Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

All US Cars capable of FSD will be enabled for one month trial this week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Happy resurrection day.. seriously though I need to know the algorithm that makes Tesla decide to upgrade people..

please disclose all of your personal details.. married? Kids? Dogs? Social security #? Date of birth? Mother's maiden name
Paranoia not necessary. No new requirements for automatic download to all Tesla cars with necessary hardware (virtually all).

Reactions: zoomer0056
I installed the update (2024.3.6 with FSD 12.3.2.1) Friday night and shortly thereafter got the email about the free month. AutoPark is awesome and I think the visualizations (even when not using FSD, which I have not enabled) look more detailed and accurate. I am tempted to now buy EAP (for NoA, ALC, and AutoPark)…but I’m not shelling out $12k for FSD (so don’t even want to enable it and get used to it).

Attachments

• IMG_9122.jpeg
    IMG_9122.jpeg
    665.7 KB · Views: 14
seriously though I need to know the algorithm that makes Tesla decide to upgrade people..
Clearly they are checking if you are "safe and responsible" and not likely to cause a PR disaster for Tesla. /s

In reality, this looks like a very normal software release process for Tesla. Just a slow roll out that can take weeks. Because Elon didn't actually think about how Tesla releases software and what it would take to update millions of cars all at once. He probably hardly knows that FSD and non-FSD cars are on different software paths. So sure, get the big hype and say "everyone this week!" and leave it up to the engineers to actually make it happen without causing massive issues.

I installed the update (2024.3.6 with FSD 12.3.2.1) Friday night and shortly thereafter got the email about the free month. AutoPark is awesome and I think the visualizations (even when not using FSD, which I have not enabled) look more detailed and accurate. I am tempted to now buy EAP (for NoA, ALC, and AutoPark)…but I’m not shelling out $12k for FSD (so don’t even want to enable it and get used to it).

Try it. You won't think much of it. Even EAP is overpriced after trying out FSD.

FSD for Robotaxis around a town will probably be the future, but for the regular driver, I don't think youre missing much. Auto park is great though.

Clearly they are checking if you are "safe and responsible" and not likely to cause a PR disaster for Tesla. /s

In reality, this looks like a very normal software release process for Tesla. Just a slow roll out that can take weeks. Because Elon didn't actually think about how Tesla releases software and what it would take to update millions of cars all at once. He probably hardly knows that FSD and non-FSD cars are on different software paths. So sure, get the big hype and say "everyone this week!" and leave it up to the engineers to actually make it happen without causing massive issues.
Are you insinuating I'm not safe and responsible?? How incredibly accurate

Anyway getting update now!!! Married 2.5 kids 4 dogs social sec# 456987534 mother's maiden name musk

My 2024.3.10 been stuck at 100% downloaded for an hour now :(. Hoping it gets unstuck soon, never had this happen on an update usually 100% is like 5 minutes. I’m on the last update as well not multiple behind.
My car is installing 2024.3.10 right now. Not watching it closely as I’m away from home. But I checked the app a few times and it seems really slow. Must be a big update.

My 2024.3.10 been stuck at 100% downloaded for an hour now :(. Hoping it gets unstuck soon, never had this happen on an update usually 100% is like 5 minutes. I’m on the last update as well not multiple behind.
I have the FSD trial from this update which was listed as “bug fixes”. If I knew, I would not have updated, but I am going for my first FSD experience shortly. Wish me luck. I am skeptical as heck I will not have to intervene.

Got the update yesterday and started the free trial. No previous trial or purchase on our '23 MYP. Drove about 50 miles to try it out and was pleased. Had a few times I needed to take over - nothing major though.

My wife normally drives the car during the week and I only get it on weekends. She doesn't like using autosteer (only TACC) so I doubt she will try FSD. Maybe she'll switch cars with me this month so I can get more time with it.

I have the FSD trial from this update which was listed as “bug fixes”. If I knew, I would not have updated, but I am going for my first FSD experience shortly. Wish me luck. I am skeptical as heck I will not have to intervene.
I ended up rebooting after that the update had “connect to wifi to start” again at 100% after that I connected it and it finished within 2 minutes. Not sure why