.

• Informative
Reactions: Darkfox021