Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Angry Dodge Hellcat owner sets 7 rules of ownership, with a nod to Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found the Tesla P85D hate funny. Haters gonna hate.

However, the sexist stuff was less amusing (and I'm a guy!). The comment about how a girlfriend will definitely crash if you let her drive with over 500 hp was especially cringeworthy, but maybe my view of female racers is more positive than the average driver after watching the TMConnect videos of Ms. Munter.

Nice to see a man call out another man on sexism. Thank you

Seriously! Man or woman, anyone not used to 700+ HP is going to wreck the car.

Well, maybe. It is more a power to weight ratio that determines how quick you could get in trouble. 4936 lbs being propelled by 691 hp (as in the P85D) works out to 7.14 lbs per hp and with the fast computer dolling out power to match traction, most anyone regardless of previous experience should be fine.

I agree with you if the power to weight ratio is 3.4 lbs per hp and there isn't a computer nanny working to keep you safe. This scenario requires that through practice you slowly work up to exploiting the potential of the car. If the P85D had 1450 hp and no computer aided traction control, that would be 3.4 lbs per hp and the driver would have to employ a gradual learning curve.

At least that is how I approached the different power levels I've had in my Track-T over the years. When I had a 320 hp engine, that power to weight ratio was 5.6 lbs per hp and remember, no computer. Took awhile to get dialed in. Next engine produced 386 hp, more learning, current engine is 526 hp, and I'm still learning to control it at its present potential. Since I roll my own, unlike a major OEM, I don't have product liability to deal with. The computers help address this and I hate to admit it but my computer saved my bacon once in my Caddy CTS-V, as it reacted much quicker than I did.

Well, maybe. It is more a power to weight ratio that determines how quick you could get in trouble. 4936 lbs being propelled by 691 hp (as in the P85D) works out to 7.14 lbs per hp and with the fast computer dolling out power to match traction, most anyone regardless of previous experience should be fine.

I agree with you if the power to weight ratio is 3.4 lbs per hp and there isn't a computer nanny working to keep you safe. This scenario requires that through practice you slowly work up to exploiting the potential of the car. If the P85D had 1450 hp and no computer aided traction control, that would be 3.4 lbs per hp and the driver would have to employ a gradual learning curve.

At least that is how I approached the different power levels I've had in my Track-T over the years. When I had a 320 hp engine, that power to weight ratio was 5.6 lbs per hp and remember, no computer. Took awhile to get dialed in. Next engine produced 386 hp, more learning, current engine is 526 hp, and I'm still learning to control it at its present potential. Since I roll my own, unlike a major OEM, I don't have product liability to deal with. The computers help address this and I hate to admit it but my computer saved my bacon once in my Caddy CTS-V, as it reacted much quicker than I did.

In the case of the hellcat you have 700hp going rear only, it's super easy to break the rears loose even with traction control. If you aren't used to those levels of power, you will get in trouble. The P85D split between two axles is going to be much easier to manage, regardless of TC.

In the case of the hellcat you have 700hp going rear only, it's super easy to break the rears loose even with traction control. If you aren't used to those levels of power, you will get in trouble. The P85D split between two axles is going to be much easier to manage, regardless of TC.

Doesn't the Hellcat default to computer nanny "on" each time it is started? That is what my CTS-V does, so I never have to worry about loss of traction unless after start up I turned the TC off.

And a followup video: "MY RESPONSE to CRITICS regarding THE TESLA MODEL S"

Foul Language Warning!

This guy is just a complete waste of time. These are his quotes:

"Nissan Leaf is a failure"
"I believed my Tesla shares would have have it $300 by now"

But the whole problem with Tesla is:

"The vast majority of people in the world live on less than $1 day" and that's why Tesla is not at $300 for his $30 shares but we should keep buying them so he can make money off them, while he trashes the car which he actually likes because it's made in the States, but it's still no good. He has real trouble forming one logical thought without contradicting himself.

The only saving grace is you do get some good laughs but you have to watch some idiot roar through the streets without any regard for others on the road. Quite fitting for his angry tone. He sure has issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
This guy is just a complete waste of time. These are his quotes:

"Nissan Leaf is a failure"
"I believed my Tesla shares would have have it $300 by now"

But the whole problem with Tesla is:

"The vast majority of people in the world live on less than $1 day" and that's why Tesla is not at $300 for his $30 shares but we should keep buying them so he can make money off them, while he trashes the car which he actually likes because it's made in the States, but it's still no good. He has real trouble forming one logical thought without contradicting himself.

The only saving grace is you do get some good laughs but you have to watch some idiot roar through the streets without any regard for others on the road. Quite fitting for his angry tone. He sure has issues.

Just be happy your on a Tesla forum with intelligent folks instead of the hot rod forums that I participate on due to me building such. Those folks generally are knuckle dragging Neanderthals when I even mention EVs.

Doesn't the Hellcat default to computer nanny "on" each time it is started? That is what my CTS-V does, so I never have to worry about loss of traction unless after start up I turned the TC off.

I'm not sure about the black key, with the red key you have different profiles you set. Traction control on the hellcat still allows wheel spin, so you can still get yourself in trouble if you drop the pedal.

He constantly bashes the price of a Tesla but never once mentions the Hellcat's EPA rating of 13 mpg city. I also like how he says, "for those people who believe in global warming", as if it's a matter of belief. I guess it's just a given in his world that there's no concern for his kid's future with burning that much gas just driving around town. I also know that the way I drive my Tesla I sure wouldn't be getting 13 mpg in a Hellcat, not that you would ever find me in such an ugly beast.

He constantly bashes the price of a Tesla but never once mentions the Hellcat's EPA rating of 13 mpg city. I also like how he says, "for those people who believe in global warming", as if it's a matter of belief. I guess it's just a given in his world that there's no concern for his kid's future with burning that much gas just driving around town. I also know that the way I drive my Tesla I sure wouldn't be getting 13 mpg in a Hellcat, not that you would ever find me in such an ugly beast.

Hang out at a typical hot rod forum and you would find out you and I would be a very small minority and Mr. Hellcat and his ilk in the majority. I have first hand experience and it sure shines some light on to how certain forums attract a common mindset in the membership. I'm a member of many automotive forums and this forum's membership is a very refreshing head and shoulders above all the others.

I'm happy to be here, should have spent more time over the 4 years I've been a member here because for the first time I feel like I'm in a group of like minded people.

I'm happy to be here, should have spent more time over the 4 years I've been a member here because for the first time I feel like I'm in a group of like minded people.

Wow, you've been a member since Nov. 2011 and only have 36 posts, and here I am with over 1000 posts having joined 2 years later. I like it here too but I feel sorry for the first Roadster people who established this place now having to deal with all of us newcomers taking over their home.

Wow, you've been a member since Nov. 2011 and only have 36 posts, and here I am with over 1000 posts having joined 2 years later. I like it here too but I feel sorry for the first Roadster people who established this place now having to deal with all of us newcomers taking over their home.

Don't feel bad for the Roadster folks, they have a totally fun car that could very well be a collectible some time in the future.

I wasted way too much time on the hot rod forums, just too many rednecks for my taste. I can't find any other hot rodders here though I have put out a feeler.

Any other old hot rodders on the forum?

Don't feel bad for the Roadster folks, they have a totally fun car that could very well be a collectible some time in the future.

The Roadster folks are the real pioneers and we owe them a debt of gratitude for helping to prove that Tesla's concepts were viable. It it weren't for them the Model S probably wouldn't exist. It's fun to meet them at Tesla events. I've discovered that many of them also have a Model S in the family.