Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Amazing example of Tesla's ability to characterize obstacles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WSE51

Supporting Member
Aug 24, 2012
Park City, Utah
I was on a two lane country highway and due to construction one lane was blocked. A man was directing traffic. Check out the photo of the man compared with how he is depicted on the navigation screen!

tesla highway man.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Seems like it would need to know the difference between a pedestrian next to a STOP sign, and a road worker holding a STOP sign to do the correct thing on auto drive. One, you stop and go again when no other traffic, but the other you need to wait for the STOP to disappear. Seems like an important distinction. Still, cool that it sees both like that.

I have also noticed that the display is showing trashcans when placed at the curb on trash day. Thought that was cool as well.

I was on a two lane country highway and due to construction one lane was blocked. A man was directing traffic. Check out the photo of the man compared with how he is depicted on the navigation screen!

View attachment 587923
My Model Y is doing a great job with the depictions, but you are making we home sick driving on Rt. 421 in Western North Carolina. I went to High School at a small boarding school just a few miles off of Rt. 421 south of Blowing Rock. We would go drinking in Blowing Rock, because Boone was a dry county and we would Ski at Beech Mountain & Sugar Mountain.