Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
One thing I am curious about... was this car made in the Fremont factory? I think all of us just find it so odd you were the lucky one here. Cheers and congrats!
Yes, it was. Full vin is 5YJ3E1EB1NF139044. It is quite curious that I got it, but it was all luck. I have no affiliation with corporate, but I was originally
assigned 138935 for my car and the check digit was a 9, but it got delayed. I was reassigned this new vin and welp lol I do not know what the 138k car was outfitted with as I never got eyes on it

This is my new MYLR with AMD Ryzen . I just talked to my SA about it and he said it is high possibility i have new Lithium-Ion 12V Battery.
But only way to check it is to open front cover and i am not going to mess with it right now.
My other MY i sold was also blue. One thing i noticed (and confirmed by my wife) is that new paint is much better and darker.
We also compared their pics in our garage and new one is definitely better.
Internet browser is so fast with new processor, all pages load almost immediately.
i always thought it was connection issue in my old one but now i believe its because of AMD.

Attachments

• 269879639_317637576950267_5490597472430849559_n.jpg
    269879639_317637576950267_5490597472430849559_n.jpg
    356.9 KB · Views: 182
  • 270404524_280185900848397_5471886331869736357_n.jpg
    270404524_280185900848397_5471886331869736357_n.jpg
    331.9 KB · Views: 127
  • 270549738_921019098602427_327850364169657643_n.jpg
    270549738_921019098602427_327850364169657643_n.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 138
This is my new MYLR with AMD Ryzen . I just talked to my SA about it and he said it is high possibility i have new Lithium-Ion 12V Battery.
But only way to check it is to open front cover and i am not going to mess with it right now.
My other MY i sold was also blue. One thing i noticed (and confirmed by my wife) is that new paint is much better and darker.
We also compared their pics in our garage and new one is definitely better.
Internet browser is so fast with new processor, all pages load almost immediately.
i always thought it was connection issue in my old one but now i believe its because of AMD.
so odd how those with higher VIN dont have it. I wonder if they did a test batch and then went back to atom

This guys seems like he has no idea what’s going on. I’d call this post suspect
He literally posted a few posts before you here with screenshots clearly showing that he got the Ryzen system! And no, it isn't an exaggeration that the Ryzen feels night and day apart from the Atom infotainment system. There are several comparison videos to be found that showcase the difference, especially when using the web browser.

Reactions: 907XCP and hlin07
He literally posted a few posts before you here with screenshots clearly showing that he got the Ryzen system! And no, it isn't an exaggeration that the Ryzen feels night and day apart from the Atom infotainment system. There are several comparison videos to be found that showcase the difference, especially when using the web browser.
There was another thread I was following where he was posting. Some concerns were brought up not only by me but by others as well. Since then, yes, there have been other posts that seem to validate.

This guys seems like he has no idea what’s going on. I’d call this post suspect
Re you talking about me here?

If yes, please explain.

And to respond to other posts, yes, Ryzen makes everything very fast. I only use youtube in my car and i am happy to see everything loads x5 faster then my old car.
I don`t use any other apps. If i dint check youtube and this site after delivery (someone mentioned here about AMD and i went to check it right away because of youtube loading fast) i wouldn`t even know i have Ryzen

Reactions: Hvnleigh
Re you talking about me here?

If yes, please explain.

And to respond to other posts, yes, Ryzen makes everything very fast. I only use youtube in my car and i am happy to see everything loads x5 faster then my old car.
I don`t use any other apps. If i dint check youtube and this site after delivery (someone mentioned here about AMD and i went to check it right away because of youtube loading fast) i wouldn`t even know i have Ryzen
Since you used both amd and intel, do you see other advantages beside the apps?

sorry, what is "has farther drawn distance"?
Any graphics out or display will be limited by the power/memory available. Like for ex. playing a game what you see is not what's actually there, it's limited by what the computer can display not by what it sees, that can be called level of detail or LOD. Draw distance is how far out it can show an environment. The AMD system can have a much larger draw distance. We'll see this in the real world via less pop-in, ie. cars (objects disappearing) and more objects being rendered in the visualization.

I think some people are missing the bigger picture of the new MCU. This should in theory effect everything user interface related, including responsiveness of pressing a button and it going to a subscreen, maps responsiveness, visualizations for autopilot etc. Also longer term, when Tesla continues to do software updates they are likely to push things harder assuming this new AMD chip is their benchmark which is going to make the Intel folks in a situation where the UI continues to feel more and more unresponsive and laggy as time goes on.