Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All Pre-June Orders Delivered by End of September

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
"EXCEPT those with a Towbar".

2017 reservation, 1 May 18 order, added tow hitch on first day available after Tesla told me it would not affect delivery date. Now pointing delivery into Q4.

I'd already decided I will cancel my order because of the experience. This further vindicates this decision. Absolutely zero benefit for being an early supporter. Ironically, it has been a detrimental experience and driven me away from the brand.

The only reason that I haven't cancelled yes is I actually want to know if they even recognise how atrocious the experience has been when they call to ask for the final payment.

I had two cars on order, one ordered on 1 May. Called by Tesla early June and told order matched, can I take delivery 2nd week of July. Booked a motoring holiday for the end of August hoping to prove to the wife that Tesla was a viable option and ordered one for her.

2nd week of July, no car, explanation or apology. Tesla said they had no idea when I would get it. Wife unimpressed and cancelled her order. Tesla not surprised and said they are getting a lot of cancellations asking if I wanted to put down cancellation due to "customer experience".

Get the feeling that they are getting so many complaints and cancellations the staff have given up being concerned and just tick it off as another cancellation.

More worrying is their policy is "if you don't like it, cancel"

But when you make a great car and can sell more than you can make, you can afford to be arrogant.

I had two cars on order, one ordered on 1 May. Called by Tesla early June and told order matched, can I take delivery 2nd week of July. Booked a motoring holiday for the end of August hoping to prove to the wife that Tesla was a viable option and ordered one for her.

2nd week of July, no car, explanation or apology. Tesla said they had no idea when I would get it. Wife unimpressed and cancelled her order. Tesla not surprised and said they are getting a lot of cancellations asking if I wanted to put down cancellation due to "customer experience".

Get the feeling that they are getting so many complaints and cancellations the staff have given up being concerned and just tick it off as another cancellation.

More worrying is their policy is "if you don't like it, cancel"

But when you make a great car and can sell more than you can make, you can afford to be arrogant.

I am sure they will start caring once their backlog is cleared whether that be because of lay offs or an actual sales push, but at the moment they have little time to be concerned with their delivery targets

I ordered on 16th July
Final Invoice on Aug 24th
Scheduled delivery on final invoice - October 16th
VIN 4711XX

So three months seems to be correct from order date but is Oct 16th a placeholder delivery date + 3 month and will it maybe come a bit earlier ? SC - Edinburgh

This is a great analogy. I’d say that it is more like all the punters of a bar calling what beer they want and the barman pouring 20 pints of the most popular beer he hears at the time. He will put 20 pints of Carling on the bar and give first refusal to the 20 people who first asked for Carling. If someone has changed their mind and now wants Brewdog Punk rather than Carling, he gives the spare pint of Carling to the 21st person who shouted ‘Carling’. The barman then moves to the next most requested drink.

The people who ordered a tow bar are like five who ordered Blue Moon - the barman has no incentive to slice an orange for just five pints, so he’ll just keep fulfilling the main drinks backlog.

N.B. I recognise the above is unrealistic as nobody drinks Carling in a pub.

Actually, I think tow and 19" is more like having a Carling and wanting a cherry on top. They have the Carling ready and waiting, but cannot be bothered to add the cherries.

I am sure they will start caring once their backlog is cleared whether that be because of lay offs or an actual sales push, but at the moment they have little time to be concerned with their delivery targets

As a shareholder, I can say both they and me have plenty to be concerned about. There seems to be a big leveller coming and I don't think even Tesla will have an answer. All EV manufacturers will be in the same boat, except Tesla will be totally reliant on it and other manufacturers will have a plan B - or in their eyes, they still have plan A and plan B may need to just weather the storm.

It's a bank loan.

I actually called Bluewater and they have one black/black SR+ with 19" wheels unallocated, same reason as yours, at heathrow. Could have had it on Monday, but it's an extra 2200 + whatever i'll lose on the re-evaluation of my trade in for a color I don't really want.

The maddening thing is that I probably saw the car when I was there yesterday and the guy behind the desk was not interested in helping me at all. Took a call to a completely different sales team to actually have a decent conversation.

I'm not really that pissed about the loan, because I'll end up paying it off sooner. The only thing is that I'm still buying fuel to commute - and I'm driving our family VW Sharan to work (in case my old BMW decides to break down and cost me 1-2k to fix), which is like driving a van.

And yeah, don't feel bad. Thanks for letting us know something like this is a possibility even.

Actually just gave them a call up asking about unallocated stock, they said they're cleaned out and it's 100% custom order for the next couple months at least.

Worth a shot - 9th May order here, blue/white SR+, booked a driving holiday around Scotland for end of September back when I was told June/July for delivery thinking end of September was safe enough.

Currently hidden VIN but nothing beyond that, so getting pretty desperate (sold my previous car as the finance was up, stuck driving my partner's VW Fox for the time being). Looks like it's going to be disappointment for me, barring any last minute miracles in the queue!

...booked a driving holiday around Scotland for end of September back when I was told June/July for delivery thinking end of September was safe enough.
We did the same thing and booked a Scottish lowlands holiday when we’d ordered the car, but I must be more pessimistic than you because we booked it for early November :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed that your car will come through in time - with Tesla anything can happen :D

As a shareholder, I can say both they and me have plenty to be concerned about. There seems to be a big leveller coming and I don't think even Tesla will have an answer. All EV manufacturers will be in the same boat, except Tesla will be totally reliant on it and other manufacturers will have a plan B - or in their eyes, they still have plan A and plan B may need to just weather the storm.

Yes as a shareholder I have plenty to be concerned about and hope any influx of money is going to improve the business for the long term.

I don't know what big leveller you are referring to?