Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Pokolbin has an NRMA slow one. Cameron park Ampol ( But Evie networks)under construction- fast ones. Tuggerah Supercharger. Wyong twin servos on map. Rutherford on map
Wasn’t aware of Rutherford. Wouldn’t bother with the free nrma one until it becomes paid. Not really worried about range etc. we can do like 95% of our round trips without worrying about public charging which is the entire point. It’s good that options are opening up.

That is good for me getting a y and I’m sure it won’t make the odd Sydney return journey. I’m sure I’ll need a 10-15 min quick zap somewhere good to see. Don’t care for free.

I would love to see a 50kw charger in my town for the times you are caught short and the granny charger can’t charge the car enough for the next journey. I’m doubtful and I will be updating my power to 3 phase but that will be after getting the car.
I have both a 3 phase and single phase fixed charger at my house. Realistically a single phase 32A charger will charge your car over night so it is fast enough. A Model 3 or Y can only take 11kW so 7.7kW single phase is fine.

I am hoping the Cybertruck will have 22kW built in charger though, which will slightly change the equation.

Moderators Note:
Off topic discussion about Utes, vans, trucks and the prospects of electric versions moved to a new thread.

New Ampol DA at Ampol Waitara. So far it's the only one I know that's easily accessible between Northconnex and the M1. It's still quite a way from starting, but at least the DA is up. Across the road from the Bluegum Inn which has great amenities and also close to the railway station. It says HYC 150 in the DA. Is that 150 kW?
Nearly 100 solar panels and battery storage coming with it.
Link to DA

Yep nice location.
HYC will be the Amplitronic Hypercharger unit which were the units the original Ampol sites were listed as and appeared in renders.

Unlike the ABB 180 units that they actually installed, the HYC 150 can be ordered with water cooled cables enabling up to 500A, sufficient for an actual 150kW with a Tesla.

Guess we need to wait and see what they actuall install at Thornleigh and Waitara

Just looking at those plans! Going by @QBN_PC's comments, it seems they've upped their intentions, since the plans only show 2 EV spaces per side:

View attachment 818291
The site plans for Ampol Pheasants Nest have been officially revised from 2 to 6 stalls per side. Very nice since the trenching for BP Pulse at Marulan suggests 2 stalls max.

Looks like my little birdie was spot on!
Screenshot_20221014_042418.jpg

Screenshot_20221014_042600.jpg

I'm there now. Nothing interesting has happened yet. The rebuild has barely started.

Article on the AmpCharge funding - interesting they are receiving $9m of the $39m for 19 sites / 110 bays (of 86 / 500+).

The journo seemingly can't use the maps tool to see which other sites are also 10 stalls.

Just noticed on the Port Stephens Council DA tracker (I was actually looking for info about the supercharger, but found this)

Application: S96 (16 - 2022 - 684 - 2)
Detailed information related to the application:

Details
Description: S4.55(1A) Modification to installation of EV charging station, solar panels and additional panel to the existing pylon sign – relocate EV station
Submitted Date: 10/01/2023
Application Type: S96

Refers to an application for the Ampol at 40 Richardson Rd, Raymond Terrace NSW 2324 - that was approved in Aug 2022 (may or may not have already been mentioned).

No plans available from either application unfortunately. The old one, probably because it's already been determined; the new one, maybe I'm too soon - was only submitted yesterday.

• Informative
Reactions: Hairyman and Vostok
Reactions: Sir Surfalot
Ampol have a list of 34 australia wide sites as coming soon,
with a note of more to come in this year. They all appear to be there ARENA funded sites, just under a third of their funded sites remaining.