Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

ALL CyberTruck discussion

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered my Dual Motor CT on 2/15/24 ... signed up for the shareholder early delivery program .... does anyone know if this will accelerate my delivery Mar-May ... or is it only for reservation holders to accelerate order page ?
View attachment 1032085
Given the wording on the orginal sign up page, I think it is faster in general.
"Sign up by Friday, March 22, 2024 11:59 PM CT CDT to take early delivery of a Foundation Series Cybertruck. If confirmed."

Reactions: Zero CO2
thanks ....i don't know why I am rushing to spend over $100K on a vehicle 🤷‍♂️
My wife asked if I was having a mid-life crisis when I told her I "ordered" a $120k truck. I told her I was having an end of life crisis. I want my CT before I go. ☠️ ☠️🤣

i submitted documents and got no feedback ... per usual Tesla customer service... so far it did nothing... but i guess they need to sort thru all the requests and figure out whose timeline will improve
Was that for shareholder verification in general or did you reply to the early delivery follow up email?
I was apparently in the second round of e-mails today.

Was that for shareholder verification in general or did you reply to the early delivery follow up email?
I was apparently in the second round of e-mails today.
shareholder verification for accelerated delivery... responded to this email... i never verified my shares through Say.

1711630407655.png

Reactions: mongo
Of course if you want FSD, your price will be higher than $80,000.
For $8k, it takes 40 months to pay for itself compared to paying $200 a month. Since I would only really want/need/use FSD about 2-3 months a year, I don’t see paying $8k for it ever being worth it. Can’t transfer it to another car? Why even bother getting it? And don’t say “Make money on robotaxi” because I don’t want my car destroyed and puked in by drunks or the general public.

Last edited:
For $8k, it takes 40 months to pay for itself compared to paying $200 a month. Since I would only really want/need/use FSD about 2-3 months a year, I don’t see paying $8k for it ever being worth it. Can’t transfer it to another car? Why even bother getting it? And don’t say “Make money on robotaxi” because I don’t want my car destroyed and puked in by drunks or the general public.
if you start using FSD ... you will be using it 12 months a year :D

A few things regarding the souped-up ATV hauler:

1. Note that in the Ram, it is affixed solely to the bed, plus the camper-style frame tiedowns, and not to the truck’s B pillar, which is a traditional pickup’s equivalent to the CT’s eight body-top bolt mounts.

2. CT does have eight bed D-rings plus the rail-mounted two.

3. The high projection of the depicted ATV does make for a spectacle. However, it is not a lot of weight for that 2500-series pickup. Similar although lower-profile setups are pretty common in North Country: these are tilt beds that hold not one but two snowmobiles side by side. Not possible with the CT’s wedge sides.

4. Although I dismissed that load’s overall weight, it almost certainly is in the wrong place. It looks like a rollover just waiting for the first sharp turn. Seeing something on a pickup ≠ a good idea; my internal Venn diagram has about a million data points in the Does Not Overlap…..

1a. I cannot tell if you are or are not aware, but for those who are not, those tiedowns take advantage of a feature of traditional pickup frames: there are cross members that are square tubes. The tiedowns have male square tubes that fit snugly into those and extend outwards to provide a site for the chains to attach. To address one of your questions specifically: I did not see such under the CT I examined.

Reactions: aerodyne