Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AMD Ryzen & 12v Batteries now shipping in US Y & 3!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congratulations on the new car. I see you have premium connectivity through Jan 2023. I though Tesla only gives 30 days trial. Have they switched to 1 year for MYLR?

I thought it was based on when we order so if you order before Oct 2021 then you should get 1 year, they are quite vague on their website as they don't list orders before October 15th.

I just denied my MYP delivery today. The build date was 1/4, it didn't come with any of the new features. I asked them to put me back in the queue.
LOL. Looks like you don't need a car that much.
With the speed of innovation, there is always going to be 'better/newer' stuff down the line. I got the 1st MY no questions asked. 2nd MY is about to be delivered. Wife will take it for sure even if it is the 'old' one.

What new features would have made your driving experience different really? 12v new battery? Okay. it is your dough.

Reactions: Hvnleigh and Wigan
Got a surprise that my car arrived early and I can take delivery tomorrow in Burbank instead of waiting til Tuesday. While on the phone I asked the woman helping me if she could confirm if it has the AMD Chip and she put me on hold and came back and said that yes she can confirm it has AMD and the Lithium Battery. Basically best news of the year so far - was itching to get my car and cannot wait til tomorrow!

I havent read through much of this thread, but from the subject title it looks like its talking about the ryzen chip in model Ys.

I just figured I would let people know that, I just came back right now (with "right now" being 01/14/2022) from my local Tesla sales / Service center, Having my wife Test drive a model Y to see if she will be happy with it instead of the 2019 X3 she has.

I know about this "ryzen chip" discussion in the model 3 and Y subforums. So I was interested to see what the Demo / Test drive car had in it.

My local service center had JUST gotten their new model Y test drive car, which is a 2022 Model Y performance. Since I would be getting a performance model Y for my wife, this was a good test (there is a point to this, I am getting to it).

Their 2022 demo model Y performance, which was still calibrating its cameras it was so new (they had just gotten it very recently), had the AMD Ryzen chip in it. I figured people in this thread might be interested to know that this car had this chip in it.

IMG_1083.JPG

From the Tesla Support Page:

View attachment 755759
They don't actually say about the trial duration for Model Y and 3 orders prior to October 15, 2021, but I can tell you that it was/is a year. Some have said that it isn't necessarily automatic, but that they will honor it if they somehow don't and you press it. Might be best to get in writing at the time you pick up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hvnleigh and xSCMx
Just wanted to add another data point. I got matched a VIN today for a M3LR 155XXX. SA was convinced that ALL new cars off the line have the AMD Ryzen but after some nudging from me to look more into it he came back to me a couple of hours later and said it was the Intel. No idea how accurate any of this is, but if true, the Y's seem to be pretty consistent on getting the new chipset, the 3's however are definitely more hit and miss.

Last edited:
LOL. Looks like you don't need a car that much.
With the speed of innovation, there is always going to be 'better/newer' stuff down the line. I got the 1st MY no questions asked. 2nd MY is about to be delivered. Wife will take it for sure even if it is the 'old' one.

What new features would have made your driving experience different really? 12v new battery? Okay. it is your dough.
Yeah, I am in no hurry to get one.

I am the most concerned about length of software compatability and support.

I havent read through much of this thread, but from the subject title it looks like its talking about the ryzen chip in model Ys.

I just figured I would let people know that, I just came back right now (with "right now" being 01/14/2022) from my local Tesla sales / Service center, Having my wife Test drive a model Y to see if she will be happy with it instead of the 2019 X3 she has.

I know about this "ryzen chip" discussion in the model 3 and Y subforums. So I was interested to see what the Demo / Test drive car had in it.

My local service center had JUST gotten their new model Y test drive car, which is a 2022 Model Y performance. Since I would be getting a performance model Y for my wife, this was a good test (there is a point to this, I am getting to it).

Their 2022 demo model Y performance, which was still calibrating its cameras it was so new (they had just gotten it very recently), had the AMD Ryzen chip in it. I figured people in this thread might be interested to know that this car had this chip in it.
Thanks for posting this, I don't think we've actually seen any confirmed deliveries of MYPs with Ryzen yet. 👍

Delayed mine 3 times already… I wanted to delay it for at least few weeks, but SA says I should get amd build by next week. previous SA told me he has seen zero and won’t see one for awhile. I think they are pretty clueless…
But it seems like only model Y are getting them?

Meanwhile, the Model 3 has seen a decrease in its range from 637km to 626km. The range decrease appears to be due to the AMD Ryzen processor consuming more energy than the Intel Atom processor it replaces.

I received my VIN of 355xxx born on Jan 13, it has the Intel chip:( I'm stuck with the dilemma of accepting the order or canceling it. If I cancel, I'll lose the $250 + the $1000 price increase. I plan on having the car until the wheels fall off. I feel as if the Intel won't age as well. What to do?

I received my VIN of 355xxx born on Jan 13, it has the Intel chip:( I'm stuck with the dilemma of accepting the order or canceling it. If I cancel, I'll lose the $250 + the $1000 price increase. I plan on having the car until the wheels fall off. I feel as if the Intel won't age as well. What to do?
In your shoes I would eat the 1250 loss - maybe they can delay your order one more time.

• Disagree
Reactions: Cyberspeed