Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Am I the only one getting the car so quickly?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My story is in my .sig; 16 days from ordering to driving off the lot. I think configuring for MSM color helped a lot. I did not order EAP (and by definition, FSD), nor did I have a trade-in. Paid cash so no financing details to slow things down. I was back at the Fremont delivery center a couple of days ago and out of the 35 or so Model 3s, there were only a couple that were white and red cars.

Reactions: costpermille
Non-owner and non-day1(day 2...), received the invite on 06/27 and configured the same day, received an email from sales on 06/29, VIN assigned and delivery scheduled on 07/02 and I got my car on 07/08 in Fremont, CA.

Although I'm very happy about the quick process, I felt this is a little bit too fast. Anyone else had same experience? One of my friends who placed reservation on day1 is still waiting for the sales email. The only difference is he ordered white color but mine is grey.

I was also offered 07/08 delivery, but had to defer it to next week.

My story is in my .sig; 16 days from ordering to driving off the lot. I think configuring for MSM color helped a lot. I did not order EAP (and by definition, FSD), nor did I have a trade-in. Paid cash so no financing details to slow things down. I was back at the Fremont delivery center a couple of days ago and out of the 35 or so Model 3s, there were only a couple that were white and red cars.

Color makes all the difference ... nothing else

Ordered our second M3 on 6/30/18 at around 8:50pm as a last minute decision before the new data changes went into place. Got an from the ISA that our model 3 was on its way to the delivery center on 7/11 and picking it up on Tuesday.

We ordered White with Aero wheels.

Almost there. April 1, 2016 morning online reservation, 6/27 invite to configure and configured White, RWD, Aero, no EAP.

7/15 Sunday night: Just flipped the no-trade-in option to trade-in and got a new dialog box that wanted me to confirm my pre-filled phone number to have Tesla text me the info about the trade-in self evaluation. When I clicked through, there was no edit link to be found (that's new for today) and there was an accompanying message that said if I wanted to switch back to no trade-in I'd have to talk to my ISA, who has not called yet.

Dear ISA:
Call me (call me) on the line
Call me, call me any, anytime
Call me (call me) my love
You can call me any day or night
Call me

Almost there. April 1, 2016 morning online reservation, 6/27 invite to configure and configured White, RWD, Aero, no EAP.

7/15 Sunday night: Just flipped the no-trade-in option to trade-in and got a new dialog box that wanted me to confirm my pre-filled phone number to have Tesla text me the info about the trade-in self evaluation. When I clicked through, there was no edit link to be found (that's new for today) and there was an accompanying message that said if I wanted to switch back to no trade-in I'd have to talk to my ISA, who has not called yet.

Dear ISA:
Call me (call me) on the line
Call me, call me any, anytime
Call me (call me) my love
You can call me any day or night
Call me

Here you go :)

Reserv: Oct 9 2017 ( >1 Year after Day 1)
Invite: Jun 28 2018 (I think they open to all NA reservations that day)
Config: Jun 29 2018
(After 1 Day of Consideration, Decided to change my mind to get a LR instead of SR to take advantage of tax credit as I figured out that it would have ended when the SR production starts, not the week ends, it hits the 200k mark, smart!)
18", Solid Black, PUP, basically the current cheapest built available, not even adding EAP lol (Will get it later on)
IDA email: Jul 11 2018 (Shocked at that point, I thought it would be at least October)
VIN Assigned: Jul 13 2018
Delivery Date: Jul 21 2018 at Fremont Delivery Center, 10 miles away from home (Scheduled on Jul 12 2018)

So unexpected and I have only 2 weeks to prepare... start to constantly looking up information here and across the web...
installing NEMA outlet..Selling the old car....thinking about wrap, tint, chrome delete....know things to check during delivery....
how to do homelink setup... worry about it breaks on my way home from delivery center....how much should I charge my car....
should i lower the tire pressure from 45 to 42 and lower...sunshade, floormat...CAV Decals, CA Rebate....
Still feel like I am missing something.....Oh I know....my $$$......

• Love
Reactions: VRM3