Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke too soon, it’s here!
guys, so we understand and track, please answer a few questions:
New or existing Tesla owner?
New or existing FSD customer?
Is the email just an FYI or an opt in? Did the email have a link that drove the next question in the vehicle?
What code were you on and what code are you are on now? what was the process for upgrade?

sorry, some of us have multiple Ts, on 2024.2.7 and nada
we're curious how we will get to 2024.3.8/12.3.2.1

Pleeeese Tesla, no more 2024.2.X....

Is the email just an FYI or an opt in? Did the email have a link that drove the next question in the vehicle?
What code were you on and what code are you are on now? what was the process for upgrade?

I bought my Model Y a year ago so it looks like it's for all owners right now. Though I've never tried or subscribed to FSD before.

The trial activation email was sent after the 2024.3.6 was installed so there's no opt in. I came from 2024.2.7, the update notification just popped up last night.

See this post for the email and year of car. The post is from @YW555

Post in thread 'When will trial start rolling out?' When will trial start rolling out?

im also on 2024.2.7 and nada... do people have the "Beta" software setting on or the standard settings for updates? i switched to A dvanced but still nothing.. wondering if i should go back to standard or if it matters ...

also is it just me or did the Cali and Texas people seem to get this first... it spreads from the mothership geographically!

Reactions: zoomer0056
I’m gonna disable updates for a month not install them if I can delay my 30 day start until mid-May.
That's not how it works. Everyone will get a subscription for 30 days, starting on whatever day they launch it, and ending 30 days later. If you delay updates, or chose not to enable the software, you'll miss the window where it's available to you.

Reactions: gearchruncher
That's not how it works. Everyone will get a subscription for 30 days, starting on whatever day they launch it, and ending 30 days later. If you delay updates, or chose not to enable the software, you'll miss the window where it's available to you.
trusting you know this for a fact, question
if you are in a subscription, it just gets pushed out till May, giving you April for free?

The Email says it end April 30th. Upgraded to 2024.3.6 last night, received the email this morning. FSD is 12.3.2.1.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: RabidYak
im also on 2024.2.7 and nada... do people have the "Beta" software setting on or the standard settings for updates? i switched to A dvanced but still nothing.. wondering if i should go back to standard or if it matters ...

also is it just me or did the Cali and Texas people seem to get this first... it spreads from the mothership geographically!
Be patient it's only just started. I'm on the same version you are. The poster above said an update from 2024.2.7 to 2024.3.6 resulted in a one month invite.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
I’m gonna disable updates for a month not install them if I can delay my 30 day start until mid-May.
That probably won't work. In other words I don't think the window of one month is timed relative to when you start a particular version of the operating system but rather Simply April of this year. Once April goes so does the freebie. At least that's my understanding

Reactions: E90alex
A month isn’t a month if everyone doesn’t have it on April 1st. That’s Monday.

I don’t take Elon for his word and you shouldn’t either. He says a lot of stupid *sugar* and he’s often wrong, exaggerating, or just plain full of it.

Reactions: fholbert