Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Ampol AmpCharge network

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A surprise new install in the lower Blue Mountains too at Glenbrook Ampol.
(Photo also courtesy of Plugshare)

I should be heading over the mountains on Sunday so will try and check progress on each one.

1243703.jpg

Some action at the Ampol at St Ives (Mona Vale Rd, eastbound towards Northern Beaches) today - where for the last several months the fenced-off area for the intended EV charging has been a storage area for what looked like bulk landscaping supplies.

Anyway when I passed it early this morning I saw a large cardboard-covered box there with ABB in large friendly letters on the side. Passing again a few hours ago a crane was there lifting the (single) charger into place. Hopefully it will get commissioned soon.

I have never stopped there for petrol but an operative informs me their coffee is pretty good - by service station standards - so maybe I will give it a go for charging occasionally, mainly just to encourage them as I would rarely need a charge at that point of a drive (and those ABB chargers aren’t quick for my Tesla vs what they charge per kWh from memory).

I was worried the charger at that station had become indefinitely stalled so I am glad to see it pushing ahead now.

Ampol has submitted a DA for their first site in Tasmania, at Campbell Town. About 150 m away from the busy Evie location. Note they didn't get ARENA funding for Tas, so this is 100% privately funded.

Looks like a single unit, with two connectors, and conduit for a second unit down the line also with two more connectors.
Doesn't seem to be any detail on technical specs.

Direct link to PDF: https://northernmidlands.tas.gov.au...g/PLN-23-0197_public_exhibition_documents.pdf

To support this proposal:
This planning application is open for public comment until 03 November 2023
Written representations may be made during this time to the General Manager; mailed to PO Box 156, Longford, Tasmania 7301, delivered to Council offices or a pdf letter emailed to [email protected]
1700119857634.png

1700119880274.png

Ampol has submitted a DA for their first site in Tasmania, at Campbell Town. About 150 m away from the busy Evie location. Note they didn't get ARENA funding for Tas, so this is 100% privately funded.

View attachment 991111

View attachment 991112
Good to see a battery located onsite.

I wonder if Demand chargers are high or the site can't quite meet demand and need the battery to boost it

Some action at the Ampol at St Ives (Mona Vale Rd, eastbound towards Northern Beaches) today - where for the last several months the fenced-off area for the intended EV charging has been a storage area for what looked like bulk landscaping supplies.

Anyway when I passed it early this morning I saw a large cardboard-covered box there with ABB in large friendly letters on the side. Passing again a few hours ago a crane was there lifting the (single) charger into place. Hopefully it will get commissioned soon.
Reslec posted some pictures of their work on this site a couple of days ago, saying it is "nearing completion" (they did all the electrical work & associated civils from the Ausgrid distribution sub to the chargers).

AMPCharge update for my Android in the last few days.

Had to manually delete cache and data storage to get it to load past splash screen.

Prior charging sessions and credit card details lost, and the Plug'n'Charge details from the previous app appear gone.

Indeed I'm not even sure its linked to an account..After clearing settings no need to login, and it doesn't show email anywhere. Very strange.

In iOS my payment details have been preserved but there is no other details regarding account or login. Looks well dodgy. The AMPCharge website FAQs haven’t been updated since before they launched the app and the screenshots in the iOS App Store haven’t been updated to the new version.

Last edited:
AMPCharge update for my Android in the last few days.

Had to manually delete cache and data storage to get it to load past splash screen.

Prior charging sessions and credit card details lost, and the Plug'n'Charge details from the previous app appear gone.

Indeed I'm not even sure its linked to an account..After clearing settings no need to login, and it doesn't show email anywhere. Very strange.
You deleted the cache and data and your surprised the app was cleared out?